Did you notice those oil-filled specks on your face? If yes, then this is nothing but blackheads that appear when the hair follicles get clogged either by excess production of sebum or the dead skin cells. These small bumps are a type of acne that is usually seen on the nose. They look black in color due to oxidization. Oxidization happens when the clogged pores are exposed to air. These surely will act as an obstacle in achieving your beauty regime. But don’t worry, this article will help you in blackhead removal.
Simple Remedies for Blackhead Removal (Tips and Tricks)
1. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads:
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of blackheads. It removes all the impurities from the pores and gives you a clear skin. It makes your skin soft and smooth by removing the dead skin cells. Baking soda balances the pH of the skin due to which it produces less oil. This, in turn, prevents blackheads. Baking soda is a natural cleanser without any harsh chemicals.
How to Apply Baking Soda:
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add mineral water to make a thick paste.
- Gently massage on the blackhead.
- Continue doing this for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to remove blackheads.
2. Lemon Juice for Blackhead Removal:
Lemon contains alpha-hydroxy acids that prevent blackheads and other skin problems. It is a natural astringent with citric acid, which tightens the pores and removes blackheads. Lemon is a natural cleanser and prevents the skin from bacterial infection. It penetrates deeply into the skin due to which the skin tone is enhanced. It is also a good choice for acne, blemishes, and dark spots.
How to Apply Lemon Juice:
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt and add one teaspoon of honey.
- Squeeze a lemon and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of the skin.
- Scrub your face for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do this treatment every day for blackhead removal.
3. Honey to Remove Blackheads:
This natural antiseptic pulls out the dirt from the skin pores. It tightens the skin pores and hence is one of the best remedies for blackhead removal. It gives you a clear complexion by tightening the pores of your skin. If you want a natural shine on your face, then this is a good choice for you. Honey removes the blackheads by destroying the germs. The lactic acid in the milk keeps the skin nourished and soft.
How to Apply Honey:
- Mix equal amounts of honey and milk (1 teaspoon).
- Take a clean cotton strip.
- Heat this temperature in a microwave for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Allow it to cool down a little.
- Apply this paste on the blackhead.
- Cover it with the cotton strip.
- Let the paste dry.
- Peel the cotton strip and wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat the process on a regular basis to cure blackheads.
4. Green Tea to Treat Blackheads:
Green tea controls the production of sebum by 50%. It is a good choice for blackhead removal due to its antioxidant properties. Green tea acts as a natural exfoliate that deeply cleans your skin and open the clogged pores.
How to Apply Green Tea:
- Mix one teaspoon of green tea leaves in mineral water to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture on the blackhead.
- Scrub the area for about 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
5. Oatmeal for Blackhead Removal:
It removes the toxins from the clogged pores by exfoliating the skin. It absorbs the excess oil and hence prevents blackheads. Oatmeal keeps the skin moisturized and encourages the growth of new cells. It has powerful antioxidants, which help to maintain the firmness and elasticity of the skin. It contains polysaccharides that help to tighten the skin pores.
How to Apply Oatmeal:
- Mix tomato juice and oatmeal to make a paste.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Scrub the affected areas of your face with this paste.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy for blackhead removal.
6. Orange to Get Rid of Blackheads:
Orange has antibacterial properties that help to destroy the bacteria that cause blackheads and promotes the growth of new skin cells. It has antioxidant properties that fight with the free radicals in the skin. The vitamin C in orange removes the dead skin cells from the skin thus making it glow. Orange peel is packed with nutrients that help in controlling the oil production and hydrates your skin. Try this remedy for blackhead removal.
How to Apply Orange:
- Keep the peels of an orange in the sun.
- Let them dry for a few hours.
- Scrub your blackhead daily with this peel.
7. Facial Steaming for Blackheads Removal:
This is one of the best remedies for blackhead removal. The mist that appears on your face softens the surface layer of dead skin cells and pushes the accumulated dirt and debris out of the skin. It will make blackhead removal easy for you by making them loose. It increases the blood circulation thus giving you a young and healthy skin.
How to do:
- Boil a large bowl of water.
- Lean over it and cover your head with a towel so that the steam does not escape.
- Stay in this position for about 10 minutes, so that the steam could do its work.
- Do not go too close as this can burn your skin.
- Wash off your face with warm water.
- Use a towel to dry it.
- Apply a good moisturizer.
- Repeat the treatment several times a week to remove blackheads.
8. Tomato for Blackheads Removal:
Vitamin C, A and citric acid make the tomato a natural remedy for blackhead removal. It makes the pores of the skin shrink, thus preventing blackheads. It balances the pH of the skin and reduces skin irritation. Try this remedy for blackhead removal.
How to Apply Tomato:
- Mash a medium size tomato to make a paste.
- Apply this paste over your blackheads.
- Scrub the area for about 2 minutes.
- Let this tomato paste stay on your blackhead for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
Note: If you have a dry skin, then you can mix olive oil in this paste to make your skin soft. But if your skin is oily then do not mix olive oil as it increases the risk of acne.
9. Egg White to Get Rid of Blackheads:
The astringent properties of egg whites help to tighten the skin by shrinking the pores. The pore minimizing properties of egg white makes it an amazing choice for oily skin. The blackheads will squeeze out naturally when the skin pores will get tight. It controls the excess oil production.
How to Apply Egg White:
- Apply a thin layer of egg white evenly on your face.
- Cover the face with a tissue paper.
- Again, apply a layer of egg white.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Peel the egg white.
- Wash your face with normal water.
- You can do this twice a week for blackhead removal.
10. Toothpaste to Remove Blackheads:
Toothpaste removes the blackhead by drawing out the impurities from the pores of the skin. It contains baking soda that removes the toxins from the skin. It balances the pH level of the skin and the small amount of hydrogen peroxide in it kills the bacteria that are responsible for blackhead. Try this effective remedy for blackhead removal.
How to Apply Toothpaste:
- Use a mild cleanser to clean your face.
- Massage the face for at least 2 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply the white mint toothpaste on the blackhead.
- Allow the toothpaste to dry completely.
- Rub it on your skin in circular motions to remove blackheads.
- Clean your face with warm water.
- Repeat the remedy on a regular basis to remove blackheads.
Precaution: Use white mint toothpaste only as gel toothpaste will not help you.