‘Small in the waist and cute in the face’. You must have heard this a lot of times. A smaller waist is one of the attractive features in both the genders. Strategic clothing, diet regime and exercise are the keys to get a smaller waist. If it has been your dream to get an hourglass figure, then read this article to discover some natural ways to get a smaller waist.
Natural Ways to Get a Smaller Waist:
1.) Redesign Your Diet:
Your goal of achieving a smaller waist will only be completed if you redesign your diet. Smart food choices along with determination and discipline will help you to get a tiny waist. Here are some tips that will help you to redesign your diet.
- Calorie Intake: Maintain your calorie intake. Do not take more than 1200 calories in a day. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-dairy products. Remember, you have to avoid refined grains and sugary products otherwise your progress rate will slow down.
- Healthy Breakfast: It is very necessary to eat a healthy breakfast to get a smaller waist. It kick-starts your metabolism and helps to burn more calories throughout the day. Breakfast keeps you full and satisfied for a longer period of time. It cuts off your unnecessary cravings. You can have eggs, high-vitamin fruits and whole grain cereals and bread. Drink a glass of plain water before breakfast to keep your body hydrated.
- Smaller Meals: If you force yourself to starve then you actually end up eating more when the meals are served. The best way is to eat small meals throughout the day. This will not only decrease your overall diet but will also stimulate your metabolism due to which calories will burn at a faster rate. You should at least eat 5 to 6 times a day.
- Healthy Fats: Healthy fats such as monounsaturated fats prevents the accumulation of belly fat. Monounsaturated fats include chocolate, avocados, seeds and soya beans. Another healthy fat is polyunsaturated fats that contain omega 3 fatty acids. Walnuts, tofu, canola oil and salmon are examples of polyunsaturated fats. Avoid eating trans fat as they are deposited in the abdomen.
- Fiber: These foods take a longer time to digest and hence your stomach is full for a longer period of time. It not only prevents overeating but also normalizes the bowel movements. These are low in calories and can speed up the fat burning process. Foods rich in soluble fiber are carrots, apples, beans, peas and barley. Insoluble fiber includes wheat bran, nuts, beans and green leafy vegetables.
2.) Exercise to Get a Smaller Waist:
A regular and rigorous exercise routine can help you to get a smaller waist. This is a perfect solution that totally depends on your hard work and dedication. Begin gradually and then increase the intensity of your exercise. You can try cardio exercises such as jumping, running and jogging. Cardio exercises help you to get rid of excess fat by burning calories faster. Jumping Oblique Twist, Pilates Side Plank with Leg Raise, Windshield Wipers, and The Russian Twist are some of the best exercises to get a smaller waist.
Start Your Day with Stretching:
- Sit on the floor with your back straight and legs wide open.
- Keep your arms in a flying position straight at your sides.
- Rotate your shoulders 90 degrees and touch your left foot with your right hand.
- While doing this keep your spine straight.
- Come back to your original position.
- Repeat the exercise with your left hand and your right foot.
- Do at least 30 leans to each side.
Side Bend to Get a Smaller Waist:
- Sit on the floor on one hip and keep your legs slightly bent to the side.
- Reach your arm overhead by lifting your hip away from the floor. You know that it is correct if a lifted arc is created in the torso.
- Lower the side of your calf to the floor and do a mental count of 8.
- Do at least 15 high arc bends on both the sides.
- Lie down on a carpet with your arms on your side.
- Bring your legs closer and lift them towards your head. Make sure while doing this, your legs are straight.
- Do not lift your shoulders, arms or head and make sure that our body and legs make an angle of 45 degrees.
- Lean your squeezed legs to the right until you feel that your oblique muscles are working.
- Now lean your legs towards the left.
- Complete 3 sets on each side. Freeze for 2 minutes while leaning your legs on each side.
- Keep your thighs pressed together and lie down on your stomach.
- Keep your arms straight in a forward direction and point your feet.
- Lift up your chest, head, legs and arms in an upward direction.
- When you are lifting your right arm then lift your left leg and vice versa.
- Do at least 10 sets of air swimming.
3.) Build Your Chest and Shoulders to Get a Smaller Waist:
The best way to get a smaller waist is to make the chest and shoulders bigger. You can give the illusion of a smaller waist by emphasizing on your upper curves. Here are some best exercises to build your chest and shoulders.
- Sit down on your knees and keep a little distance between them.
- Hold your heels with your hands by taking your hands behind you.
- Feel the stretch in your chest and back.
- Stay in this pose for about 30 seconds.
- Sit down on your knees and hands.
- Arch your back as low as you can. This, in turn, will move your chest outward and will stretch your neck backward.
- Hold this pose for about 10 seconds.
Lying Chest Fly:
- Lie down on a stability ball and keep your abs and shoulders tight.
- Hold a dumbbell in your hands and raise them straight above.
- Make a flying motion by spreading your arms.
- Do this at least 15 times.
Standing Chest Stretch:
- Stand with your back straight and abs tight.
- Keep your arms parallel to your head. This can be done by rolling your shoulders back and lifting your arms up. Bend your elbows to keep the arms parallel.
- Open up your chest by pushing your hands back.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds.
4.) Water to Get a Smaller Waist:
Water is necessary for maintaining the overall health of the body. It keeps your skin and hair healthy. Water removes the harmful toxins from the body. It burns more calories by increasing the metabolism. You should drink a glass of hot lemon water twice a day and 5 to 6 glasses of plain water throughout the day. Water reduces bloating and stops you from binging on food every time.
5.) Attire to Make Your Waist Look Small:
This is one of the easiest ways to make your waist look small. You can wear a wide, jeweled waist belt over your dress. This will give you the illusion of hourglass figure which in turn will make your waist look small. Here are some tips to dress up to make your waist look small.
A-line Dresses: This is a good choice as it flares towards the hem and is tight at the hips. This, in turn, gives the illusion of a smaller waist. These dresses, especially emphasize on the waist and are very flattering on every body shape.
High Waisted Jeans: This type of jeans covers all the excess fat around the hips and draws complete attention to the waist. High waisted jeans look more appropriate if worn with a tucked-in shirt. Avoid wearing low-rise jeans as it creates a muffin top effect. It will give you an unflattering look.
Body-Shaping Undergarments: The right garments can help you to get a smaller waist. Almost every lingerie store has a good stock of undergarments that are specially designed to support your figure. You can wear steel boned corsets that can help you to get a smaller waist permanently if you wear it on a regular basis.