Ah, Canker sore. It happens many times when you see amazing spicy dishes, but you have to alter the choice of food because of a canker sore. The canker sore is very painful, highly inflammation and a burning sensation in your mouth. Anyone can get a canker sore. However, it is most common in women than men. Canker sore usually recognized by a yellow- whitish dot which appears in the mouth, tongue, tonsils and underlying tissue of the mouth. A Canker sore is a highly inflammatory condition of mouth. Generally, 20% of the population is suffering from this problem. Don’t worry, this article will share some effective tips to get rid of a canker sore.
Mouth ulcer also is known as Canker sore. A canker sore is an ulcer that usually happens in the mucous membrane of the cavity. It is a very common problem that happens mostly, there is nothing to worry about it. Having canker sore often create pain, discomfort and alter the choice of food that cause a burning and painful sensation. It is more painful if you have a canker sore in your throat because it is very painful every time when you swallow. A canker sore is often girded by the reddish and fresh flesh. If you want to get rid of a canker sore, you should follow these remedies.
Type of Canker Sore and Their Signs:
1. Slight Canker Sore signs
- A common type of canker sore.
- Very painful while eating.
- Small whitish or reddish oval dot.
- Healing takes one-two weeks without leaving scars.
2. Serious Canker Sore Signs
- Extremely painful.
- Less common than minor canker sore.
- Usually, round in borders.
- Deeper and bigger than minor sores.
- Take six weeks of time to cure, can leave the scars on particular areas where occurs.
Causes of a Canker Sore:
- Hormonal changes.
- Weak immune system.
- Oral injury.
- Too much stress.
- Excessive smoking.
- Intake of certain drugs.
- Drinking hot liquid or food which burns the skin.
- Using the wrong oral care products.
- Food allergies.
- Viral infection.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid Of a Canker Sore
1. Chamomile Tea Bags to Cure a Canker Sore
To cure a canker sore, Chamomile tea is very effective as it contains several plants which are very helpful to induce sleep, promotes relaxation and it works in to treat the cramping because it can help relax painful spasm in the digestive system. It has shown to reduce inflammation and anti-septic properties.
Soak the chamomile in water or use chamomile tea bag, and 3-4 if are using dried flowers. After getting absorbed in water place it directly on a canker sore, do this for 5-10 minutes. If you repeat this remedy twice a day, you will have a speedy recovery to cure a canker throat.
2. Swish Sage Heals a Canker Sore
It is mostly used in the culinary world, Swish sage is a herb found in evergreen shrubs, Salvia officinalis, in the mind family. It is also widely used in medicines and home remedies for years. Native American’s use this herb to cleanse the mouth and heal the painful canker sores. You can use this remedy to get rid of a canker throat.
If you are using the dried sage, boil water and let it infuse the water for 10 minutes. Keep a swish water and herb in the mouth for 1 minute before spitting out and rinsing it with cold water. For effective way, you can put a sage leaf in a tight air jar, place it on the cool place allows it to absorb for 24 hours. Keep this liquid in the mouth then spit it, place the pulp directly over the sore for 5 minutes. Rinse it with cold water.
3. Coconut Oil to Get Rid Of a Canker Sore
We all must be aware of the magnificent properties of coconut oil like it is anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and incredibly tasty. Coconut oil is very effective when it comes to curing a canker sore, to get rid of a canker throat use coconut oil. When in doubt! Use coconut oil.
Use a clean cotton ball or cotton pad, take a few amount of coconut oil and place it onto a painful sore. For the effective cure, Use thick layers of coconut oil or you can use 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil with half teaspoon bee wax.
4. Clove Oil Reliefs a Canker Sore
A Clove oil is used also used as a painkiller in many medicines, has been used by many dentists to cure a patient’s pain. Clove oil contains eugenol, a very effective pain killer. It is still used today, although in pure form. But clove oil is very useful in oral pain like a toothache and a canker sore.
Clean your mouth with water or salt water to clean the area of soreness, Mix the clove oil with olive oil and place it onto the affected area for a minute to get rid of a canker sore. Do this remedy 3-4 times per day it will heal your canker sore.
5. Honey Rub to Get Rid of a Canker Sore
Honey not only delicious in taste, but also have miraculous properties. It is anti-fungal, anti-inflammation, antibacterial and anti-fungal. Honey also improves athletic performance and reduce the irritation of the throat. Honey effective in healing the wounds.
