Looking at the mirror do you feel that those flabs are peeping out from your body cons or crop tops? Well, then you’ve clicked opened just the right link. In this article, we will discuss a few ways to manage and plan your daily life. No, we are not some meditation school or running some sought of therapy regimes. Here we will help you to get a flat stomach by managing your diet plans and day-to-day activities.
Whether summers are hitting Sydney, or it’s about a year-long in Hawaii, if you want to beckon the beaches and flaunt your sexy swimsuits, you need to have that flat and toned belly that does not peep out and spoil the look. In case you are feeling a little flabby around the waist or just want to do a little toning up, these tips will prove to be quite helpful for you and get a flat stomach over time.
Easy Steps to Get a Flat Stomach
1.) Do Not Eat Before Sleeping
The mechanism of your body slows down while sleeping; this affects your digestive system making it difficult the food.
You are also much less active during the darker times of the day, which means that your body is more likely to store the calories you at night and make you fat, rather than burning and consuming the fat and utilizing them as energy for the body.
Try not to eat food 3-4 hours before sleep as this can make you fat over time.
2.) Consume Healthy Foods
Nothing is more obvious than maintaining a healthy diet to get a flat stomach. All you need to do is eat more healthy foods like fruits, veggies, lentils, sprouts and whole grains.
This simple switch will make your belly appear flat in no time. So, try replacing your bad foods with the good. Enlisted below are a few ways to maintain a healthy diet by consuming the following foods:
3.) Eat Protein Rich Diet
Protein rich foods include:
- Fish (Tuna, salmon, cod) (3 oz fillet has 17g of protein)
- Yogurt, milk and soy milk (1 cup has 14g)
- Eggs (1 large egg has 6g)
- Nuts and seeds (1 ounce of mixed nuts has 8g)
- Beans (1 cup has 31g)
- Tofu (3oz slices has 6g)
- Non-fat Cheese (1 oz has 9g)
- Chicken (3oz has 25g)
4.) Eat Whole Grains
Whole grains make you feel fuller throughout the day and curb your mid-meal food cravings, this can help to get a flat stomach over time. Look for the “100% whole wheat” mark on the label.
- Brown Rice.
- Wild rice.
5.) Low-Fat Dairy Products
Switch over to low-fat dairy products that will help to get a flat stomach. This is because they are rich in protein and vitamin B6.
- Sharp cheddar cheese.
- Skim mozzarella cheese.
- Skim milk.
- Plain yogurt.
- Ricotta cheese both low-fat and skim.
- Non-fat light raspberry yogurt.
6.) Consume Healthy Fats
Not all fatty foods are bad as some of them are essential for your body. The monounsaturated fats found in avocados, fish oil, and nuts and are actually very good for your health and can help you to get a flat stomach, eventually losing weight. Only stay away from Trans fats that are present in packed and baked foods.
Good Monounsaturated fat foods include:
- Whole eggs.
- Fatty fish
- Chia seeds
- Dark Chocolate.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Sunflower oil.
- Coconut oil
- Full-fat yogurt.
- Olive oil
7.) Lower Sodium Consumption
Sodium increases your body’s water retention capacity that makes your belly appear bloated, especially around the abdomen. Try replacing the sodium with the healthier options. Prefer kosher or sea salt over common salt, which is lower in sodium.
Foods that are low in sodium include:
- Apple, Banana, Orange.
- Carrot, Spinach, Broccoli.
- Eggs, Fish, Chicken.
- Dried peas, Dried beans.
- Lemon and limes, Ginger, Garlic, Onions.
- Salt-free seasonings.
- Canola oil, Peanut oil, Sesame oil.
- Olive oil.
- Low-sodium salad dressing.
- Unsalted or no butter popcorn.
- Unsweetened oatmeal.
- Vegetable juice.
- Dried frozen foods.
- Canned fruits with no syrup.
8.) Reduce Your Food Intakes
It’s not always the wrong kind of food that makes you fat, sometimes eating too much of food can also result in your flabs. So, prefer eating smaller portions of your meal no matter if it makes you eat 5 times a day.
- Another good trick is to replace your plates with 1 or 2 sizes smaller ones. This will cut 20-25% of your actual food consumption.
- Try to chew more slowly as this will help to speed up the digestion process thus, leaving you feeling less bloated and thus helping to get a flat stomach. You should chew every bite until it reaches the consistency of a paste with no granules.
