Do you wish to make your face look youthful? Are you wishing to accentuate your cheekbones? Want to get a fresh and natural look? Is your face looking tired and dull? The solution to all these problems is just one, Blush. It will give your face a natural and flushed look. This is the best way to highlight your cheekbones and make your face look thinner. It can change your look and give you a fresh appearance. Read this article to know some easy ways to apply blush.
Easy Ways to Apply Blush
1.) Choose Blush According to Skin Tone:
Before you apply blush, it is very necessary to decide that what kind of blush will suit you. The right blush will accentuate your facial features. And one wrong choice can ruin your beauty. The shade you pick should match your natural coloring. For a dark skin, a light shade is best and for a light skin, a natural shade will look best. Here are some ideas to select the blush according to your skin tone.
- Fair Skin Color: The best shades for this type of skin tone are peach, soft pink and light coral. This will just enhance your beauty and make your apples shiny. If you are a person with fair skin tone, then a light shade can just do wonders. Peach is best if you have a yellow undertone complexion.
- Medium Skin Color: The best shades for this type of skin tone are a rich pink and shades of mauve. Mauve shades give depth to the skin. These shades will help you to get a dramatic edge. Try to avoid bluish shades otherwise your cheeks will look bruised. These shades of pink and apricot are soft, flirty and fresh.
- Olive Skin Color: People with olive skin has the complexion of green undertones. To make your skin glow a warm peach shade is best. Try the cream formula if you want a fresh and dewy effect. Shades of rose will give your skin a delicate and natural flush. Bronze is another ideal option for this skin tone. It will brighten your skin and can even create soft contours.
- Dark Skin Color: The ideal blush colors for this skin type are dark shades of red, orange and brown. These shades will make your skin look radiant instead of washed out. The vibrant swipe of radiant orchid will give your face a daring effect.
2.) Select the Right Brush to Apply Blush:
No matter how good your blush shade is, it will not look good if you do not apply it correctly and with the right kind of brushes. The right kind of brush will help you in the even application of blush on your skin. Your skin will look softer and more natural. If you apply blush with the help of a brush, you will only take a small amount of the product. The right kind of brush will blend the blush easily. Here are some basic kinds of brushes to apply blush.
- Slant Blush Brush: The bristles of this brush are in slanted shape. This brush blends the blush properly and at the same time highlights and contours your cheeks. It helps you to get an illusion of different facial contour. If you wish to create a thin and elongated face look, then this brush is the right choice.
- Dome Shaped Brush: This is one of best blush brushes to deposit the exact amount of blush on the natural contours of the face. The dome-shaped brush will give you the best results. This will blend the blush easily without leaving any harsh lines on the skin.
- Stippling Brush: This type of blush is a perfect choice to get an airbrushed look. Stippling blush blends so well that your cheeks are left with a dewy and flushed look. This kind of brush is best for dry skin.
3.) Well Lit Space to Apply Blush:
A well-lit space will make it easy for you to apply blush. The features of your face will look enhanced and you will easily get where and how are you going to apply blush. Before applying blush prepare your face so that you can figure out what you exactly have to do.
4.) Basic Makeup Before Applying Blush:
Blush can help you to get a youthful appearance and can accentuate the cheekbones. But it will look good only when the base of the skin is smooth and shiny. For this basic face cleanup and makeup is necessary. Here are simple steps to do basic makeup.
- Wash your skin with a milk cleanser to remove the dead skin cells and tighten the skin pores.
- Apply a moisturizer that matches your skin type. Blend it properly to make skin supple and smooth.
- Use a face primer to fill the skin pores and make the skin smooth and soft. A primer will help your makeup stay for a long time.
- Apply a concealer to hide the dark circles, discolorations, and blemishes.
- Make your skin tone even by applying the right foundation.
- Use a face powder to reduce the set the foundation and minimize the shine.
5.) Steps to Apply Blush:
- If you are applying a powder blush, then use a medium sized fluffy brush to pick the powder. Dab the brush so that the extra powder can come out. Use your finger if you are using a gel blush.
- Make a fish face so that you can easily find the apples of your cheeks. Once you find those round rises, swipe the brush gently to get the natural flush.
- If you are using a gel blush, then dab small dots of it on the face. Use your fingers or a sponge to blend it smoothly.
- For a natural look, contour the shade on the apples of your cheeks and blend them. Dust the extra color to avoid rosy cheeks.
- Sweep the brush from the cheeks towards the nose and then towards the side of your face. Make sure that the strokes are gentle. Avoid making diagonal lines.
- Select a brush to blend the blush naturally without leaving any harsh lines.
- Sweep the brush in a downward direction. This will smoothly set your facial hair on the skin surface.
- Apply blush on each side and make sure that you are not too close to the nostril and the pupil.
- Use a translucent powder to remove the excess blush. Dab a tissue paper on the face so that the extra powder and can come out easily.
- Repeat the whole process on the other cheek and make sure that there are symmetry and balance.
- To bring inner warmth into your cheeks, apply a translucent powder.
6.) Apply Blush According to Face Shape:
Blush can give you a flattering look if you apply it according to your bone structure. The perfect shade and a right technique are the perfect combinations to get that youthful appearance and accentuated cheekbones.
- Heart Shape Face: Saturate your brush with the powder. Shake off the brush to remove the extra powder. Apply the blush in the C shape. This means you have to start from the top of the temple and bring it down to the cheekbones. Apply more blush on the cheekbones and then sweep it towards the temples.
- Square Face Shape: The right kind of technique to apply blush will make the face angles soft. Load up your brush with a cream blush and sweep it across the cheekbones on the higher side. Apply blush from the eyebrow down to the nose. The motions should be very light in order to avoid clown look.
- Oblong Face Shape: In this kind of face type the cheekbones are highlighted naturally. Apply the blush on the cheeks and blend it towards the nose. Sweep the brush on the forehead and on the sides of the brows.
- Round Face Shape: Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks in just two strokes. Don’t blend it towards the nose as it will make your face look more round. Sweep the brush towards the earlobe and the temple.
- Oval Face Shape: Saturate your brush with the blush and shake it off to remove the extra. Use soft strokes towards the earlobe. Blend it towards the temple. Apply blush on the most prominent part of your cheekbone.