Bad breath, is humiliating and can affect your confidence level. It is also known as halitosis. Halitosis can be due to a number of reasons such as eating foul-smelling foods, dry mouth, sinus conditions, smoking, medical conditions, and gum disease. However, the key cause of bad breath is the bacteria which build up on the back of the tongue or between teeth. Keeping good oral health is crucial for managing bad breath. This comprises of regular tooth brushing, tongue scraping, and flossing. With the help of this article, you will be able to get rid of bad breath fast.
Causes of Bad Breath:
- Oral ulcers & Oral infections.
- Dental decay that causes food stagnation in the mouth.
- Plastic false teeth in a condition when you don’t clean them.
- Stress or anxiety.
- Alcoholism & Smoking.
- Menstrual cycle (during the middle of the cycle).
- Medications cause dry mouth and cause bad odor.
- Nose and throat infections.
- Acidity that causes belching.
- Eating food with a strong smell, such as garlic and onions.
Symptoms of Bad Breath:
- Red swollen gums that bleed easily.
- Stains on teeth.
- Plaque on teeth.
- A sore throat, and stuffy nose.
- White, Dry tongue and Dry mouth.
- Turning off the smell from mouth.
- Smell while you burp.
Tips to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Bad breath can be a really bad for the person standing next to you or talking to you. The main areas from where bad odor occurs are the mouth, stomach, nose, tonsils, and esophagus. Bad breath is also considered as a sign of poor health condition. The odor will be removed completely only when such foods are passed out of your body.
1. Consume Raw Crunchy Fruits to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Raw crunchy foods clean the teeth and control mouth odor. Eating food like apples contains pectin, which helps control odors and aids saliva production and cinnamon are antimicrobial. Yogurt help reduces odor-causing bacteria in the mouth.
- Apple chunks- 1 cup
- Grated carrot- 1 cup
- Diced celery- 1 cup
- Dried cranberries- 1/2 cup
- Crushed walnuts- 1/2 cup
- Plain yogurt- 3 to 5 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder
- Mix the apple, celery, carrot, cranberries, and walnuts altogether in a bowl.
- Add yogurt by the tablespoon to dampen the mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Brush to Get Rid of Halitosis
Brush at least two times every day. Three places are most important to be brushed properly, which are the tongue, the teeth, and the palate. While brushing, also take great care to clean the gums. Also, brush your tongue as well as along with the teeth after every meal can prevent halitosis. Use a proper toothbrush and follow correct brushing technique. A tongue cleaner must be used for cleaning the tongue.
3. Rinse Mouth Every Time You Eat
Brushing your teeth during after each meal is not possible. The best thing you can do to avoid bad breath is to rinse your mouth properly whenever you eat. When you eat something, food debris gets deposited in your mouth and bacteria begin to collect in the mouth and give off the foul mouth odor. Proper rinsing washes away most of the food debris and reduces the feeding ground for bacteria.
4. Use Mouthwash to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Add mouthwash to your everyday mouthwash routine to get rid of bad breath. Use a good mouthwash each time after brushing and flossing, using that will reduce the acidity in the mouth and works as an antibacterial to reduce bad breath effectively. Even if mouthwash is used to rinse the mouth after every meal, it works as well as water does in washing away food debris and odor causing bacteria.
5. Green Tea or Black Tea
Green tea is a one of the powerful antioxidant that works to flush out toxins out of your body. Drinking a cup of green tea can help you get rid of bad breath and makes you feel energized and refreshed all the day long. Green tea and black tea have some components that fight against bacteria that create a bad odor in the mouth.
6. Cloves to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Cloves have antibacterial properties which help freshen your breath and also are very helpful in getting rid of bad breath. The easiest way to use clove is to put a few pieces of cloves into your mouth and chew them thoroughly. This will help in eliminating bad breath in a few minutes.
It can also be taken by making clove tea. Boil a cup of water and add one teaspoon of finely ground cloves and allow it to boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Drink the tea or use it as a mouthwash twice a day.
7. Baking Soda to Avoid Bad Breath
Baking soda is beneficial in changing the acidic levels of mouth. Because of this property, it creates unfriendly conditions for bacteria to grow within the mouth. Like this, it prevents bad breath. Put some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush all over your teeth or you can also get a toothbrush that contains baking soda as one of the compositions.
8. Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Tea tree oil has been known to treat multiple skin and hair problems, but very few people know about its other benefits. Put a few drops of tea tree oil in a glass of water. Use the solution as a mouthwash and it will effectively remove existing bacteria from the mouth, make you feel refreshed. You can use it twice to thrice a day.
9. Parsley to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Not only for better digestion, parsley is also an effective remedy for bad breath. Chew few fresh leaves of parsley directly or add them as a garnishing to your meal. Being rich in chlorophyll, parsley acts as an anti-bacterial and helps in getting rid of bad breath from the mouth and throat caused by bacterias. Chlorophyll is a very gentle and mild antiseptic which is present largely in parsley. Chew parsley leaves to neutralize bad breath. You can also swallow parsley leaves. Doing so will improve your digestion and in turn, parsley leaves will reduce the enteric gas, which will also go on long way to prevent halitosis.
10. Guava and Guava Leave for Fresh Breath
Guava is a magical fruit for those who are suffering from halitosis. Rich with vitamin C, Malic acid, Tannic acid, and Oxalate, it is an effective and best remedy for bleeding, bad breath, diseased gums and sensitive teeth. Consume this wonder fruit daily to improve your overall oral health.
11. Common Salt to Cure Halitosis
Salt is the most remarkable antibacterial component. To cure bad breath, make a habit of washing or gargling with a lukewarm saline solution at least once a day. It has natural antibacterial properties that fight with oral bacteria and remove mouth odor effectively.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Bad Breath
If commercial mouthwashes don’t appear to solve your bad breath issue, try apple cider vinegar
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cool water.
- Use this solution as a mouthwash and gargle solution.
- Using this for about 3-5 minutes twice a day will eliminate bad breath completely. Filled with antibacterial properties, apple cider vinegar helps in reducing halitosis.
13. Chew Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Alongside relieving heartburn and indigestion, mint leaves may fight with the bacteria in your mouth that cause bad breath. Mint contains chlorophyll, and chewing the leaves may help sweep the odor-causing bacteria from the mouth. Bonus point of eating mint is that it will leave its signature minty-fresh taste behind.
14. Gargle with Lemon to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Gargle regularly with lemon water. Lemon has few properties which can fight with bad bacteria and help you to get rid of bad breath.
- Squeeze a lemon in a glass of water.
- Gargle with this lemon water frequently. This is an effective home remedy for getting rid of Halitosis.
15. Drink Fenugreek Seed to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Fenugreek seed tea is well-liked home remedies for bad breath. A tea made up of the fenugreek seeds can be consumed to fight bad breath.
- Add one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a half liter of cold water.
- Allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Strain and consume as tea.