Are you fed up of Blackheads and want to get rid of them. We have the best solutions to get rid of blackheads on nose. But, let’s first learn about Blackheads and its causes. Blackheads appear like small, black bumps on the surface of your skin. They tend to develop when the hair follicles are clogged due to dirt particles or debris. The black outer surface of the blackheads is not because of the dirt but, because of the oxidation. This process takes place when the clogged follicles are exposed to air. They usually appear on the face and nose and can be easily treated through a variety of natural home remedies.
Causes of Blackheads on Nose
Excessive oil production on the skin is one of the major causes of blackheads. This oil mixed with dead cells on the skin clogs the hair follicles, thus resulting in a swollen bump. When the skin over this bump comes in direct contact with air and dirt, it turns the surface brown or black. This is called a blackhead. There are some of the common factors causing blackheads that include:
- Oily skin.
- Irritation in hair follicles.
- Irregular scrubbing of skin.
- Hormonal changes.
- Propionic bacteria.
- Certain medications and drugs.
- Birth control pills.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
1.) Sugar Scrub for Blackheads
Sugar acts as an exfoliator for your skin, by gently scrubbing and sloughing away the debris that causes clogged pores. It is an excellent homemade scrub to get rid of blackheads on nose effectively.
- Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You can also add a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well and then apply a thick layer on your nose.
- It can also be applied on the face.
- Gently scrub with soft hands for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for effective results.
2.) Baking Soda for Blackheads on Nose
Due to its abrasive properties, baking soda is an excellent remedy to get rid of blackheads on nose. It also helps to prevent Whitehead. Baking soda also helps to revive the circulation of the skin, thus giving it a natural glow.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a tablespoon of lemon juice to prepare a solution.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of raw milk and mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this prepared solution on your face.
- Let it work for 5-6 minutes, then rinse it off by gently massaging the area.
- This will help to remove the dead skin and unclog the pores easily.
- Repeat the remedy every week to get effective results.
NOTE- Do not overdo the use of baking soda. It can dry out your skin causing damage.
3.) Oatmeal Scrub to Remove Blackheads on Nose
Oatmeal is an excellent remedy to get rid of blackheads on nose. This is because oatmeal acts as a natural absorbent that helps to remove excess oil from the face, thus preventing blackheads. It also exfoliates the skin to remove the dead skin cells that clog the pores.
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal powder and add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Also, add a 1/4th tablespoon of turmeric powder to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the face and gently scrub for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the remedy thrice a week to get rid of blackheads on nose.
NOTE- You can also use yogurt in place of lemon juice if it irritates your skin .
4.) Salty Blackheads Removal Scrub
Salt helps to remove dead cells by gently exfoliating the skin. It also eliminates excess oil from the face, eventually preventing blackheads.
- Mix a tablespoon of sea salt in a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Now, add a teaspoon of distilled water to form a solution.
- Apply this scrub to the affected area and gently massage for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of blackheads on nose.
5.) Cinnamon Scrub for Blackheads
Cinnamon helps to exfoliate the skin by removing the debris and excess oil. This helps to get rid blackheads on nose quickly and effectively.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to form a paste.
- Apply it to the affected area and let it work for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove it by gently scrubbing in circular motions.
- This can cause a slight burning sensation as cinnamon is spicy.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to get effective results.
NOTE- Do not overuse cinnamon powder in the case of severely can prone skin.
6.) Clay Mask for Blackheads
Bentonite Clay is rich in minerals, which makes it an excellent remedy to get rid of blackheads on nose. It is also being used for centuries to cure many skin related issues.
- Mix water or Apple Cider Vinegar to bentonite clay and form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area ensuring full coverage.
- Leave it to work for 20 minutes or until it is dry.
- Now, rinse the face with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer to the skin, this will avoid dryness.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get effective results.
7.) Egg Whites for Blackheads
Egg whites are an excellent remedy to get rid of blackheads on nose and shrink the open pores. This is because they are rich nutrients that help to stimulate the circulation of the facial skin and tightens the skin, thus preventing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Take the egg white of an egg and apply a thin layer on your face.
- Let it dry, then spread the second layer of egg white.
- After during apply the third layer.
- Make sure that each layer is completely dry while applying the next layer.
- Allow the third and the final layer to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Your face will feel tight; this is a good sign of effectiveness.
- Now, soak a washcloth in warm water and gently remove the mask while scrubbing.
- Pat dry the face and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat the remedy thrice a week to get effective results.
8.) Homemade Nose Strips for Blackheads
Nose Strips are used to stick to the skin and pull out the pore plugs formed of sebum and debris. This removes the infection and dirt, thus helping to clear out the clogged pores and get rid of blackheads on nose easily. These pores only remove the blackheads and not prevent their occurrence. They are only a temporary solution.
- Mix raw honey in milk and warm the mixture for 10 seconds.
- Stir it well to make sure all the ingredients are blended together.
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture over your nose.
- Make sure the mixture is not too hot that it burns your skin.
- Lay a cotton strip over the applied mixture and give a gentle pat.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then carefully peel off the strip.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Use it twice a week to get effective results.
9.) Natural Face Toner
Toner is a great remedy to remove dead skin cells and dirt from your face. This helps to reduce inflammation, redness and swelling caused due to clogged pores. Using an ingredient that gives a cooling effect to the skin is more effective to treat the cause.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ACV and 3 tablespoons of freshly crushed mint leaves.
- Let it sit for a week in a dark place.
- Now strain the mixture and add a cup of water to it.
- Apply it to your face regularly before going to bed.
- Do not rinse the face and let the toner work on the skin.
- This will help you to get rid of blackheads easily.
- You can also store the prepared toner in the refrigerator for a week.
10.) Lemons to Get Rid of Blackheads Overnight
Lemon juice has many natural astringent properties that help to get rid of blackheads on nose and also shrink the pores to avoid any recurrence in future.
- Clean your face and then pat dry.
- Squeeze a whole lemon and soak a cotton ball in the juice.
- Dab it on the affected area before going to sleep.
- Let it work overnight and rinse the next morning.
- Moisturize your face properly after rinse.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get effective results.
- Lemon makes the skin sensitive to the sun, so never apply the juice and go out in the sun immediately.
- Also, load your skin with an effective sunscreen lotion while using lemon for the skin.
- Lemon is not a great remedy for every skin type so always do a patch test before application.