Does that muffin top that blooms over the top of your tight jeans make you feel chagrined in front of others? If yes, then it’s time to challenge yourself. Dieting alone cannot help you to shed that excess fat around the abdomen. You need something extra and that extra is exercise. Exercise brings happiness and fitness. Read on and burn more calories with these exercises to lose belly fat.
Reasons Behind Belly Fat:
- Carbonated foods and sugary beverages.
- Late night snacks.
- Alcohol and smoking.
- Sluggish metabolism.
- Hormonal factors.
- Anxiety, stress, and fear.
- Unhealthy diet.
- Sleeping disorders.
Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
1.) Twist Crunches to Get Rid of Belly Fat:
This is one of the best exercises to get rid of belly fat. Start with simple crunches and once you get used to it, modify the crunch to increase its effectiveness. Try this amazing exercise for promising results.
Steps to do Twist Crunches:
- Lie down with your back straight on a carpet.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Fold and your knees and keep the soles of your feet on the ground.
- In simple crunches, you lift your upper torso. But in twist crunches, you have to lift your right shoulder towards the left side. Make sure that your left torso is on the ground.
- Now lift the left shoulder and move towards the right side. This time your right torso should be on the ground.
- Do twist crunches for at least 10 times.
2.) Vertical Leg Crunch to Reduce Belly Fat:
This is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat. This exercise burns the excess fat stored around the abdomen and hips. The vertical leg crunch is easy to do exercise and you do not need the help of any other person.
Steps to Do Vertical Leg Crunch:
- Lie down flat on a carpet.
- Keep your legs straight in an upward direction. Your toes should point to the ceiling.
- Now, cross one knee over the other.
- Breathe in and lift your upper torso towards the pelvis.
- Breathe out slowly and settle yourself again on the carpet.
- Do 3 sets of vertical leg crunch daily.
3.) Lunge Twist to Lose Belly Fat:
This is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat. Lunge twist is one of the best exercises for beginners. Try this excellent workout to get rid of that stubborn belly fat.
Steps to Do Lunge Twist:
- Stand straight with your hip width apart.
- Slightly bent your knees.
- Lift your hands and align them with your shoulders. Make sure that your hands are parallel to the ground.
- Move our right leg in a forward direction and pretend as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Make sure that your knees make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- While doing this keep your left leg back and support it with the toes.
- All this while keep your spine straight.
- Move your upper torso to the left and right directions.
- Move the torsoat leastt 15 times to get favorable results.
4.) Simple Crunches to Get Rid of Belly Fat:
This is the number one fat burning exercise. Crunches burn the stored stomach fat easily. You need to keep one thing in mind. While doing crunches just lift your body a few inches from the floor. This is done to make sure that you do not get any sought of injury.
Steps to Do Simple Crunches:
- Lift your leg and make sure that a 90-degree angle is formed.
- Place your hands either crossed on the chest or behind your head.
- Breathe in deeply and lift your upper torso off the floor.
- Exhale slowly while lifting your upper torso.
- Breathe in when you settle down on the carpet.
- Do 3 sets of crunches daily to burn belly fat.
5.) Bicycle Exercise to Burn Belly Fat:
Bicycle exercise doesn’t mean that you need a good bicycle for it. It can be done with your legs. You can shed the excess fat around the abdomen easily. This is among the amazing exercises to lose belly fat. Follow the steps given below.
Steps to Do Bicycle Exercise:
- Lie down straight on a mat and place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your legs in an upward direction and bend them at the knees.
- Keep your left leg away and bring the right leg close to the chest.
- Now, take the right leg away and bring the left leg close to the chest.
- Move your legs as if you are pedaling a bicycle.
- Start with 20 minutes and once you get used to it, exceed the time.
6.) Rolling Plank Exercise to Shred Belly Fat:
This is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat. The main target of this exercise is the muscles around the hips, abdomen and lower back. You need to be a little careful while doing this exercise. While doing this exercise, you will feel that you should hold your breath. But don’t do that as it will cause nausea and dizziness.
Steps to Do Rolling Plank Exercise:
- Lie down on a mat sideways. Keep your spine straight.
- Support your body with your right elbow and right leg.
- Keep your elbow perpendicular to the shoulder. Place your left leg above the right leg.
- Make sure that your hips do not touch the ground.
- Stay in this position for atleast 30 seconds.
- Shift to the other side and repeat the process.
7.) Captain’s Chair to Get Rid of Belly Fat:
This is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat. The main target of this exercise is to reduce the excess belly fat. You just a need a strong chair to do this exercise. Try the simple steps given below and feel the change.
Steps to Do:
- Sit straight on a chair and keep your shoulders relaxed.
- Let your hands hang by your side and place your palms by the side of your hips.
- Breathe in deeply.
- Move your legs and bring your knees close to the chest.
- Maintain this posture for 5 seconds.
- Slowly bring your legs down.
- Make sure that your spine is straight throughout the exercise.
- Repeat this exercise to get rid of belly fat.
8.) Cardio Exercises to Lose Belly Fat:
If you want to shed that unwanted flab from your tummy, then cardio exercises are perfect for you. The best part is that most of the cardio exercise has no time barrier. Cardio exercises not only helps in burning belly fat but also reduces stress, promotes proper sleep and increases the lung capacity. Here is a list of cardio exercises to lose belly fat.
- Walking: This is one of the best and simplest exercises to lose belly fat. Walking is an amazing fat burner for your overall body. A healthy diet plus a regular walk is the best thing to lose belly fat. Just go for a walk for 45 minutes daily. This cardio exercise also decreases the risk of injuries. Walking will increase your metabolic rate due to which your body will burn more calories.
- Swimming: The strokes which you use in swimming helps you to burn more calories. This cardio exercise will not only help you to lose weight but at the same time will reduce your stress. Swim twice a week to get rid of belly fat.
- Running: This cardio exercise only requires a good quality of sports shoes. When you run your heart beat increases due to which more calories are burned. Plug your earphones and go for a run. There is no time barrier in this cardio exercise.
- Jogging: This is a kind of aerobic exercise. It helps you to fight obesity and stay healthy. According to a research, jogging is more effective when compared with weight lifting.
Points to Remember While Doing Exercises:
- Take enough protein while doing exercises.
- A small break between each set of exercise is necessary.
- Try to lift heavier weights for encouraging results.
- Start your day with weight lifting and then do cardio exercises.
- Establish a workout routine.