Fleas are a huge nuisance. They can also pass tapeworm to your pets like cat and dogs. Removing fleas require its due efforts and more patience, but that’s not impossible if you cover all the bases. As you have to treat your cat, your house, and your garden. In this article, here are natural remedies to get rid of fleas on cats.
Cats are very sensitive towards essential oils, and that the reason they lick themselves so much, makes natural flea repellants for cats is difficult than it is for dogs. There are many methods to prevention, but there are a few that will work with an immediate action to get rid of fleas on cats.
Cats are extremely sensitive animals, and with the habit to lick their fur, some chemical fleas treatments can make many owners think. If you have a pet then you need to think about their safety and cleanliness. Use natural and chemical free tricks to keep flea far from your cat. Regularly wash your pets bedding and vacuuming, is one of the best ways to keep your cat far from fleas.
- Before starting flea treatment on your cat, just look that is there any flea has settled or not.
- Look for any signs your cat’s fur. If you spot small bugs bouncing off your cat’s coat, it’s time to get rid of fleas on cats.
- Always comb your kitty with fine-toothed flea comb from head to tail many times a day to keep adult fleas and their eggs away. This comb-down will soothe your cat’s itching, and the combing will make her fur beautiful.
The most common signs of a flea infestation include:
- Itching, biting and scratching, around the neck, ears and around the base of the tail.
- saliva in the flea bite and may develop crusting, this is very common along the back.
- Noticing flea eggs and droppings in his bedding.
- Flea eggs are white, droppings are dark red, give the appearance of salt and pepper.
- To check, carefully go through your cat’s fur and pay close attention to the base of the tail and around the neck.
Tips to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
1. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective natural home remedies to treat any disease. It can also be used to get rid of fleas on cats as well.
- To get rid of fleas your cats, mix apple cider vinegar and water in a proportion of 2:1.
- Mix it well and collect it in a spray bottle.
- It actually causes pests to jump off of your pet.
2. Flea Comb to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
This is almost same to the flea comb used for dogs, and though some cats may don’t like the smell of the citrus. As this is prepared can lessen the intensity of the smell to their sensitive noses because you don’t use straight lemon juice. Fleas don’t like the overwhelming smell of lemon, and it seems to help kill them.
- Comb the lemon with a flea comb- you can also use a regular comb.
- You’ll get the pests out with the comb while leaving a long lasting scent of lemon will keep them away from coming back.
3. Dry Diatomaceous Earth Shampoo to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
Diatomaceous earth is a natural remedy to get rid of fleas on cats. It is made up of naturally occurring rock that is made up of the fossilized remains of ancient hard-shelled algae. It can be crumbled easily into a fine powder, this is very effective and safe thing for repelling fleas. Although it is harmless to humans or pets, it is fatal to fleas because of its tiny but incredibly sharp edges which can slice right through the pest’s tough, waxy, exoskeleton. After applying this flea die of dehydration.
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Some gloves
- Wearing gloves and dust your hands with DE, or take a small handful amount of it.
- Sprinkle onto your cat’s fur and rub it and don’t let it sit on the surface.
- Follow this by dusting your pets bedding and rub it in well so there aren’t left any bunch of loose particles floating around to inhale.
- You can try this treatment on your cat once a day, and on their bedding once a week.
4. Soapy Water to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
Fleas, well, they are not bright in the color. They are attracted towards the light, and you can find them the bare eye. To kill them use hot or warm water with soap, as they seek things out by temperature.
- A shallow dish
- Dish soap
- Warm water
- Fill a flimsy dish with warm soapy water and place directly under the light.
- Check the dish in the morning, empty it.
- Repeat this again to help get the fleas under control.
5. Rosemary to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
Using rosemary as a flea repellent is another effective home remedy. The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary promote the growth of hairs which were once lost due to the itching caused by flea bites.
- Get a few dried rosemary leaves and turn them into a fine powder.
- Spread this powder over the areas where the pet plays as well as sleep.
- You can also make a dip rosemary leaves.
- Take two cups of fresh rosemary leaves.
- Boil some water for half an hour.
- Let the rosemary steep in this water and remove it from the heat.
- Soak your pet into this water when water becomes lukewarm and pour the rosemary water over it.
- Allow the pet’s body get dried itself in the sunlight.
6. Salt Water to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
Salt water is also a good trick to get rid of fleas on cats. It acts as a repellent for fleas. Make sure you clean the floors and other spaces in your house with salt water. This will help keeps all the fleas away.
- Add a good amount of salt in water and use the solution for cleaning.
- You can also sprinkle salt directly on the carpet to kill the larvae and eggs of these pesky pests.
7. Lemon Spray to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
With its citrus acidic properties, lemon kills fleas very effectively. Fleas don’t like the smell of lemon. So the use of lemon is very effective to get rid of fleas on cats.
- Cut lemon into quarters and put them in boiling water.
- Let it steep it overnight.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the flea affected areas of your cat like behind the ears, head and at the base of the tail.
8. Aloe Vera Juice to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats
To get rid of fleas on cats, you can also use aloe vera as a quick remedy.
- Mix cayenne pepper with aloe vera juice and mix it well.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle.
- You can use aloe vera juice with essential oils to get rid of fleas on cats.
- Add only one drop of essential oil to one cup of aloe vera juice.