Imagine you get awake in the middle of the night because of the symptoms of cold and the most terrible thing is you are not able to find a single medicine. Suddenly you wake up and realize that it was just a bad dream. But what if it comes true. In this article, you will find a variety of natural remedies to cure a cold. So the next time when you get up in the middle of the night due to symptoms of cold you don’t have to search for a medicine. A cold is an infection that is caused by different kinds of viruses. Though it is not dangerous, but that headache, itchy eyes, sore throat, fever and stuffy nose will not let you live in peace.
Natural Remedies to Cure a Cold
1.) Honey to Cure a Cold:
Honey has robust antiviral and antioxidant properties that help to fight the virus that is responsible for causing cold. It gives you instant relief by soothing the scratchy throat. When you are strong from inside you will automatically stay away from all the health issues. Honey is good for strengthening the immune system. A strong immune system will prevent you from future colds and flu. This is an amazing remedy to get rid of cold.
Method to Use Honey for Cold:
- Swallow one tablespoon of honey daily.
- Prepare a glass of warm lemon water.
- Add one tablespoon of raw honey and mix it well.
- Drink this water slowly to get instant relief from cold.
- Drink this liquid in every 2 hours to cure a cold.
2.) Serve Yourself Spice Tea:
Follow the steps to make the spice tea.
Method of Making Spice Tea for Cold:
- Keep a quarter cup of coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds in sunlight. Also keep half tablespoons of fennel and cumin seeds.
- Allow them to stay in the sunlight until they get completely dry.
- Roast and grind these seeds together to make a fine powder.
- In a cup of boiling water, add ½ tablespoon of the prepared powder.
- Add half teaspoon of rock candy.
- Keep the flame low and heat it for another 5 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Boil this liquid and then strain it.
- Drink this tea before it cools down.
- Continue drinking this tea until you get relief.
3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Cold:
Garlic is a good choice to protect the immune system against the symptoms of a cold. The reason is the powerful antiseptic nature of garlic. It has a powerful antioxidant known as Allicin that kills the virus that is responsible for cold. Garlic has an oil that clears the congestion by breaking the mucous. The selenium, sulfur and other enzymes in garlic make your immune system strong. Try this amazing remedy to cure a cold.
Method to Use Garlic for Cold:
- Mix one minced garlic clove in two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add half teaspoon of cayenne pepper and one teaspoon of honey.
- Eat this mixture daily to cure a cold.
- Alternatively, boil a cup of water and add chopped garlic cloves. Mix one teaspoon of honey and consume this 3 to 4 times a day to get relief from cold.
4.) Red Onion to Treat a Cold:
Red onion has the ability to ward off the common cold. The reason behind using red onion is the therapeutic and congestion relieving properties. Let me tell you about an old tradition regarding onion. This is a tradition of keeping slices of onion in a bowl if someone is suffering from a cold. The reason behind keeping it half cut is the pungent smell of onion has powerful healing properties. This is one of the amazing remedies to treat a cold.
Method to Use Red Onion for Cold:
- Cut slices of red onion horizontally.
- Take a bowl and put one slice of onion.
- Cover this with a thick layer of honey.
- Place another slice of red onion on that and again repeat the same thing.
- Continue doing this until the bowl is full.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and leave it for at least 15 hours.
- After 15 hours when you will open the bowl you will find a thick syrup in it.
- Consume this syrup several times a day to treat a cold.
5.) Hot Chicken Soup to Cure a Cold:
A bowl of chicken soup can help you to heal faster. Prepare a soup containing all the organic vegetables and chunks of chicken. These vegetables and chicken contain antioxidants and nutrients that are essential for the body. Try this delicious remedy to cure a cold.
6.) Mullein Tea for Cold:
Mullein tea is known for improving a large number of upper respiratory problems such as cold, bronchitis, tonsillitis and cough. The strong antioxidant properties of mullein soothe the inflamed respiratory tract. It has antioxidants which make your immune system strong. Mullein is loaded with expectorant properties which help to get rid of mucous and clears congestion. It also reduces irritation on the surface of tissues because of its astringent properties. Mullein has diuretic properties that help in the process of detoxification. Try this amazing remedy to cure a cold.
Method of Making Mullein Tea for Cold:
- Place dried mullein herb in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it stay in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Mix a little honey and drink it to get quick relief from cold.
- You can also drink a cup of green tea to treat a cold.
7.) Ginger Tea to Get Rid of Cold:
The antiviral natural of ginger makes it an effective remedy to cure a cold. It fights against the virus that is responsible for cold. Ginger cleans the system and helps to bring down the body temperature by stimulating perspiration. It is used as a decongestant to relieve the symptoms of a cold. It has mild sedative properties that reduce fever and pain.
Method of Making Ginger Tea for Cold:
- Prepare a cup of ginger tea for yourself. To make it more effective add a few drops of lemon juice and honey.
- Grind ginger, cloves, and salt together to make a paste.
- Consume half teaspoon of this paste 2 to 3 times a day.
8.) Pepper to Cure a Cold:
The expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties of lemon make it a perfect choice to cure a cold. It breaks the mucous and phlegm that is deposited in the respiratory tract. It expels the mucus through sneezing and coughing. Pepper helps you to get rid of nasal congestion and promotes faster healing.
Method to Use Pepper for Cold:
- Mix one teaspoon of black pepper powder in a glass of warm water.
- Gargle with this water to get relief from cold.
- Simply smell pepper throughout the day and see the effective results.
- Sprinkle some black pepper on your meals.
9.) Prepare Your Own Syrup for Cold:
Prepare syrup own your own with the help of given steps:
Method of Making Homemade Syrup for Cold:
- Take a sauce pan and add one 1 tablespoon of marshmallow root and crushed ginger.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sticks and licorice root.
- Add four cups of water in the pan.
- Heat it on low flame until the solution becomes half.
- Add one cup of honey and allow it to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Strain the herbs and fill the liquid in a glass bottle.
- Have one tablespoon of this syrup 2 to 3 times a day to cure a cold.
10.) Cinnamon to Cure a Cold:
A Sore throat is a common symptom of a cold, which you just can’t ignore. Cinnamon will help you to ease the pain and inflammation of the respiratory tract. This is a common herb that is found in every kitchen. Try this amazing remedy to cure a cold.
Method to Use Cinnamon for Cold:
- In a glass of boiling water, add one tablespoon of powdered cinnamon.
- Add 2 cloves and heat on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Drink this warm tea after straining it.
- Mix a few drops of honey to increase its effectiveness.
- Drink this tea 3 times a day to get rid of cold.