In this article, we have listed best natural remedies to cure a sore throat. But before that lets know more about sore throat. A sore throat involves irritation, scratchiness, and pain in the throat. The general causes of a sore throat are the flu, viral infection, and a common cold. But most of the common reason of a sore throat is acute viral. There is a kind of a sore throat that is known as Streptococcal infection, which is not so common. It is caused by a bacteria. In this article, we bring you simple and easy cure a sore throat.
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
- If you have a pain in your throat or feel a scratchy throat.
- You feel difficulties in swallowing your food, even liquid also.
- If white patches appear on your tonsils.
- If your voice has become hazy.
- Coughing, sneezing, vomiting and runny nose.
Causes of Sore Throat:
- Allergies to dogs or any other pet, molds, pollen or dust can be a cause of a sore throat. This can irritate your throat and inflame it.
- When you wake up and you feel a sore throat, it is because the dry indoor air. It feels like the scratchy and dry throat.
- Cold can also be a cause of a sore throat.
- Yelling or talking too much from a long time, this scratches your throat and this will also be a cause of a sore throat.
- It is very rare but HIV, tumor and cancer can also be the causes of a sore throat.
Top Remedies to Cure a Sore Throat:
1.) Jaggery Water to Get Rid of a Sore Throat:
The nature of jaggery is hot, so the intake of jaggery in cold and cough provides relief and clear a sore throat. It is also good in taste.
- Take water in a bowl and turn on the flame.
- Add some jaggery in water and let it melt properly.
- When jaggery melted properly adds cumin and pepper in the mixture.
- Consume it and do not burn your mouth.
- Consume it once in a day and you see results in 3-4 days.
- You will get rid of sore throat fast.
2.) Gargle With Warm Salt Water to Treat a Sore Throat:
Gargle therapy always works in kind of the problems associated with the throat. Remember your grandmother always used to force you to gargle. Because she always knew the benefits of gargle.
- Boil some water in a vessel, but make sure the water should not be too hot.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and add half teaspoon of salt.
- Gargle twice or thrice in a day for better results.
- Gargle on a daily basis also it will help you to clean your throat.
3.) Eat Garlic and Ginger Paste to Cure a Sore Throat:
Garlic has the properties such as antioxidant, antimicrobial and antibiotic, which boost the immune system and reduce the inflammation. Ginger and garlic will clear out the infection of the throat. Ginger fight against the infection and the illness of the cold. It is a natural antiviral.
- Take a small piece of ginger and 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Grate them and mix together. The paste is ready to consume.
- Have it in every 2-3 hours till you get rid of cold. Though the taste and smell of garlic and ginger are very bad, but give you relief.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar Drink to Treat a Sore Throat:
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has high levels of acidity, that help kill bacteria quite efficiently, and if you mix it with honey it will soothe the soreness in your throat.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with honey and add into very warm water. Drink it when it is warm only.
- If you do not like the taste of you can try another method.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a half cup of warm water.
- Gargle with it once in a day and you will definitely get rid of a sore throat.
5.) Make Baking Soda Tea to Cure a Sore Throat:
Baking soda has antibacterial properties, which helps to kill off the nasty camping out of your throat. It also has the properties, which soothes the skin irritations such rashes, and also it will act for the swollen tissues in your throat.
- Boil a cup of water and mix half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon baking soda.
- Stir well and test the temperature. If you feel it is ready to take then gargle with it.
- Do this thrice in a day until you get relief.
6.) Flax Seed Juice to Get Rid of Cold:
Flax seeds contain high levels of mucilage gum contents, which cleans a sore throat and provide relaxation. It cuts off the causes of cold viral.
- In a pan boil some drinking water.
- Add flax seeds into it and let it thicken.
- When it is completely cooked add honey.
- Now add some lemon juice and consume it hot.
- It will provide you relaxation and you will get rid of your cold faster.
7.) Cloves to Get Cure a Sore Throat:
Cloves helps ease the pain of mouth and throat. It contains a substance eugenol, which is a natural painkiller and act as an antibacterial too. Cloves numb the throat for a time and work easily and faster.
- Pop one or two cloves into your mouth and suck it until it gets soften and then chew it like a gum.
- You can swallow it too because it is not harmful. Do this until you need.
8.) Spiced Tea to Get Rid of Sore Throat:
It is also a very good prevention for a cough and cold. It contains various herbs, which are good for the immune system and clear a sore throat. The spices in spiced tea are rich with antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Take a tea pan boil some water and add tea leaves, cardamom (ginger, sugar, cloves, and black pepper).
- Boil it for 5-7 minutes. Now add milk and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
9.) Pomegranate to Get Rid of Sore Throat:
Pomegranate fights with infection and soothes the throat as it is an antioxidant. It also contains astringents, which helps to cure swelling of the throat and provides you relief from pain.
- Peel off a pomegranate and boil the rinds into 3 cups of water. Boil it for 15 minutes.
- When it becomes warm either you can drink it or you can gargle also. Do this 3 times in a day and you will get results fast.
- You can also drink pomegranate juice.
10.) Turmeric and Milk to Get Rid of Sore Throat:
Turmeric is rich in antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a great home remedy for allergic cold and cough. It clears the infections associated with a sore throat and provides you relief from a scratchy throat.
- In a glass of warm milk and add a half teaspoon of turmeric.
- If you want, you can add sugar. Otherwise, you can drink it without sugar also.
- Consume this remedy twice in a day. Once in the morning and then before going to bed.
- It is also a very famous treatment for a sore throat.
- Though, it doesn’t taste good, but this is the best old home remedy for cold. You can drink turmeric milk if you got some injury.
11.) Liquorice Tea to Cure a Sore Throat:
Liquorice has the properties like antioxidant, antiviral and anti-inflammatory, which help to reduce irritation and swelling of the throat. It also soothes the mucous membranes of the throat.
- Chop one cup dry liquorice root and mix it with a half cup of cinnamon chips, 2 teaspoons of whole cloves and a half cup of chamomile flowers.
- Heat 2.5 cups of water in a pan or vessel, when it is boiled low down the flame and add 3 teaspoons of this mixture and let it simmer for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Strain it, and drink twice in a day to get faster results.
- You can store the remaining mixture in a glass container, away from heat and light.
Prevention to Cure a Sore Throat Faster:
- Drink a lot of water, juice, lemonade and other fluids. Steam will provide you relief in a sore throat and you add a few drops of essential oils in then it would be a good step.
- You can also suck a garlic clove. Your mouth will stink afterward, but you can suck it before going to sleep and brush well in the morning.
- Take some hydrogen. It will kill the bacteria and cut off the infection. Mix 3 percent of hydrogen in a glass of water and drink.
These home remedies will help you to get rid of a sore throat and will also cure the pain and the swelling of the throat. The above remedies have the ingredients, which provide instant relief to a sore throat. So try these home remedies at your home and cure a sore throat faster and naturally.