This article is about various natural remedies that will help you to get rid of acne overnight. But before we discuss a few natural ingredients, it is important to understand the physiology behind your acne prone skin. Later you can read articles on how to get rid of blackheads?, how to get rid of whiteheads?, and how to get rid of pimples fast?. Being presentable is the latest kick and so is looking beautiful and hot, but the weather doesn’t support as humidity in summers makes the skin oily, leading to clogged pores and acne. Also, oily skin easily catches pollution, which tends to develop bacteria and this is the reason of pimples and some sore ones even leave marks behind.
What is a Pimple?
A pimple is a small papule that depicts little skin injuries or aggravations. These aggravations are sebaceous organs contaminated with microbes and bacteria that cause infection. They often leave nasty zits or marks on your skin after healing.
These aggravations occur when the sebaceous glands in the hair follicle are infected with the bacteria. They tend to swell due to infection and are filled with clear or yellow fluid. This fluid comes out as a discharge when a pimple accidentally pops.
Also referred as closed comedo, they seem small and develop under the epidermal layer of your skin. Only the fluid filled top is visible on the surface of the skin. These tops are known as Papules.
Popularly known as open comedo, these are plainly noticeable on the surface of the skin. Some people try to clear the countenances overwhelmingly, but do not understand that this can disturb your skin and result in enlarged open pores.
This acne condition appears small, strong adjusted knocks that are often pink in color.
These pimples are loaded with discharge and are plainly obvious to occur on the surface of your skin. The surface of the pustules is filled with pus like clear fluid.
These pimples are morphologically similar to papules, but slightly bigger than them.
These pimples are loaded with pus and are typically agonizing. They are popular to leave scars on the skin’s surface after they heal.
Causes of Acne:
- Hormonal changes
- Sensitive to testosterone
- Oily food
- Certain Medications
- High glycemic foods and dairy products
- Dead skin buildup
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Overnight
1.) Cold Compress for Acne
The coolness of ice helps to ease the irritated skin and reduce the swelling quickly. They help the oil glands to contract and push out the excessive oil and bacteria from the follicle. Thus helping to ease and get rid of acne overnight.
- Take a 3 to 4 ice cubes and tie them on a clean, soft cloth.
- Now, dab it on the acne prone area for a few minutes.
- Repeat the remedy as many times as possible in a day to get rid of acne and swelling overnight.
2.) Honey to Get Rid of Acne
Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the swelling and irritation caused due to acne. It helps to kill the bacteria and fight the infection thus, speeding up the healing process.
- Soak a cotton swab in raw organic honey and dab it on the affected area.
- Let it work for at least 30 minutes.
- Then rinse it with warm water.
- You can also leave it overnight if possible.
- This will double its effect to fight infection.
3.) Lemon for Acne Prone Skin
Vitamin C is an excellent natural remedy that helps to get rid of acne overnight and the nasty marks that are difficult to remove off the skin. The antibacterial properties of vitamin C help to fight infection and kill the bacteria. It acts as a natural germicide for your skin. The astringent properties of vitamin C help to get rid of excessive oil production and prevent further breakouts.
- Soak a cotton swab in lemon juice and apply on the affected area.
- Leave it to work overnight and kill the bacteria causing infection.
- For more tenacious pimples, prepare a paste of lemon juice and cinnamon powder.
- Apply it on the pimples directly and leave it overnight.
- Wash off the next morning.This will help to heal and get rid of acne overnight.
Note- Do not use this remedy for sensitive skin, or opt for a patch test before application.
4.) Toothpaste is an Overnight Remedy
The menthol present in toothpaste help to reduce the inflammation and swelling caused due to infection and get rid of acne overnight. This makes it an excellent remedy for pimples.
- Just take an ample amount of toothpaste to cover your pimple.
- Leave it overnight to work.
- A minimum time of 30 minutes is required for the menthol to work on the infection.
- Repeat the remedy to get rid of acne overnight.
5.) Steam for Clogged Pores
Hot steam helps to drain out the pus from a pimple, also reduce swelling and inflammation. It is also an excellent remedy for clogged pores. The pores are enlarged in size due to steam and the dirt containing the bacteria is easily flushed out of them. This reduces the swelling and helps to get rid of acne overnight.
- Boil water in a pot.
- Remove from heat and lean your face over it.
- Ensure the distance is enough to refrain yourself from any burns.
- Cover your head with a towel, making sure it drapes around the pot as well.
- This will not let the steam escape.
- Take the steam for 10 minutes or until when the water is hot enough.
- This will help to get rid of acne overnight effectively.
- After 30 minutes of taking the steam, moisturize your face properly.
- Repeat the remedy to get rid of acne and prevent the breakouts in the future.
