After writing about how to get rid of hair bumps?, how to get rid of canker sore?, and how to get rid of cold sore?, Here is our next article on how to get rid of boils? In this article, we will be discussing the methods to get rid of boils, but first of all let us learn about a boil, its causes, and symptoms. A boil is a skin infection that starts in a hair follicle or oil gland. At first, the skin appears red in the area of infection and a tender lump develops. After a few days, the lump turns white as pus starts to collect under the skin. Some of the common places for boils to occur are on the neck, face, armpits and buttocks. When it develops on the eyelid, it’s called stye and when several boils appear in a group, this is a serious infection called a Carbuncle.
Causes of Boils:
Most of the boils develop due to the infection by the Staphylococcus bacteria, which enters the human body through tiny cuts or wounds in the skin and travels down to the hair follicle. Some health problems that cause a boil are:
- Poor nutrition
- Poor hygiene
- Problems with the immune system
- Exposure to harsh chemicals irritates the skin
Signs and Symptoms of Boils:
The infection begins with a hard, red and painful lump that is usually half an inch in size. In the next few days, the lump becomes tender and soft. Also, its size increases and becomes more painful. Soon, pus starts to collect underneath the tender skin of the lump. Therefore developing into a boil. Signs of severe infection include:
- The infected skin around the boil.
- It appears red, swollen, warm and painful.
- Sometimes it can also lead to fever.
- Lymph nodes can also swell.
Best Treatments to Get Rid of Boils Overnight & Fast:
1.) Use The Warm Compress
You can treat a boil with warm washcloth compress. It is an effective remedy to get rid of boils and also soothes the pain and inflammation.
- Take a clean and soft piece of cloth.
- Soak it in warm water.
- You can also add salt while boiling water. This maintains the temperature of water.
- Finally, Place the warm, wet cloth on the affected area for 10-12 minutes.
- Repeat the process six times a day to get quick results.
2.) Make The Turmeric Milk
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and is also a natural blood purifier. It helps to get rid of boils overnight.
- Add a spoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink the milk thrice a day.
- Also, you can mix a teaspoon of turmeric in ginger juice and make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the boil to get rid of them.
3.) Apply Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties that cure the infection and helps to get rid of boils. It also consists of antibacterial, anti-fungal properties that help speed up the healing process. Regular use of tea tree oil will help treat boil effectively and give you relieve from the discomfort due to skin abscesses and boils.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil directly to the boil using a cotton swab.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day to get rid of it quickly.
NOTE- Do not consume tea tree oil.
4.) Use The Castor Oil
Castor oil has Ricinoleic, that is an anti-inflammatory agent, and also has many antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties that fight infection and therefore, helps to cure the boil infection.
- Put a few drops of castor oil directly to the boil using a cotton swab.
- This will draw out all the poison and pus, thus curing the infected follicle.
- Repeat this remedy until the boil is completely cured.
5.) Milk: An Ancient Remedy
Milk is an ancient remedy that has given effective results to get rid of boils overnight. The good bacteria present in milk help to fight the infection and quickly heals the boil.
- Heat a cup of milk and add 3 teaspoons of salt to it.
- Stir it thoroughly to make it thick.
- Now add some flour or bread crumbs to it.
- Finally, apply this mixture directly on the boil.
- Repeat this remedy to get quick results.
6.) Take Help From Onion
This is another effective and best home remedy to get rid of boils fast. Onion has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that help to treat boils and fights the bacteria that cause infection.
- Cut a fresh slice of onion and place it directly on the boil.
- You can also wrap the onion inside the cloth.
- Place this directly on the boil so that the heat of onion reaches the infection.
- Practice the process 3-4 times a day to get rid of boils.
7.) Eggs Will Help
Egg whites are also as an effective remedy to get rid of boils fast. The warmth of egg white will help soothe the inflammation caused by boils and help speed up the healing process. Follow the steps given below to try this method.
- Boil an egg and peel off the shell.
- Whip the white part of the egg and mash it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the boil.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let it work.
- Repeat the remedy until the infection is gone.
8.) Make Corn Meal Paste
Corn meal is known as a natural absorbent and also proves very effective to get rid of boils fast. To try this method, follow the steps given below.
- Boil half cup of water and add some cornmeal to it.
- This makes a thick paste. Now apply the paste directly to the boil.
- Cover it with a clean cloth and leave it until the pus is completely drained out.
- Repeat the process several times in a day to cure a boil infection.
9.) Cumin Seeds Do The Trick
Cumin seeds is one of the most effective remedy that helps to get rid of boils overnight. In addition to its benefits, it treats the infection by reducing the swelling, draining out the pus and also decreasing the size of the boil.
- Grind some cumin seeds and make a paste by mixing water.
- Apply this paste directly to the boil and let it work for a few minutes.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day and you will surely get effective results.
10.) Parsley Leaves Will Help
Parsley leaves have antibacterial, anti fungal and antioxidant properties that help to cure the infection quickly without spreading further.
- Boil some parsley leaves in water, strain and wrap the leaves in a clean, soft cloth.
