Bruises are the spots, which occur when any part or organ of your body gets hit/ hurt hard. They appear in red, black or purplish color and these are the blood vessels under the skin area that get damaged. When suddenly blood starts leaking from the blood vessels in the surrounding tissues, becomes the cause of a bruise. In medical terms bruise is called as a contusion. Bruises take only a few minutes to appear after a hard hit, but marks take the time to fade away. It takes around 12–15 days to fade out completely. Bruises can be painful and you may also feel inflamed. Follow the remedies given in this article to help you get rid of a bruise faster and naturally.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Bruise
1. Ice Therapy to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
The ice pack is the best home remedy to fade out a bruise. Application of ice packs cools down the damaged blood vessels and it also controls the blood leakage.
- Take an ice bag and put place it on the bruise or affected area for 10 – 20 minutes. Beware, do not keep an ice bag more than 20 minutes on the bruise
- If you do not have an ice pack, then the other way to apply the ice pack on bruise is, take a bowl of water and put ice in a bowl and wait for two minutes.
- When the water gets completely cold, take a cotton cloth in ice cold water and soak in ice cold water. Now keep that on the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can also use frozen vegetable to get rid of a bruise. Wrap the frozen vegetables in a soft towel and place it on the bruise overnight.
- You can also use spoons to get rid of bruise takes two steel spoons and for 15 minutes put them in the freezer and later take one spoon and place on the bruise and when coldness of the spoon becomes less, then put that spoon in the freezer again and use the other one. Do this for 15 minutes and not more than 20 minutes.
2. Hot Water to Get Rid of Bruise Faster: –
Heat works nicely on the bruise. This will reduce the blood clot and also slow the process of blood flow in the affected tissue area.
- Take a bottle and fill it with the hot water. Now place the hot water bottle on the affected area.
- The moist heat therapy works better than the dry heat therapy. It spreads quickly and goes deeper. This remedy works immediately.
- If you want, you can simply take a hot bath or you can soak a towel in hot water and place in on the bruise.
3. Chocolate to Treat Bruise Faster: –
Most people like to eat chocolate, but do you ever think that chocolate can treat a bruise too. Yes, chocolate reduces the pain and marks of the bruise instantly and controls the blood flow.
- Melt some chocolate and let it stay until it gets warm to use.
- Then apply the warm melted chocolate on the affected areas and cover it with a bandage. Do not apply chocolate, when it is too hot as it can burn you.
4. Sugar Syrup to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
Sugar syrup stops the spreading of the bruise and releases the blood clot. Follow the steps given below to try this remedy.
- Simply apply a layer of warm sugar syrup on the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can also apply a thick layer of sugar syrup to the affected areas and then keep an ice pack on it.
- The skin will start getting tighten, it means the remedy is working.
5. Turmeric and Tamarind Paste to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
Turmeric has always been the best treatment for any kind of problem, whether it is related to your health or the skin. It reduces the marks of the bruise and it is an antibiotic and an antiseptic remedy.
- Take one teaspoon of tamarind and add 2 pinches of turmeric powder.
- Heat it until it gets warm, then simply apply this paste on the affected area.
- Cover it with a soft cloth and the bruise will disappear sooner.
6. Onion to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
Onion works on the damaged skin cells. If the cause of the bruise is an injury, then you can use this remedy. Onion has the properties of inflammation, which treats the blood clot.
- Take an onion and extract the juice with the help of the juicer.
- Simply apply it to the bruise affected area and allow the skin to absorb the juice.
- The juice will go deeper into the skin and block the blood vessels and treat the bruise faster.
7. Comfrey Leaves to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
It is a perfect herbal solution to treat a bruise. Comfrey leaves are anti-inflammatory, which treats bruises overnight.
- Take some comfrey leaves (either fresh or dried) and boil them with a cup of water for 15 minutes.
- When it is boiled completely, strain the water the water and apply on the affected area.
- This will help treat your bruise overnight.
8. Herbal Tea to Treat a Bruise: –
Herbal tea compress soothes the bruise and controls the blood flow to the bruise affected area. This will give you the quick relief from pain too.
- To make an herbal tea compress, take some chamomile and dried lavender flowers and add some water. Boil it for 15 minutes.