6.) Tea Tree Oil and Acne
Tea tree oil is an excellent remedy for various skin problems. It has many antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria and fight infection. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce the redness and irritation caused due to infection. It also soothes the swelling. Tea tree oil helps to dry out the inflamed skin and get rid of acne overnight.
- Soak a cotton swab in diluted tea tree oil and directly apply on the affected area.
- Leave it to work for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off the excess oil.
- Alternatively, you can also mix a tablespoon of tea tree oil in a few drops of aloe vera gel.
- Soak a cotton swab in it and apply on the acne prone skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, then wash off.
- Repeat the remedy as required.
7.) Garlic Cloves for Acne
Garlic is known to have many medicinal properties that help to fight infection and kill the bacteria. It has solid antibacterial properties that help to fight the bacteria causing infection and get rid of acne overnight. Ayurvedic healers swear by the effectiveness of garlic on acne prone skin. This is because of the high amounts of sulfur content in garlic that helps to treat pimples.
- Peel and fresh garlic clove and cut into two halves.
- Rub it on the affected area and leave the residue for 5 minutes.
- After this, rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the remedy as required or until the pimples dry out.
Note- Eating garlic clove regularly will help to purify blood and prevent breakouts.
8.) Sandalwood to Treat Acne
Sandalwood helps to dry out the acne, also soothe the irritation and inflammation caused due to infection. It acts as a coolant for the inflamed skin, thus helping to reduce swelling and get rid of acne overnight. As by reducing the swelling, it helps to make a pimple appear smaller in size. It also depends on the severity of the infection.
- Take 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and a teaspoon of turmeric, mix a few drops of rose-water to form a paste.
- Add a pinch of camphor to this paste and 2-3 drops of sandalwood oil (optional).
- Apply this paste to your face or the affected area.
- Leave it till completely dried and wash off while gently scrubbing.
- This will help to get rid of acne overnight by reducing the inflammation and swelling.
- Follow this regularly for a week and you will see the scars diminishing.
- Sandalwood oil massage will also help in removing dead skin cells, making the skin and soft, glowing and healthy clear skin.
9.) Lilac to Treat Acne
Lilac has many medicinal properties and has been used since the Vedic period, both internally and externally to cure many diseases, skin ailments etc. It is said to have nutrients that can aid skin irritations, acne, tan, redness, infections, itchy skin etc. Even the American scientists have now started researching on Lilac. It is also used in many medicines, soaps, lotions, body wash, etc. and purifies the blood, thus curing diseases. Lilac helps to get rid of acne overnight. Its effects depend on upon the severity of your infection and swelling.
- Lilac leaves can be boiled and blend into a thick paste.
- Apply on the affected area and leave it to dry.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Alternatively, you can also mix a tablespoon of Sandalwood powder, a tablespoon of Fuller Earth’s Clay together.
- Add Tomato pulp and Mint juice to the mixture in equal quantities.
- This will form a thick paste.
- Apply it to the affected area and let it dry.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get rid of acne scars and also prevent further breakouts.
10.) Papaya to Treat Pimples Overnight
Papaya has many essential properties that make it an excellent remedy for your skin. It soothes inflammation and reduces swelling quickly, thus help to get rid of acne overnight. It also helps to lighten the nasty scars.
- Cut a few fresh papaya chunks and blend them to form a thick paste.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes or until dry.
- Then wash off with plain water.
- Alternatively, you can also add a bit of nectar to the papaya paste and apply to the affected area.
- This will soothe irritation and also help to get rid of acne overnight.
11.) Baking Soda to Cure Pimples:
This regular kitchen ingredient has a powerful effect on the pimple. It peels the skin and brings out the abundance oil and dead skin cells. It is a great exfoliater that removes the dirt and oil.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Wash the affected area with water and pat dry.
- Apply this prepared mixture on the acne prone area.
- Wash the area with warm water after 5 minutes.
- Do this 2 times a day for favorable results.
12.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Acne:
The richness of potassium and vitamins present in cucumber has a cooling effect on the skin. The supplements vitamin A, potassium and chlorophyll present in cucumber are very beneficial during the skin break out. It eases down the pain and reduces inflammation.
- Cut thick slices of a cucumber and soak them in water for 50 to 60 minutes.
- The supplements present in cucumber will get transferred into water.
- Wash your face with water.
- You can even drink this water.
All the natural remedies mentioned above are proven to get rid of acne and nasty scars easily. But, as they are pure and natural, without any added chemicals, so it will take the time to work up and give the desired results. Though, many of the remedies are proven to treat acne overnight by, reducing the swelling and easing inflammation. But, all this also depends on the severity of your case.
Nothing acts like a magic wand and every treatment takes its time, especially when it is about the skin. So all you need to do is stay calm and have patience. You can always go for various OTC treatments available at the skin specialists and dermatologists. But, remember that they may cause harms or can even result in side effects to a few of you, as every skin is not the same. This is why we only refer to natural remedies to treat your skin problems.