When unnecessary body fat set down under the jaw part, it causes a double chin. There are numerous ways to get rid of a double chin. Workout and dieting help in losing fat but sometimes this single-handily will not benefit if there are other reasons for a double chin. There are numerous home remedies that will help you to lower your double chin problem. These remedies will not cost you much unlike surgery or liposuction. These will hardly cost you anything and are safe. Moreover, it is free of pain and does not have any other effects.
Causes of Double Chin:
- Weight Gain.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of a Double Chin
1.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Vitamin E is present in green leaves, beans, brown rice, nuts, wheat germ oil, apples; dairy products etc. Vitamin E is very healthy for the skin as it lowers jowls and boosts the flexibility that stops your skin from becoming baggy or loose. Vitamin E is the best solution to your problem of a double chin.
- Put some Vitamin E oil in your palms and massage your hands with it to spread, particularly on your thumbs.
- Next, place your thumbs under your double chin.
- Next, push your thumbs back and again in upward position.
- By doing this, the skin of your chin’s will be pushed back and up around your jaw.
- Apply this rubbing regularly for a few minutes.
- The rubbing of Vitamin E oil will tighten your skin and improve blood circulation of the chin part. It will tone the chin muscles and lower the puffiness.
2.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Cocoa butter is a great source of healthy anti-oxidants. It is an outstanding soothing, hydrating and skin softening stuff. It is full of fatty acids that help hydrate the skin from deep, thus gives more flexibility to it.
- Take two spoons of cocoa butter.
- Apply butter this on your chin.
- Now, rub slowly by rotating your thumbs downward and upward.
- Follow this for a few minutes regularly in the night, before going to sleep.
- Continue this method before taking a bath in the morning too, for best results.
3.) Milk to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Milk that is simply available in our kitchen contains a hefty amount of lactic acid. The other nutrients it contains Vitamin A, D, B6, B12, biotin, protein, calcium, magnesium, selenium, and potassium. Selenium is an anti-aging stuff that helps in removing off free radicals and shields the skin against UV rays. It is helpful in keeping the elasticity and softness of the skin, a method that lowers double chin. Vitamin D and calcium found in milk increase the collagen production that stimulates skin flexibility, making it tight and youthful.
- Take on a spoon of milk in your hands and rub to your chin area.
- The other way of applying is to use the cotton ball.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Then, clean it off with warm water.
- Take two spoons of milk and one spoon of honey.
- Combine them both to make a thick paste and rub on your chin area.
- Rest for half an hour and then wash with lukewarm water.
- Do this process daily.
4.) Watermelon to Get Rid of a Double Chin
The beneficial properties of watermelon improve skin tone and end the ruin of the skin that prevents fat to get accumulated. Watermelon has a number of nutrients. It is an antioxidant with reducing wrinkle properties that fight free toxins. It does not let the skin become dull. This fruit has great moisturizing and astringent properties that help in tightening the skin.
- Slice some watermelon and put it into the grinder to get the juice.
- Add some water if needed.
- Use the cotton ball for applying the juice to your chin.
- Now, rest the juice for half an hour, and then, clean off with water.
- Mix watermelon juice with some apple juice in equal quantity.
- Now, rub this to your chin area.
- Rinse after half an hour.
5.) Eggs to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Eggs are loaded with protein and are one of the best for the overall health of the skin. An egg mask is helpful for lowering a double chin as it has a tendency to tighten the skin. It eliminates the dead skin and stiffens the pores that prevent the skin from getting loose or sagging.
- Take one spoon each of egg white, lemon juice, honey and milk.
- Mix all of them together and beat well.
- Next, mix few drops of mint oil.
- Apply this paste to your double chin area as a mask.
- Leave it for half an hour, till it dries.
- Wash it with lukewarm water and dab your skin dry.
- Continue this process daily to get visible results.
- This paste will not just lower your double chin, but will also increase glow of the skin.
6.) Glycerin to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Glycerin or glycerol is a brilliant skin moisturizing lotion. It also creates a layer of the skin healthy. And this saves the tissues of the skin from dirt, chemicals, infection, and dehydration. Glycerin provides long-lasting soothing effects by stopping your skin from wrinkles. At the same time, it also prevents sagging.
- Take one spoon of glycerin and mix it with half spoon of Epsom salt and few drops of mint oil.
- Steep a cotton ball in this liquid and then rub this liquid to your chin.
- Rest the liquid on your chin for half an hour and clean off with water.
- Follow this a few times in a week.
7.) Chewing Gum to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Apart from hereditary issues and weight gain, occasionally it is weak sagging muscles. The reason of weak sagging muscles is due to less toning. This leads to the problem of a double chin. The workout is the best way to tone your chin muscles.
- Jaw muscles exercise can be done by chewing gum. It is a nice workout.
- Bite chewing gum on a daily basis and you will see your puffy skin becoming tightened and smooth. It will tighten the muscles of your chin, face, and neck.
- Eating chewing gums, three times a day will give you visible results.
- Try to go for sugar-free gums so that you don’t gain weight and you will not have a toothache.
8.) Green Tea to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Green tea comprises of healthy anti-oxidant and many other components that boost your digestion. This leads to burning of more calories. Therefore, it is better to drink green tea daily than caffeinated drinks.
- Green tea contains a good amount of amino acids which has a soothing effect.
- Begin your day with green tea, and have a few cups all through the day.
- Adding green tea to your daily diet will help in lowering your fat and your double chin too.
9.) Jaw Release Exercise to Get Rid of a Double Chin
- Do this jaw exercise in a standing position or by sitting.
- Straighten your spine.
- Move your jaws up and down like you are chewing, by closing your mouth. Take a deep breath through your nose and then slowly breathe out.
- Once you are done with exhaling, widen your mouth as wide you can.
- Next, with the top of your tongue, try to feel your back teeth.
- Be in this position by breathing in and breathing out with an “ahhhhh” noise.
- The entire step should take a few minutes that completes one set.
- Try to do three sets in a day.
- This method is very useful in lowering your fat near your jaw area.
10.) Neck Movement to Get Rid of a Double Chin
- Be in a position with your spine straight.
- Next, bend your head to one side in order to make your chin parallel to your shoulder.
- Slowly move your head downside and upward position in clockwise and anticlockwise manner.
- Perform the moving of your neck gently so that you may not get strains.
- Follow this a few times daily.
- By going through this exercise daily, you will see a vast change in your chin. Slowly, your chin will start to reduce fat.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of a Double Chin:
- Always have a right posture while sitting, walking, standing, or bending.
- Sleep with a skinny pillow as it will evade widening of your skin that happens because of high pillows.
- Always smear a lotion or oil on your neck area in order to stay hydrated.
- Beverage at least ten glasses of water every day.
- Raise the intake of fruits like watermelon, cucumber, bottle gourd, and lettuce. This will help in enhancing your metabolism and lowering your weight.
- Decrease your weight by doing some workouts at home or by going to the gym or swimming.