Acne is the most common problem among teenagers and young ones. These acnes can affect both men and women from the age of 8 to 50. But if you have large, inflamed and painful acnes deep in your skin that could have meant that you have developed something called cystic acne. These acnes can be treated but can linger for years. These breakouts can affect a large area of skin and leave scars. Read this article to get tips to get rid of cystic acne.
What is Cystic Acne?
Cystic acne is a clogged large, deep and painful pore filled with the oil, blood, and dead skin. They can stay deep inside the skin for weeks or even months and can eventually clot. Cystic breakouts can leave scars if proper care of them in not taken — or if they are treated incorrectly
Cystic nodular acne is the most intense form of acne. This acne type is usually hereditary and may result in permanent scarring and disfigurement. Cystic acne is also most common in teenager and young adults. These breakouts are severe because they are inflamed. The swelling promotes the adjacent nerve fibers and triggers pain.
Causes of Acne:
- Hormonal changes.
- Greasy cosmetics, lotions, cleansers, and clothing.
- High levels of humidity and sweating.
- Fewer drugs and chemicals, which may aggravate or cause eruptions that are related to acne.
You must have heard a lot of people saying that the potato chips can cause pimples. But you may be surprised by knowing that potato chips don’t cause breakouts nor poor hygiene. So here are a few examples:
- Chocolate, greasy foods & nuts
- Intake of milk products and acne
- Inadequate face washing
- Poor hygiene
- Sex or Masturbation.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
1. Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Acne
Tea tree oil is considered to be one of the best home remedies to get rid of cystic acne. Tea tree oil can cure any type of skin problem including acne. With natural inflammation-fighting properties, tea tree oil heals acne very effectively. Make homemade tea tree face to cure acne and other skin problems.
- Take 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Rub this on the affected area and wash off after 1 minute.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with 35- 40 drops of witch hazel.
- Use a cotton swab to apply.
2. Ice to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
The cold pressure application can reduce swelling. It actually freezes the skin pores by removing dirt, and oil build-up. This trick works best for single cysts. Apply an ice cube directly to the affected area or inflamed spot.
3. Honey to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
With antiseptic qualities, honey is considered as a natural home remedy to get rid of cystic acne. It also helps to exfoliate the skin very well.
- Apply honey on the breakout.
- Let honey dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
4. Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Aloe Vera helps to get rid of cystic acne effectively. It has properties that can reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by cystic acne.
- Take a fresh aloe leave and extract gel out of it.
- Apply the gel to the affected area. You can wash according to your desire.
5. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Baking soda it can help to neutralize any pH imbalances on the skin. pH imbalances in the skin are a common cause of acne. It helps to dry the skin, removing the excess oil, which leads to breakouts and blackheads. It is also filled the mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which help to reduce the size of pimples.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with water to form a fine paste.
- Apply this on the face. This paste helps to exfoliate the skin by removing dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Completely cleanse and dry your face, then
- Apply this solution as a light layer all over your face.
- It may tingle or sting slightly.
- Let the mask sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Make sure to moisturize after using the mask.
6. Potato to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Potatoes are one of the effective remedies to get rid of cystic acne. It not only cures a pimple but also lighten the scars left behind. Due to its bleaching properties, potato is very useful in fading acne and their scars
- Cut a potato in slices and rub it on the affected area.
- You can also use raw potato juice.
- Grate one potato to extract juice.
- Apply potato juice on your pimples.
- Leave it, till it dry and wash with lukewarm water.
7. Toothpaste to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Toothpaste is very useful to cure acne. It contains fluoride and other components that can help get rid of bacteria causing the cystic acne.
- Apply your regular toothpaste on the pimple affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes or overnight.
- Wash off with cold water.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Apple cider vinegar is very helpful for curing acne. Being acidic in nature, it helps to restore the acidity of the skin. ACV also kills bacteria, removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup and defuse dead skin cells.
- Mix one part water and one part apple cider vinegar in one bowl.
- Use cotton or paper towel to apply the mixture to the skin.
- Leave it on overnight or for a few minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water and apply oil-free moisturizer
- Repeat regularly to get rid of cystic acne.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of ACV and 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Apply the mixture with the finger as a mask.
- Leave it on until the skin becomes dry and tight.
- Wash with cool water, pat dry, and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat once a week.
9. Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
With antibacterial properties, coconut oil can help kill off the bacteria causing this type of acne. It is the source of fatty acid and vitamin E which keeps your skin healthy and ensure the proper working of sebum glands and clear the skin.
You will Need:
- 5 tablespoons of fresh aloe juice
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix coconut oil, honey, and aloe juice together.
- Apply the mask and leave it for 20 minutes on your face.
- Remove the mask by washing it off with warm water. Use this mask twice a week.
10. Egg to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Egg whites work effectively to treat acne because they help cleanse the skin by pulling dirt and debris out of the pores and cleaning excess oil, which causes acne. It also works as a mild astringent, which helps tone the skin. Apply egg masks to get rid of cystic acne.
- Whisk egg white and lemon juice together.
- Rinse your face with water.
- Apply the mixture.
- Leave for at least 20 minutes and rinse your face with warm water followed by cool water.
- Apply oil free moisturizer.
- Mix egg whites and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture as a facial mask on the pimple affected the skin.
- Leave for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Use this mask once or twice in a week to get rid of cystic acne.