- Take small breaks in between every bite of food while eating.
- This extra time that is devoted while chewing will give your stomach a chance to realize that you don’t need any more food, thus preventing the binge.
- Nuts and seeds are known as good snacks as they help to make you feel fuller throughout the day and curb the mid meal cravings.
9.) Low-Glycemic Index Foods
- These food items take longer to digest, eventually making you feel fuller throughout the day.
- This will also curb your mid meal cravings and make you get a flat stomach over time.
- Cabbage, carrots, Celery,
- Cauliflower, cucumbers, dark lettuce.
- Onions, tomatoes.
- Broccoli, apples, pears, and banana.
- These are all the good and healthy foods that you should eat to get a flat stomach.
10.) Reduce Sugar Consumption
- Consuming less sugar will help to lower your insulin levels.
- Always use artificial sweeteners with care.
- They may help you to reduce caloric intake and get a flat belly.
- Also, there are pieces of evidence that prove, high consumption of sugar triggers an increased foods cravings.
- This can result in sudden weight gain.
11.) Drink Plenty of Water
Replace all your regular carbonated and fizzy beverages with water, especially soda, and sugared drinks, as they are full of empty calories and can even lead to bloating.
- Always carry water with you, wherever you go. This could be to the gym or strenuous activities. Water helps to take effective breaks during hot or heavy workouts.
- Water will help to flush the toxins out of your system in the form of urine or sweat. It also helps to keep your bowels moving, as these are essential to get a flat stomach over time.
- Try making mouth savoring water drinks.
- This is simply plain water that is infused with a number of refreshing and energizing ingredients.
- It works wonders to speed up the metabolism and get a flat stomach over time.
- Recipes vary from a combination of ingredients such as orange slices, grated ginger, cucumber, fresh spearmint, lemon slices, and fresh basil leaves.
- The water is left to infuse overnight as this process makes it refreshingly “sassy” by the time you wake up in the morning.
- The color of your urine should be a light yellow or clear. A darker shade of yellow with an odor is a sign of dehydration.
12.) Say No to Liquor
Alcohol, particularly wine, and beer are full of calories. So, if you want to get a flat stomach ditch these enemies and your habits of lurking over liquor.
FACT- A bottle of wine has 600 calories.
- Alcohol consumption also releases estrogen into your system, which is considered as unwanted waste by your body. This is because excess estrogen causes the body to retain weight.
- Alcohol is also a proven remedy to stimulate appetite thus; this makes you much more likely to overeat or binge on all the foods you’ve craved for.
- These include Trans fats, carbs, all those unhealthy elements that should not get inside you gut if you want to tone that belly up.
13.) Daily Aerobics
If you have got a layer of stomach fat that is covering up your abs, you need a hard time with those morning aerobics sessions. All you need to do is burn that extra layer as you have enough of it to keep you warm during winters.
- Cardio exercises will help to heat up the core temperature of your body and improve circulation, both of which help to get a flat stomach over time.
- Strive for at least 30 minutes a day, but include 1-2 days of rest each week.
- Dancing, skipping, swimming, cycling, and walking at a good place, will all work wonders for a great aerobic session.
- Anything that simply brings your heart rate up will do the trick!
- Try interval cardio training that includes an alternating between sprinting and power walking.
- You can try sprinting until you get too tired to even move an inch. Simply take a walk when you feel tired.
- As soon as you feel that you have caught your breath and the body is re-energized for take-two and sprint again.
- Repeat the exercise for about half an hour, or a minimum of 20 minutes.
14.) Plyometric Exercises
Plyometrics exercises require those special explosive powers and they combine both cardio with strength training procedures.
- The exercises enlisted below are more suitable for experienced athletes than the less experienced or the newbies.
- This is because the exercises involve a risk of injury.
- Tendon injury, and
Some DIY Plyometric exercises include:
Modified Jumping Jacks:
- Stand straight, then jump up with both the hands and feet spread apart, this will create an “X” in the air.
- Now, land back while standing.
- Repeat this exercise many times as you can.
- This will help you get a flat stomach.
- Start with a push-up position, do one push-up.
- Now, push off with your feet and again pull your knees back to your chest.
- This way, your feet lands between your hands (still on the ground in push-up position).
- Now, jump as high as you can, arms overhead.
- Squat back down with your hands still on the floor then jumps back to push-up position again.
- Repeat the remedy as many times as possible throughout the day.
- This will help you get a flat stomach over time.