Dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis are a common skin problem. One of the reasons of dandruff can be dry skin. It could also be caused by eczema, or, very commonly, psoriasis, an overgrowth of a yeast fungus called Malassezia. You do not need to visit the doctors or specialist to cure dandruff. It can be cured by various home remedies. If you are suffering from dandruff, then this article is going to help you. Read this article and get tips to get rid of dandruff effectively.
Some Basic Reasons for Dandruff:
Dry skin often leads to dandruff. The problem increases during winters because of dry and cold weather. The person who complains about dandruff in winters suffers from dandruff which is not oily and the flakes are small in size.
Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (Oily skin):
Dandruff occurs on the oily scalp is called seborrhoeic dermatitis. The person suffering from seborrhoeic dermatitis experiences the dandruff flake which looks white to yellowish in color. The oily body parts like scalp, face, nose, eyebrows, back and inside of ear produce this types of dandruff.
Producing and shedding the dead skin cells is a natural phenomenon. So brushing your hair properly at least twice a day is very important to get rid of dandruff. But poor brushing takes you to the risky level of dandruff. Plus proper brushing also improves the blood circulation and air supply to the scalp for healthy hair.
No Proper Shampooing:
The scalp leads to dandruff if you don’t wash your hair in a regular manner. Because if you don’t wash your hair for a long time, then the hair leads to the build-up of dead skin and oil on the scalp. So if you want to get rid of dandruff, wash your hair every other day an herbal or a mild shampoo followed by the conditioner. Ensure to apply conditioner at least two inches away from the scalp and wash it off.
Our daily diet and bad eating habits are also responsible for such problems like dandruff. In today’s time, our diet includes processed food, refined sugar, and fried food which leads to inflammation. The inflammation in returns gives dandruff. Try to reduce the intake of such food. Include foods rich in antioxidants such as zinc, vitamin B, and omega 3 fatty acids. Add green leafy veggies and fruits to your diet.
Excessive stress at work, overnight work, and much more stress causing factors can lead to dandruff and hair fall. Stress has an impact on both mentally and physically. Try to stick to a routine, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and try to keep yourself stress-free.
Excessive Use of Hair Styling Products:
Regular use of hair styling products makes our hair and scalp dry and leads to dandruff. So try not to use them frequently. If it is must only then use hair styling products like sprays, gel, and mousse but in a limit. The chemicals present in these products might increase the problem of dandruff.
Some Simple Tips to Get Rid of Dandruff
1.) Coconut And Honey Scalp Scrub
Coconut oil is very beneficial for healthy hair. It helps to preserve the natural protein of hair and is also very good to prevent hair fall. On the other hand, with antimicrobial properties, honey is a suitable product to get rid of dandruff. So make a coconut and honey scrub to get rid of dandruff.
- Mix coconut oil and honey in a bowl to make a fine paste.
- Now put some yogurt to make it thicken the paste.
- Apply the paste like a mask on the scalp and gently massage. Ensure to apply this from roots to tips of your hair.
- Continue massaging it for 10 minutes because this opens up the pores and promotes blood circulation.
- Let the mask stay for 30-45 minutes, then wash it out using a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- After the whole process, pat dry the hair with a towel and then apply a few drops of coconut oil to the scalp before taking a bath.
- Do not rinse hair with shampoo more than twice, it can take moisture provided by the mask.
- Make sure you do not use a dryer to dry your hair. if it is required then do it on a low setting.
2.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Dandruff
Aspirin can be utilized to get rid of dandruff. It contains salicylates, which help to exfoliate the scalp and treat dandruff. So use aspirin and get rid of dandruff.
- Crush the aspirin tablets and add the powder to a bowl.
- Take a little amount of shampoo and combine it to the aspirin powder. Mix it well.
- Shampoo your hair using this mixture. Let the shampoo work on your hair and scalp for two minutes.
- Now you can wash it with water.
- Use the remedy while taking a bath to get rid of dandruff.
3.) Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar
Banana is also very beneficial to get healthy hair. It is filled with the vitamin B and is a good source of nutrients to improve the blood circulation and keep skin healthy. Whereas, apple cider vinegar is a fungicide and germ killer. It helps to get rid of dandruff very effectively. So combine banana and apple cider vinegar to keep yourself away from dandruff.
- Combine banana and apple cider vinegar to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and leave for about five to ten minutes.
- Massage properly into your scalp and make sure it covers your hair completely.
- Let it work for about 20 minutes, after which you can rinse your hair completely with water.
- Repeat this remedy for 4 days and then follow this once in a week to get rid of dandruff.
4.) Yogurt to Get Rid of Dandruff
The yeast present in our body increases the inflammation, which leads to the yeast buildup in the skin. So increasing the good bacteria inside our digestive systems can decrease the yeast within our bodies. Probiotics help to get rid of dandruff very effectively. That’s why using yogurt is an effective remedy to get rid of dandruff.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Post that, apply the yogurt to the scalp and let it work there for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair, and wash again using a small amount of shampoo.
5.) Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Scrub
This scrub works amazingly to get rid of dandruff. It gently exfoliates the scalp, increases the blood circulation to the hair follicle and provides moisture
- Combine brown sugar and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Shampoo hair before applying this to remove any styling products.
- Now apply the small amount of the scrub into your scalp, using a circular motion.
- Wash thoroughly.
6.) Salt and Olive Oil Scrub to Treat Dandruff
The scrub stimulates hair growth and removes dandruff and dry flakes without drying skin. The fatty acids present in olive oil provide moisture and protection against damage. So apply this mask and say bye to dandruff.
- Combine salt and oil together,
- Add lemon juice to it because the lemon juice dissolves product residue.
- Now wet your hair and massage this scrub into scalp for several minutes.
- Wash it off well and shampoo.