Life isn’t perfect, but for sure you can make your hair perfect. For a girl, the best accessory is long and healthy hair. People spend thousands to have long, thick and healthy hair. This article will save all your time and money by giving you the knowledge about biotin for hair growth. Biotin also known as vitamin H, that is very beneficial for hair growth as it nourishes the hair follicles and promotes a healthy metabolism. It converts the fatty acids and glucose into energy which is used by the body for various functions.
Symptoms of Biotin Deficiency:
- Dry skin.
- Mood fluctuations.
- Muscle pain.
- Hair fall.
- Nerve damage.
- Slight prickling in limbs.
- Lack of energy.
- Digestive system issue.
Benefits of Biotin for Hair Growth:
- Biotin is very essential for cell proliferation. If there is a deficiency of biotin then you will have hair loss.
- It helps in the production of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins by reacting with cell enzymes.
- Biotin provides keratin to your hair which is necessary for hair growth.
- It stimulates the growth of hair follicle and hence makes your hair strong.
- Biotin reduces hair fall and helps to get thicker hair.
- Biotin not only makes your hair stronger but will also give your hair a shine and good color.
Foods Rich in Biotin for Hair Growth
1. Almonds for Hair Growth:
This brown color nut not only makes your food toothsome and crunchier but also provides you the essential nutrients like magnesium and biotin for hair growth. It is packed with a good amount of biotin and vitamin E which is very beneficial for hair growth. Almonds contain monounsaturated fats, which promotes healthy hair.
How can You Increase Almond Intake?
- In evening snack instead of having a packet of chips you can have a cup of almonds. This will cut your craving and make your tummy satisfied. Don’t eat too many almonds as the number of calories will increase.
- You can have a milkshake with almonds in it. It is a palatable and crunchy drink.
- Decorate your plate of salad with pieces of almond.
- You can decorate your cookies with almonds.
2. Walnut for Long Hair:
This tasty nut is an excellent source of biotin which is necessary for hair growth. Walnuts will load your body with zinc, potassium, calcium, proteins and iron that you need for a good health. It also contains antioxidants which will make your skin glow and hair shine.
How can You Increase Walnut Intake?
- You can have a handful of raw walnuts on the way back to home.
- Garnish the plate of your salad with walnuts.
- Stick some walnuts to your baked potato.
Precaution: Walnuts are very rich in fatty acids so it is recommended to take a few walnuts.
3. Chicken for Healthy Hair:
The organic- free chicken is one of the perfect choices as it contains biotin for hair growth. It is very rich in biotin and niacin, which makes your hair strong and healthy. Chicken also has a high content of protein, which strengthens your hair and prevents hair fall.
How can You Increase Chicken Intake?
- You can eat boiled chicken with black pepper.
- In your snack time, you can have a bowl of chicken soup.
- You can try the different recipes of chicken, which will only be savory but will also increase biotin in your body.
4. Go Green for Hair Growth:
The green leafy vegetable spinach is an excellent source of biotin which is very necessary for healthy hair. It is also loaded with vitamin E, folate, and protein. All these nutrients promote hair growth. Spinach is also good for your overall health.
How can You Increase Spinach Intake?
- You can eat some boiled spinach in your breakfast.
- Include it in your dinner.
- Make your salad plate more colorful by adding spinach.
- Feed yourself with the delicious spinach sandwich.
5. Seafood for Good Hair:
Seafood contains a good amount of protein and biotin for hair growth. It is packed with omega 3 which is very beneficial for your hair and overall health. If you eat biotin in your food you can save both your time and money. So if you are struggling with hair issues, then eat some seafood to increase biotin in your body.
List of Sea Foods That Contain Biotin for Hair Growth:
- Saltwater fishes.
6. Eggs for Healthy Hair:
If you have a deficiency of biotin then eating egg yolk is the best option for you. It not only gives you a longer hair, but also a healthier appearance. Eggs are a great choice for strong muscles, high energy level, a healthier brain, and weight loss. Eating eggs on a regular basis will make your hair long and healthy. In short, eggs have a good amount of biotin for hair growth.
