Are you dying for flawless skin? Do you have dark spots on your face? If yes, Then read this article to get rid of dark spots on face. These dark patches or dark spots can be easily gone or eliminate from the skin. It generally occurs due to secretion of melanin (dark pigments) to your skin. There are many factors which lead to dark spots like long exposure to the sun, pregnancy, vitamin deficiencies, stress and improper sleep. This dark spots look so ugly and make your beautiful face so embarrassing that you start hiding your face. Thankfully, there are so many treatments that you can do such as laser light and acid peels. You can easily reduce spots and blemishes at home by following the best ways to get rid of dark spots on face.
Best Ways to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
1.) First Know the Types of Dark Spots
As you know dark spots are caused by many factors. So first know what type of dark spots you have to get rid of dark spots on the face so that you can get appropriate treatment of your dark spots. Dark spots are 3 types:
- Lentigines: These are that dark spots that triggers by the UV rays of the sun. It is shown in the studies that 90% of the people suffered from dark spots after the age of 60. Even now it is shown at the younger age of men and women. These dark spots get scattered on the face and that makes your skin ugly.
- Melasma: It triggers due to hormonal changes. They appear on your face, generally on your cheeks due to hormonal change like pregnancy or menopause. It can be negative side effects of taking control pills and hormonal treatment therapy. It also occurs when the thyroid dysfunction.
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH): It is a type of dark spots which occurs as trauma on the skin, which is usually caused by psoriasis, acne, and burns. Which are hard to cure.
2.) Figure Out Your Type of Dark Spots
Once you get the knowledge about the dark spots, you will easily figure out what causes your dark spots. So that you make the appropriate changes in your lifestyle and take a proper treatment. To know what causes your dark spots, you have to know the answers to several questions.
Are you suffering from any disease for which you are taking medicines? Have you taken any birth control medicines? Are you pregnant? Home Therapy? If your any answer is yes, then it can trigger melanoma. It is very difficult to cure and has some treatment which can make some difference on your face.
Are you frequently using a tanning bed or get a tan in the sun? If you are staying in sun exposure and you don’t use sunglasses, it might trigger valentine. Topical treatments for dark spot and keep away from sun exposure, are the best thing you can do to get rid of dark spots on face.
3.) Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
- Potatoes: Potatoes are one of the home remedies to get rid of dark spots on face. It has natural bleaching properties which reduce lighter the dark spots and remove the scars as well. As potatoes are rich in starch, which heal the dark pigments and gives your healthy skin. Just slice the potatoes and place the slice of potatoes with dark spots affected skin to get relief from dark patches.
- Lemon: Lemon contains acid, which neutralizes the skin and helps to get rid of dark spots on face. It is an easy and quick remedy to reduce the dark pigments on your face. Lemon contains vitamin C which lightens the dark spots on your face. Take one lemon and extract the juice of a lemon. With the help of cotton apply that juice on the affected area on the face and let it dry. Rinse your face with normal water. Keep continue this remedy until you get rid of dark spots on face.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera work efficiently in great spot corrector. As the Aloe Vera gel has healing properties and helps in the growth of new cells that heal the scars. It makes the skin clear and reduces the dark spots. It is better if you have an Aloe Vera plant at home, extract the gel from the leaf, Aloe Vera. Apply the gel on the affected area on the face to get rid of dark spots on face. Give a message to the affected area with your own fingertips. Leave the gel for 15-20 minutes to lighten the dark spots and then rinse it water to get rid of dark spots on face.
4.) Different Treatments to Reduce Dark Patches
There are different treatments available which help to get rid of dark spots on face. The process of these treatments helps in removing the layer of the skins which contains dark pigments. You can take these following treatments to reduce your dark spots on your skin.
- Topical Acid Treatment: which involve various acids to treat the dark spots. The acid like Alpha hydroxy acids, retinoids, and beta hydroxyl acids are used in the process to get rid of dark spots. As the alpha, hydroxy acid contains Mandelic acid, citric acid, glycolic acid and other. Beta hydroxy acid, also known as salicylic acid, which generally used for the treatment of acne and skin disease. You can apply this acid in the form of serum, cream, peel or cleanser and retinoic in a form of vitamin.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a treatment that uses very fine grain to get rid of dark spots. This procedure gives you fresh skin in place of removing skin. It is done only once a month in several months. Find only the professional to do this procedure as it needs to abrade the skin, which triggers irritation and make the color worse, if It is done wrong.
- Chemical Peel: Chemical also helps to remove the upper layer of your acne skin. It contains acids in high concentration and has three levels of light, medium and deep. As the light, peel contains alpha hydroxy acid. It works very effectively in reducing the dark spots. You can go for the medium chemical peel if your skin damaged from sunburn. Repeat this method in 2 weeks until you get rid of dark spots. The Deep chemical method is for wrinkle problem. It repairs the several damages and used for deep wrinkle.
5.) Manual Exfoliation to Reduce Dark Spots
If you have a dark spot occurs in your top layer of the skin or top few layers of the skin, you can get rid of dark spots on the face by exfoliating the skin of the face. It is the application of removing the removing the top layer of the skin and getting a new skin.
Take a good exfoliation that contains the small particles which we use for scrubbing the skin that removes the top layer of that contains the dark pigments. You can also make skin exfoliation at home to get rid of dark spots. Take few ground almonds and mix them into oatmeal, use as scrub regularly. Apply the paste on your skin in a circular motion to reduce the dark blemishes.
6.) Consult a Dermatologist to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
As this dermatologist has a special magnifying lamp, which easily recognize the tiny spots on your face and the reason behind it. He/ she can even take your physical examination by asking the question related to your lifestyle to figure out what’s affecting you. Consulting dermatologists to get rid of dark spots on face is the best treatment for dark spots and prevent appearing on your skin.
As dark pigment is a very common skin condition that different treatments get rid of dark spots. There are several products are available in the market, which makes promises to reduce the dark spots but make it worse. So it’s better to consult a dermatologist to know what suits your skin the best.
Take a regular check up of the skin once a year to catch cancer before it gets worse. You can take the full body checkup to know the cause behind your dark spots.