Cellulite consists of free-floating fat cells that gathered just beneath the skin. It gives the skin a distinct dimpled and lumpy appearance. In the medical field, cellulite is known as adiposis edematous, dermopanniculosis deformans, status protrusus cutis and gynoid lipodystrophy. Cellulite is also known as cottage cheese skin, orange peel syndrome, hail damage and the mattress phenomenon in colloquial language. Hormones, genetics, and an unhealthy lifestyle can be the major causes of cellulite. Cellulite is most noticeable at thighs and buttocks. It becomes the worse with the age, so need to get rid of cellulite as fast as you can. Here are a few simple home remedies to get rid of cellulite on thighs.
Causes of Cellulites:
Few genes are required to form cellulite. Genes may lead an individual to the particular type of cellulite such as gender, race, distribution of fat underneath the skin, slow metabolism, and circulatory insufficiency.
Hormones play an important role in cellulite growth. But it is also believed that estrogen, noradrenaline, insulin, prolactin and thyroid hormones are behind cellulite production process.
Diet also plays an important role in cellulite formation. Consuming fat, carbohydrate or salt in large amounts can cause cellulite.
People who smoke has more possibility of suffering from cellulitis, who don not exercise or stand in one position for a long time.
Underpants with tight elastic across the buttocks may also contribute to the cellulite formation.
Tips to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs
1.) Dry Brushing to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs
Dry brushing is very effective to get rid of cellulite on thighs. The process improves the blood circulation and lymphatic drainage and removes all the increased growth of toxins from the body. The increased blood flow reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- Take a dry brush made with natural fibers.
- Ensure that your skin is dry as well.
- Gently start brushing in upward directions from the feet to the shoulder, focusing on the cellulite suffering areas. Do not forget to brush from left to right keep and keep brushing towards the heart to uplift the blood circulation.
- Do brushing like this for at least five minutes.
- Now take a shower to wash away the impurities and dead skin cells.
- Use this technique daily before taking a bath to improve the skin texture and get rid of cellulite on thighs and other parts of the body.
2.) Coffee Grounds to Treat Cellulite
Coffee beans can also be utilized as one of the best remedies to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other body parts of the body. Use rough coffee grounds as an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin and helps to grow new and healthy skin cells. Whereas drinking coffee increases the blood circulation of the body.
- Make an effective solution by mixing coffee and olive oil.
- Take one-half cup of virgin olive oil and coffee grounds and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Apply the hot solution on the cellulite affected areas and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Let it there for 30 minutes.
- Now wash it off with warm water.
- Use this method twice a week until you get rid of cellulite on thighs.
- Take one-fourth cup of grounded coffee.
- Mix three tbsp of sugar and two tbsp of coconut oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas and massage gently for 10 to 15 minutes by applying some pressure.
- Now wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice or thrice a week or until you get rid of cellulite on thighs.
- Store the rest of the solution in a jar for future use.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs
Apple cider vinegar can also be utilized to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other body parts. It has minerals, magnesium, and calcium which help to cure cellulite. All the properties present in the ACV help to flush out the water retention and toxins around the thighs and stomach. Which help to reduce cellulite and bloating.
- Combine one part of ACV with two parts of water.
- Rub the solution on the affected area.
- Let it work for 30 minutes.
- Now wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day until you get the desired results.
- Or You can also combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey, and drink it twice a day on a regular basis.
4.) Drink Enough Water to Cure Cellulite
Cellulite is made up of toxins which are stored there in your body for a long time. Consuming water is the best way to remove toxins out of the body. Water keeps your body hydrated, which in return give healthy and glowing skin.
Consume at least 8-10 glasses of water each day to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other parts of the body. Drink one glass after you get up and before having a morning tea or coffee.
If you do not like the taste of regular water, then you can add a dash of lemon juice or honey to it. Also eat food which is full of water content like cucumber, melons, and green vegetables. With this home remedy, you can lose rid of cellulite on thighs.
5.) Seaweed to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs
Seaweed acts as a natural exfoliator. It increases the blood circulation and improve the skin texture and flushes harmful toxins out of the body. Hence it helps to get rid of cellulite on thighs and its symptoms.
- Take two to three tablespoons of seaweed and one-fourth cup of sea salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix them all together and add a few drops of any essential oil.
- Massage this solution on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes before going to shower.
- After bathing, apply moisturizer.
- Follow this method once in a day for several weeks to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other body parts.
With these home remedies, you can get rid of cellulite on thighs and wear your bikini, swimsuits, shorts and skirts to show off your well-toned legs or body.
Exercises to Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs
1.) Side to Side Exercise
- This exercise is best to get rid of cellulite on thighs. Use dumbbells to do this exercise. Simply keep your hand on hips. Or hold the dumbbell up at shoulder for better results.
- Stand with legs to the shoulder-width and keep your toes pointed about 45 degrees. Keep your back straight. A dumbbell in each hand and rest them on your hips.
- Take a big step to the right and bend right knee until your tight correspond to the floor. Keep your leg expanded. Don’t project your leg over your toes. Pause for a while and then come to the starting position. Repeat the motion with the another leg.
2.) All-Fours Kickback Exercise
- Use ankle weights to do this exercise and do not hunch your back. This is the 2nd exercise in the list, which is very effective to get rid of cellulite on thighs.
- Get down on forearms and knees by wearing your ankle weight. Stand with your back straight and head in line, while looking down.
- Bend your leg while keeping your back straight, swing your leg back and lift your other foot in toward the ceiling until your reach to parallel to the ground. Remain flexible throughout the exercise.
- Hold yourself in the position for a second and come to the starting position. Do the same activity with another leg.
3.) One-legged Lunge Exercise
- This exercise is also very effective to get rid of cellulite on thighs. Take a sturdy chair and stand 2 feet away in front of the chair. Tilt your knee and extend your leg in the backward direction. Place the left foot on the chair while keeping your leg straight and head in a straight line and looking in forward directions.
- Tilt your knee until it is parallel to the floor. Do not project your knee over your toes. Pause yourself for a while and come back to the starting position. Repeat another set with another leg.
4.) V-Leg Pull Exercise
- This exercise is beneficial to get rid of cellulite on thighs. Tie an exercise band loosely around your ankles and lie on your back with arms down.
- Stand with both legs straight up directly above your hips. Keep your feet wide, enough so that exercise band is little taut.
- Open your legs as far as you can. Pause stretching and slowly close legs back to the starting point. And repeat another set.
5.) Squats and Side Lift
- Gently tilt the knees and squat back as moving your butt down. Keep your back straight and don not project your toes.
- Stop yourself when your thighs just correspond to the floor and don’t go further.
- Pause and straighten your legs and lift your another leg off the floor and to the side, where you are standing. Stand still for a second and return to the starting point. Now repeat with your right leg to the another side this time to get rid of cellulite on thighs.