- Now strain the water and soak a soft cotton cloth in it and apply on affected area.
9. Ginger to Get Rid of a Bruise Quickly: –
Ginger has the properties of antibiotic, antiseptic and antioxidant. It gives the quick relief in bruise pain and control the bruise to spread.
- Take a ginger and slice it. Soak the slices in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Now strain the water and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can also massage the affected area with crushed ginger paste.
10. Vitamin C to Get Rid of a Bruise: –
Eat vitamin C-rich food like mango, broccoli, oranges, sweet potato and pepper. This will reduce the inflammation of the skin and treat bruise faster. According to a study, this vitamin is very secure to be used in treatment of photo ageing, hyperpigmentation, tissue inflammation and also for tissue healing
11. Grape Seed to Remove a Bruise: –
Grape seeds will control the flow of the blood and reduce the bruise as well. Apply grape seed juice on the affected area or you can drink grape seed juice twice in a day to remove a bruise sooner.
12. Bandage to Get Rid of Bruise: –
Whenever you see a bruise on your body, take a plastic bandage and wrap up on the bruise. A plastic bandage will block the blood leakage immediately, prevent the spreading of the bruise and also, heal the bruise quickly.
13. Vinegar to Remove Bruise: –
Vinegar can easily drive away the blood clot. Mix some vinegar with warm water and apply this mixture on the bruise. This will treat your blood clot quickly by fading it out.
14. Lemon to Treat a Bruise Instantly: –
To treat your bruise instantly, use lemon. Apply lemon juice on the affected area and massage gently for 5 minutes. Lemon juice remedy could be painful, but this will remove your bruise instantly.
15. Pineapple to Get Rid of Bruise: –
Pineapple reaches to the blood vessels and reduces the bruise and the skin inflammation. It has the enzyme, which is known as bromelain. Bromelain reaches to the damaged area quickly and digests the protein to the affected area. Take 500 mg of bromelain every day to fade out the bruise quickly.
16. Vitamin K to Remove Bruise Quickly: –
Vitamins are good for health as well as Vitamin K has the efficiency to treat the blood clotting and the damaged tissues. Add Vitamin K-rich vegetables in your diet to treat bruise quickly such as broccoli, green leafy vegetables and Brussels sprouts.
Alternatively, you can also use the creams that are rich in vitamin K from the store nearby you and simply apply it on the affected area. Do not rub harshly, simply apply it.
17. Papaya to Treat a Bruise: –
Papaya also has bromelain, which helps get rid of a blood clot. Eat papaya to get rid of a bruise. The papaya will control the blood circulation of the affected area.
18. Elastic Bandage: : –
You can use an elastic bandage to prevent bruise from spreading. Whenever you get a bruise on your body, quickly wrap a plastic bandage to restrain the blood leakage in the tissues. This not only prevents a bruise from spreading but also makes the healing process fast. You can also use a rag to tie around the affected area.
19. St. John’s Wort: –
According to a Pharmacological examination, St. John’s wort is an efficient remedy for the treatment of skin disorders like bruises, sunburns, wounds, abrasions, etc. It is used in a topical lotion in form of tinctures or oils. This herb consists of natural anti-inflammatory properties and it quickly heals the wound.
It also helps reduce pain. Apply St. John’s wort oil on the affected area, or you can boil dried some St. John’s wort in water. Strain the water and drink this solution till the bruises are finally gone.
20. Witch Hazel: –
The active elements found in witch hazel contains astringent properties which prove useful to treat bruises naturally. To try this method, take a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel. Apply this on the bruise for speeding the healing process and relieve the inflammation. You can also apply witch hazel astringent bark tea on your bruises for treating pain and inflammation.
Preventive Tips to Treat Bruises:
- If you are treating bruises on the legs and hands, then treat it from the top. Do not treat it under the affected area.
- Do not move too much after a bruise appears, take rest and do not jump, walk. Otherwise, the bruise will develop more.
- Do not take long to start the treat of the bruise. Start treating it within 24 hours.
- Do not take aspirin as it makes the blood consistency thin.
Treat your bruise by using these simple home remedies and get rid of it faster. Sometimes a bruise may also occur without any fall or injury. This is a matter of worry, so consult a doctor. Leukaemia, anaemia and haemophilia that can also be the causes of a bruise.