- Use it as a bandage on the boil.
- This will burst the boil and drain out the pus.
11.) Use Black Seed Oil
Black seed is one of the most recommended natural remedies for various types of skin problems including boils. It consists of medicinal properties that cure the disease and help to get rid of boils fast. The medicinal properties of black seed can help you relief from the pain caused due to boils.
- Prepare a paste of black seed oil by grinding them and apply it on the boil.
- This will surely treat the infection.
- You can also have it orally by mixing a half teaspoon of black seed oil in a hot or cold drink.
- Drink this mixture twice daily.
12.) Take Help From Lilac
Lilac has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help to cure boils and also acts as a pain relief. Get the maximum benefits from this best remedy to treat boils.
- Make a paste of fresh leaves of lilac and apply it directly on the affected area.
- You can also boil some leaves in water until the water completely evaporates to 1/3rd.
- Use this solution to rinse the infected area.
- Repeat the process as required.
13.) Use The Garlic Paste
Garlic has antimicrobial properties and is often used as a natural remedy to get rid of boils overnight. Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps cure the infection faster.
- Grind a few garlic cloves and make a thick paste.
- Apply it directly to the boil.
- Another option is, you can also heat a garlic clove and use it as a warm compress for the boil by placing it on the boil.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and let it work.
- Repeat the method several times a day to get better results.
14.) Nutmeg Is a Blood Simulator
Nutmeg is an effective remedy that regulates and stimulates the flow of blood in the body. Follow the below steps to try this method.
- Take a cup of hot milk and add a teaspoon of nutmeg powder to it.
- Drink the milk to prevent any bacterial infection in the boil.
- You can also apply grounded nutmeg on the affected area.
- Mix it with warm milk to form a paste.
- Now, apply on the affected area and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with plain water.
- Repeat the remedy as required or until the infection is gone.
15.) Use The Eucalyptus Oil
The oil has anti bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help to soothe the pain and also fight infection.
- Prepare a mixture of 25 grams of slippery elm (powdered) and 3 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Apply the thick paste directly to the infected area.
- Do not remove until the pus completely drains out.
- Repeat the remedy to cure the boil completely.
16.) Marshmallows Do The Trick
Marshmallow is an effective remedy that helps to get rid of boils overnight. The leaves of marshmallow have natural components that help to kill the bacteria and soothe inflammation.
- Use a marshmallow leaf or figwort as a bandage on the boil to drain out the pus.
- Repeat the remedy as required.
17.) Try Holy Basil and Asafoetida
Holy Basil is known for its detoxifying, cleansing and purifying properties. Therefore, making it beneficial for various skin disorders, infection, itching etc. Either apply it topically or consume by including it in your diet. When mixed with asafoetida, this is an addition to the benefits of holy basil.
- Extract the juice from fresh holy basil leaves.
- Crush a piece of ginger root and mix to get a thick paste.
- Finally, add asafoetida to the paste and apply to the boil.
- This helps to treat infection and cure the boil.
18.) Use The Beetle Leaves
Beetle leaves have anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-protozoan properties. They are also considered a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- First of all, take a beetle leaf and wash it properly to clear off any dirt.
- Smear some castor oil over the leaf and apply it on the boil.
- Secure it using a paper tape or bandage.
- Another option is, you can also boil a few leaves in water for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool down then grind it into a paste like consistency.
- Apply it on the affected area and secure it using a bandage.
- Repeat any of the above remedies as required to get rid of boils quickly.
19.) Use The Bread Poultice
This is one of the most convenient and easiest remedy to get rid of boils overnight. It is always easily available in the house and there is no pain caused in this method. It reduces inflammation and sends WBC to fight the infection. Follow the steps given below to see the effective results.
- Take a slice of bread and cut down the corners.
- Soak the slice in warm milk for a few minutes.
- Keep the soaked slice on the affected area.
- Do this at-least 2 times a day to get rid of boil fast.
20.) Use The Jelly Jar
This is another effective remedy to treat boils. All you need to do is boil a cup of jelly in a vessel. With the help of tongs, take out the cup of jelly jar. Place this jelly jar on the affected area. When you will do this the blood pressure in the affected area will increase and the pus will come out. Wipe the pus and wash the area with an antibacterial soap.
How to Prevent Boils?
- Regularly wash the clothes, bedding, and towels of the member suffering from a boil.
- Clear minor skin wounds with disinfectants.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Try to use an antibacterial soap for bathing.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A, C and E.
- Regularly exfoliate your skin to prevent the pores from blocking.
- Avoid caffeine products as they can worsen your condition.
- Don’t squeeze a boil otherwise you will feel pain and the infection will increase.
- Don’t eat fatty foods such as cakes and chocolates.
When Should an Individual Seek Medical Care?
- High fever.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Red skin or steaks around the boil.
- Severe pain.
- Boil does not self-drain.
- The second boil appears.
- Friction from tight clothes.
- If you are suffering from diabetes or heart murmur while boil infection, then you need to seek medical care.
- You have a weak immune system and then develop a boil.