Toothaches can differ from person to person, from mild to an unbearable pain in your teeth or around your jaws and ears. Some of the main causes of the pain in the tooth are cavities, gum disease, an exposed tooth root, a cracked tooth, an infection, a jaw joint disorder. When the most sensitive part of the teeth called pulp becomes inflamed, then you might suffer from a toothache. One can suffer from a toothache for several reasons like cavities and an infection of the gums. Read this article to get rid of a toothache.
Causes of a Toothache:
- Infected gums.
- Abscessed tooth.
- Tooth fracture.
- Tooth decay.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Wisdom tooth.
- Tight dental braces.
- Swelling in the dental pulp.
- A damaged filling.
- Breakdown of tooth enamel.
Symptoms of a Toothache:
- Swelling around the tooth.
- A headache or fever.
- Throbbing and sharp pain in the tooth.
- Stinking drainage from the infected tooth.
Tips to Get Rid of a Toothache at Home
1. Turmeric to Cure Toothache
Turmeric is known for its pain relieving properties. This useful herb contains the anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties which are very effective to get rid of a toothache.
- Turmeric powder
- Asafetida powder
- Mix turmeric and asafetida powder in the same amount.
- Make a dough by adding water to this mixture.
- Make tiny balls with this dough.
- Place these balls on the affected area for immediate relief from a toothache.
- Try it every day until the pain is gone.
2. Clove to Get Rid of a Toothache
Clove is the most famous and effective remedy to get rid of a toothache. It contains eugenol and phenylpropene which makes cloves best to cure a toothache effectively. It also has the antibacterial, anesthetic, and anti-inflammatory properties which make is useful for every dental problem and cold diseases.
- Make a fine powder of 5 cloves.
- Dilute it in hot water and gargle with this water.
- You can also utilize clove oil.
- Dip a small cotton ball in clove oil and apply it to the affected area.
- It provides the instant relief from a toothache and also prevents gum infections.
3. Pepper and Salt to Get Rid of a Toothache
Pepper and salt are very effective to get rid of a toothache. Both are antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic in nature which tends to give quick relief in a severe toothache.
- Mix pepper and salt in same amount.
- Add a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave for a few minutes.
- Try this remedy until the pain is not cured.
4. Onion to Get Rid of a Toothache
Onion is filled with the anti-bacterial properties. It contains the highest amount of sodium, vitamin E and B12 it help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection.
- Chew a raw onion for a few minutes
- Let the juice get absorbed by the affected teeth to get rid of a toothache.
- Place a piece of onion directly on the affected tooth or gum.
5. Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of a Toothache
Hydrogen peroxide 3% is used to cure all gum related problem and the toothache is one of them. It works as an antibiotic and kills the infection. When hydrogen peroxide is used as the mouthwash to treat a toothache, it reacts with the organic material present in the tooth and splits into water and oxygen, which relieves the pain.
- Take a small amount of hydrogen peroxide 3%.
- Swish this around the gums and teeth for 3-5 minutes.
- Spit it and wash your mouth with clean water.
6. Ice Cube to Get Rid of a Toothache
Ice can give a quick relief from a toothache. It makes the affected area numb, thus decreases a toothache. Don’t use an ice cube directly on the affected area as it can increase the pain. So cover the ice with a cotton cloth and then apply to get rid of a toothache.
7. Garlic to Get Rid of a Toothache
Garlic helps to get rid of a toothache. Filled the antibacterial properties it helps in curing almost every disease. It contains the allicin component which makes it very effective to cure a toothache and other diseases. Garlic is also very useful to treat oral infections.
- Common salt or black salt
- Crush a garlic and mix little salt to it.
- Apply it on the affected tooth.
- You can also chew the garlic cloves directly and let the juice absorbed by the teeth.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Toothache
Being anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, apple cider vinegar is very helpful to get rid of a toothache. It kills the bacteria with its acidic nature.
- Take a small amount of apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball.
- Apply this on the affected teeth for some time. It will help to ease the pain.
9. Guava leaves to Get Rid of a Toothache
Guava leaves help heal a toothache very effectively. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it kills the bacteria causing toothache.
- Chew few leaves of guava daily to get rid of a toothache and its symptoms completely.
- Boil 5-6 leaves of guava in a cup of water.
- Boil it for a few minutes and add a pinch of salt in it.
- Gargle with this water to get rid of a toothache.
10. Vanilla Extract to Cure Toothache
Vanilla extract contains eugenol, which is filled with the powerful antiseptic and analgesic properties. Using vanilla extract to get rid of a toothache, is one of the quickest and effective remedies.
- Take a small amount of vanilla extract on your finger.
- Rub this on the affected area for a few minutes.
11. Myrrh to Get Rid of a Toothache
It kills the bacterias and reduces the inflammation caused a toothache. This is one of the effective remedies to cure a toothache.
- Boil one tablespoon of myrrh powder in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Strain it and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Mix one spoon of this solution in one cup of water.
- Swish it in the mouth 5 to 6 times a day.
12. Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Toothache
Due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, tea tree oil is used to cure a toothache. It calms nerves and helps to reduce the swelling. It penetrates into the roots and element the pain.
- Apply tea tree oil with the help of cotton on the affected area.
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil in a glass of water.
- Gargle with this water to get rid of a toothache.
13. Cayenne Pepper to Cure Toothache
It contains the component called capsaicin, which is a natural pain reliever. It helps to get rid of a toothache effectively.
- Crush 2-3 cayenne pepper and make a paste with a few drops of water.
- Apply this paste directly on the tooth.
14. Lemon to Get Rid of a Toothache
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, lemon relieves a toothache.
- Apply fresh lemon juice to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
15. Avocado to Cure Toothache
Avocado seeds have the anti-inflammatory properties, which prevents a toothache. This is one of the best home remedies to cure a toothache.
- Toast an avocado seed.
- Blend it to make a powder.
- Apply this to the affected area and cover it with the help of cotton to get rid of a toothache.