Ingrown hairs are simply known as razor bumps. These razor bumps are hairs that are curled and grown back into the skin rather than rising up from there. The ingrown hairs are raised, red bumps which appear like little pimples. Many times, pus can be formed inside. They also cause redness, inflammation, irritation and pain in the area of razor bump. Don’t worry, in this article, we bring you some effective ways to get rid of an ingrown hair.
Tips to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
1.) Milk and Old Bread to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Milk and bread are very useful to get rid of ingrown hair.
- Take some warm milk and dip.
- Apply the bread on the affected area and keep it and let it sit for around 2 minutes.
- Repeat this trick again for another 10 minutes.
- If the pore is then open use a sterilized needle and loop it out.
2.) Salt to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Use common salt to get rid of an ingrown hair. Salt increases the blood circulation to cure the ingrown hair and helps to exfoliate the skin.
- Mix 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1 cup of warm water.
- Take a cotton ball and dip into the salt solution.
- Dab the cotton on the affected area and don’t wipe it off.
- Best time to use this method is before sleeping. So salt can do his work overnight by exfoliating and cleansing the skin. Repeat this remedy until you get rid of an ingrown hair.
- You can also use Epsom salt for this treatment.
- Add a little Epsom salt to the bath water.
- Smoothly exfoliate the skin with a washcloth or loofah.
- Apply moisturizer after pet dries your skin. You can also use aloe vera gel.
- Repeat this daily until the head of the ingrown hair appears.
3.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Nothing in this world can beat the soothing effects and anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda. It is the effective remedy to get rid of an ingrown hair. It also reduces the itching and the redness by acting as a natural exfoliator.
- Make a concentrated paste of baking soda and water.
- Apply this solution on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with the warm water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for a week or until you get rid of an ingrown hair.
4.) A Pinch of Tea Tree Oil
Due to antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil helps to cure ingrown hair and try to prevent the infection.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil with the help of cotton ball.
- Regular use of tea tree oil will enable the hair to come out from the skin and also helps to get rid of the ingrown hair for the next time.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil with 3 tbsp of tea tree oil.
- Mix it well and gently massage it on the affected area.
- Let it penetrate into the skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Now rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method twice or thrice a day for a few days to get rid of an ingrown hair.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Apple cider vinegar works like magic to get rid of an ingrown hair.
- Take a cotton pad and dip into the apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on the affected area and let ACV do its work.
6.) Yogurt to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Yogurt also works well to take off an ingrown hair very effectively.
- Add one tablespoon of honey in 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the ingrown hair.
- Let the yogurt work for 15 minutes.
- After that wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy at least 3 to 4 times a day to get rid of an ingrown hair effectively.
7.) Sugar Scrub to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Sugar scrub is considered as a natural exfoliator, which helps to bring out the ingrown hair by removing the dead skin cells.
- Mix a little amount of extra virgin olive oil or jojoba oil and a few drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil with some white sugar.
- Apply this sugar scrub on the affected area and rub in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
- Let the sugar work for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy daily to get rid of an ingrown hair.
8.) Aspirin to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Aspirin also treats pain and redness caused by the ingrown hair. it helps to loosen the ingrown hair with the help of salicylic acid present in it.
- To get rid of an ingrown hair, crush and dissolve 2 aspirins in a little amount of water.
- Also, add some honey to the paste.
- Mix it well to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Leave the paste for 10 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- Apply this method twice a week until an ingrown hair gets cured.
9.) Cucumber to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Cucumber also helps to get rid of an ingrown hair. It contains lots of water, which help to cure pain, skin irritation, redness, and swelling.
- Keep the cucumber in the freezer for half an hour and cut into fine slices.
- Put those slices into the ingrown hair.
- This simple remedy should be done until the ingrown hair gets cured.
- Make a puree of cucumber.
- Add some milk to the puree.
- Keep in the freezer for some time or until it gets chilled.
- Apply this on the affected area with the help of cotton.
- Wash it after 15 minutes and pat dry.
10.) Honey to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Honey helps to get rid of an ingrown hair by moisturizing the skin. It acts a good antiseptic and helps to reduce the inflammation and swelling.
- Apply honey directly to the affected area.
- Let the honey work for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water,
- Apply honey 2-3 times a day.
11.) Potato Peel to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Potato peel works very effectively to cure ingrown hair. Apply the inner side of the potato peel on the affected area. As potato contains antioxidant properties, which are good to take the ingrown hair out.
- Take a potato and peel it off.
- Put the inner side of the peel on the affected area for 24 hours.
- Secure the peel with a bandage.
- Or you can use boiled potato peel to get rid of an ingrown hair.
12.) Black Tea Bags to Cure an Ingrown Hair
Black tea bags are useful to get rid of an ingrown hair. The tannic acid present in black tea helps to cure inflammation, redness, and itching. It is also good for the skin.
- Take a tea bag and wet it with water.
- Keep rubbing this on the affected area.
- Steep a black tea bag in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Take the mixture in a cup and add coconut oil to it.
- Apply this mixture with the help of a cotton ball.
- Then cover the area with the cotton ball.
- Repeat this for at least a week to cure the ingrown hair.
13.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of an Ingrown Hair
Warm compress is also very effective for blisters, acne as well for ingrown hair.
- Take a small towel and soak in the hot water.
- Squeeze the excess water.
- Place the towel on the affected area.
- Repeat this 4-5 times a day until you get rid of an ingrown hair.
14.) Castor Oil to Treat an Ingrown Hair
Castor Oil is also an effective method to treat ingrown hair at home. It consists of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help recover the ingrown hair fast.
- Take one teaspoon of Castor oil and mix half teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes then wash it off with normal water.
- Follow this remedy 3-4 times a day to get rid of an ingrown hair fast.
15.) Use Tweezers to Treat Ingrown Hair
Tweezer can also be used to treat an ingrown hair.
- Take a sterilized tweezers.
- Warm the tweezers before applying.
- Apply this as a warm compress on the closed hair and gently pull this out.