Dry scalp is really a big problem as it leads to dandruff, hair fall, and other problems. If it is left untreated, it can be harmful to hair and scalp. So read this article and get tips to get rid of dry scalp. A dry scalp can be itchy, red, and irritated, and make your hair look dull and dry. When the sebaceous glands do not produce enough sebum and oil than it leads to the dry scalp. Excess use of chemical products steals the natural moisture of hair and make your scalp dry. Here are a few tips to get rid of dry scalp.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
1.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Dry Scalp
Tea tree oil is an amazing home remedy to get rid of dry scalp. Being antifungal and antibacterial in nature, it treats itchiness and dryness by giving an excellent moisturization and nourishment to hair. Hence prevent the dryness of the scalp. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo or with your hair oil to get rid of dry scalp. Use this regularly to treat dry scalp.
2.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Aloe Vera is often used for a various skin problem and in various herbal medicines. It is packed with amino acids, folic acid, Vitamin A, and C. It helps to cure dry skin and can also soothe a dry skin by giving it moisturization. Want to treat dry scalp use aloe vera gel.
- Apply fresh aloe Vera gel into your scalp using your fingers.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse hair with a mild shampoo.
3.) Coconut Oil to Cure Dry Scalp
Coconut oil is one of the most popular remedies to get rid of dry scalp and hair. It helps to repair the dry scalp by restoring its natural moisture. It also helps to prevent dryness and flakiness.
- Apply some coconut oil onto the clean dry scalp or after washing your hair.
- Let it sit for at least half an hour and then rinse it off with the mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy to three times a week.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Dry Scalp
Apple cider vinegar is one which can be used to treat anything and everything right from hair problems to skin conditions. It can help to balance the pH level of the scalp and ease itching and dryness
- Apply ACV to hair when your hair is washed and dry.
- Mix equal amount of water to apple cider vinegar and pour this into the spray bottle.
- Spray this solution directly onto the scalp or can apply to the scalp with cotton balls.
- After 10 minutes, wash your hair with normal water.
- Repeat this trick once or twice a week.
5.) Sesame Oil to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Like tea tree oil and coconut oil, sesame oil also nourishes and moisturize the scalp. It is also very effective to get rid of dry scalp. To get most of the nutrients, apply this a few minutes before going for a shampoo.
- Take warm sesame oil.
- Apply warm oil on the scalp and massage for a few minutes before heading towards bed every night. After a massage, wrap your head with a hot towel and leave it for 10 minutes.
- In the morning, wash your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment as long as you want.
6.) Avocado’s Deep Treatment
Avocado’s deep treatment is very useful to get rid of dry scalp. It is loaded with rich minerals, vitamins, and natural oil, which makes your hair and scalp moisturized.
- Blend one ripe avocado and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix all the solutions together and apply to the dry scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap and leave it for al least 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, followed by a light shampoo.
7.) Condition Your Dry Scalp with Honey
Honey also works as a conditioner and is good to cure dry skin. It can be used as a conditioner after shampoo.
- Take a mug of lukewarm water.
- Add two tablespoons of honey in it, stir it well.
- Apply this as a conditioner after washing hair with shampoo.
- Honey will help to moisturize hair as well as scalp.
- Combine 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp pure vegetable glycerin and 2 tbsp of raw honey.
- Use this as a conditioner after shampoo.
8.) Homemade Shampoo to Treat Dry Scalp
Make your shampoo to fight against dry scalp and rough hair. The recipe we are going share is very helpful to get rid of dry scalp.
Make your own conditioning shampoo from olive oil or coconut oil. It will work from the first wash.
- Horse shampoo, biodegradable – 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar- 5 tablespoons
- Coconut or olive oil- 3 teaspoons.
- Combine all the ingredients together and use as a normal shampoo.
- Mix it all together and wash hair as a normal shampoo.
- Apply olive oil or coconut oil 1 day before using this shampoo.
9.) Consume Vitamin B to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Deficiency of vitamin B6 and B12 in your diet can cause dry scalp or dandruff. So increase the intake of fruits, veggies, whole grain bread and cereals. You can also take supplements such as zinc, selenium and flaxseed oil.
10.) Jojoba Oil to Treat Dry Scalp
Jojoba oil is also very effective to get rid of dry scalp. It helps to ease dry and itchy scalp. Jojoba oil molecules have the almost closest to our own natural oil or sebum, which makes it very beneficial to rejuvenate and hydrates hair.
- Take a small amount of jojoba oil on your palm and massage with this on your scalp for a few minutes on the night.
- Leave it overnight.
- Massage a small amount of jojoba oil into the scalp for a few minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight.
- Wash your hair in the morning, followed by a mild shampoo.
- Apply this once In a week.
11.) Bananas to Treat Dry Scalp
Banana can also be used to get rid of dry scalp. It acts as a conditioner and provides nourishment and moisturization. Thereby reduce flaking, dandruff, and inflammation.
- Mash two bananas and combine one ripe avocado.
- Apply this mixture to your the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash thoroughly.
12.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Witch Hazel is the most popular in the US as a natural remedy. It works as a natural astringent that can cure itchy scalp. This ingredient is very effective to get rid of dry scalp.
- Combine one part of witch hazel with two parts of water.
- Apply the mixture onto the scalp and massage gently.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair and scalp thoroughly.
13.) Mayonnaise to Cure Dry Scalp
The mayonnaise is not only tasty, it also gives deep nourishment to your hair and scalp. Due to egg and oil, it is very effective to treat dry scalp. Vinegar in mayonnaise helps to kill the bacterias and fungus causing dryness and itching.
- Smear half cup of mayonnaise on the dry hair.
- Gently massage your scalp and root area.
- Wear a shower cap and let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair as normal followed by shampoo.
14.) Treat Dry Scalp with Beer
Beer acts as a natural conditioner. It gives nourishment to the hair and scalp.
- Combine 2 cups of beer with 2 tablespoons of ACV.
- Apply this solution on the hair and scalp after shampooing.
- Repeat regularly.
15.) Brown Sugar Scrub to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Brown sugar is also very effective to treat dry scalp. You can also use normal sugar.
- Combine five tablespoons of sugar with olive oil or any oil of your choice to form a paste.
- Apply this on your scalp.
- Rub it in circular motions.
- Rinse your hair as normal.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to get rid of dry scalp.