7. Yogurt for Hair Growth:
This is one of the best options for healthy hair as it has a high content of protein and biotin. If you have a deficiency of protein and biotin then the protein, which you eat will be used by the body for the other functions and your hair will not be able to grow. Yogurt helps in reducing hair fall and makes your hair shiny.
How can You Increase Yogurt Intake?
- You can a have a bowl of plain yogurt during your brunch or evening snack.
- Try some delicious recipes using yogurt.
8. Wheat Bread for Long Hair:
Whole wheat bread is very rich in biotin which is necessary for healthy hair. The yeast present in this bread will increase your biotin intake. It also contains iron, copper, zinc, fiber, phosphorous, calcium and vitamin B. This is especially a good choice for women as it reduces the risk of breast cancer and promotes hair growth.
Products Contains Biotin for Hair Growth
The biotin products should contain 10,000 mcg of biotin which is necessary to ensure its effectiveness. It should also contain other ingredients like collagen, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid to promote hair growth.
Biotin Tablets: You can eat biotin tablets for hair growth. Remember to choose those tables that contain at least 10,000mcg of biotin. Otherwise, it will be a waste to take biotin tablets. Here is a list of tablets that you can choose for biotin intake.
- Incite Nutrition Biotin.
- Natrol Biotin.
- High potency biotin.
- Now biotin.
- Spring valley biotin.
Biotin Oil: Oil that contains biotin are very beneficial for the hair as they moisturize and strengthen the hair. It helps to repair your damaged hair. Biotin oils are a good choice for long, shiny and healthy hair. Here is a list of biotin oils which you can refer.
- Ogx thick and full biotin.
- Agadir Oil.
- Purvana soft gels.
Biotin Shampoo: Shampoos containing biotin are full of collagen and amino acids which are necessary for strong, thick and healthy hair. It helps you to get rid of thin and fragile hair. Here is a list of biotin shampoos
- Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Shampoo.
- Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Shampoo.
- Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo.
- Organix Biotin & Collagen Shampoo.
Other Benefits of Biotin for Overall Health
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Intake of biotin can turn you from an ordinary person to a resplendent person. You must have heard people saying that if you are healthy from inside you will see a natural glow on your face. This is indeed true. If your skin is not nourished from inside it will appear on the outer surface in the form of various skin problems such as rashes, acne, and dermatitis. So for a wrinkle-free, glowing and healthy skin take supplements of biotin. Biotin is also included in many cosmetics and beauty products.
- A Healthy Cardiovascular System: People with a deficiency of biotin have a greater risk of having heart stroke, heart diseases, atherosclerosis, and inflammation. Biotin helps in increasing the good cholesterol and lowers the level of bad cholesterol.
- Healthy Metabolism: Intake of biotin is very necessary for a healthy metabolism. It provides your body energy and also helps in weight loss. A deficiency of biotin can cause a loathful metabolism, weakness, weight gain, diabetes and mood swings.
- Biotin for Healthy Brain: Biotin is very beneficial as it plays an important role in neurotransmitter activity and nerve signaling. It is good for memory and protects you from disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. It helps you to have a positive mindset and high energy level.
- Biotin For Healthy Metabolism:
- It carries out multiple body functions by using the amino acids from proteins.
- It provides the body with energy by converting glucose from carbohydrates into usable energy.
- The fat-containing foods contain fatty acids, which are activated by biotin.
- The Balance of Blood Sugar Level: Biotin prevents the body from diabetes and nerve pain. Chromium and biotin together can do wonders in balancing the sugar level.
- It accelerates the activity of insulin and thus brings the blood sugar level to a balanced state.
- It reduces the fluctuations in blood sugar levels, which can cause pre-diabetes and weight gain.
- Biotin decreases the extraction of enzymes that stimulate glucose production. Due to this less sugar is released into the bloodstream.