Clean your mouth by taking some water and then spit it. After cleaning your mouth with warm water, apply honey directly on the affected area or onto sores. Reapply at least 2-3 times in a day (at least one time at night before going to bed).
6. Eat Yogurt to Cure a Canker Sore
Yogurt is amazing and delicious, it is produced by bacteria fermentation. It has immense benefits. Yogurt is made by using bacteria and yeast to convert the carbohydrates into organic acids. You must have heard the benefits of yogurt like support healthy digestion, low the risk of diabetes, support weight loss and increase fat loss, boost the immune system, reduce high blood pressure. Yogurt also cures a canker sore because it balances the bacteria in the mouth and if there is an imbalance of bacteria in the mouth can cause the canker sore.
Take a plain yogurt not any other flavor like vanilla. Eat at very minimum like 1 tablespoon 3 times daily. You can also take 1 cup of yogurt with honey for the taste and for healing.
7. DIY Numbing Spray for a Canker Sore
Peppermint and eucalyptus oil have some very effective properties to get rid of a canker sore. These both contain anti-inflammatory properties which worked as microbial agents which reduce the chances of infection. Astringents tighten the tissue of the wound which helps in preventing the further swelling and cool the nerve ending that is firing off.
Take some olive or grape seed oil in a bottle. Add some essential oil in the bottle. Put the cap and shake well. Put the cotton ball in the mouth of the bottle and let it infuse, after infusing the little amount of oil put onto sore for pain relief. Shake well before each use.
8. Warm Salt Water to Relief a Canker Sore
Salt warm water is essential to get the grid of a canker sore. The salt content, outside the cells, is greater than the inside, osmosis takes place. When the fluid came out of the cell, it improves the balancing concentration, the water came out which was causing pain and puffiness get diminished. Rubbing salt or gargling with salt water can give you great effects. That’s why salt water heals the pain of a sore throat by reducing the infection in the mucus membrane. The warm salt water gives you soothing relief while the salt helps in cleaning the area.
Mix the salt with the water, stirs it. Swish it around 3-4 times daily which cleans your mouth from the infection. Do this remedy until you get rid of a canker sore.
9. Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Canker Sore
Aloe vera is an efficient natural remedy to treat canker sores. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, healing properties that help relieve the pain and soreness of the canker sore. Aloe Vera also helps speed up the healing process.
- Remove the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Apply this gel directly on the affected area.
- Do this 2-3 times a day to treat canker sore fast.
- Wash your mouth with fresh aloe vera juice for 3-4 times a day.
- You can also consume 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel 2-3 times a day for quick results.
Note: If you do not have an aloe vera plant, you can also get the gel or juice from your nearest market.
10. Baking Soda to Cure Canker Sore
Baking soda is another very powerful ingredient that is used to treat canker sores. It can help counterbalance the acidity and ease the pain and inflammation.
- Add few drops of water to one teaspoon of baking soda and make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the canker sore with the help of your fingers or a cotton ball.
- Keep this solution for 5-7 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can combine two teaspoons of baking soda with a glass of warm water and use this solution to rinse your mouth. Follow this method 4-5 times a day for better results.
Tips to Prevent Canker Sore:
- Try to avoid acidic food while having a canker sore. Acidic food prevents the healing of sore and it can be painful.
- Experiment these remedies in the proper direction and giving quantity to get rid of a canker sore.
- If you are trying these home remedies and still you are not getting relief, then you must consult a doctor it may be another infection, not a canker throat.
- Consume foods and drinks that keep your body cool like cucumber, fruit juices, coconut water yogurt, etc.
- Avoid drinking colas and sodas.
- Avoid acidic and spicy foods that will only raise your pain and discomfort.
- Eat more of yogurt. The good bacteria in yogurt helps treat your mouth ulcers and also prevents them from reoccurring.
- Consume foods that are rich in B vitamins such as whole grains, green vegetables etc.
- Avoid foods that have allergic properties. If you are sensitive towards foods like gluten etc. and then avoid eating them as they trigger the development of ulcers.
- Limit your intake of citrus fruits, dairy products, animal proteins, oily foods, spices, salty foods, and sweets as well as caffeinated drinks.