After writing articles on how to get rid of ingrown hair?, how to get rid of razor bumps?, and how to get rid of pimples?, Here is our next article on how to get rid of hair bumps? Those red bumps can just spoil that smart look of a freshly shaven face. People who shave, tweeze or wax often experience a type of skin irritation called hair bumps. The hair strands instead of growing out of the skin curl back into the skin due to which painful bumps are caused. These are not dangerous but can create a nuisance in your life. Don’t worry, this article will suggest you some natural remedies to get rid of hair bumps.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Hair Bumps
1.) Aloe Vera to Cure Hair Bumps
Aloe Vera is well known for its healing power. It moisturizes the skin and speeds up the healing process. A hair bump is always accompanied by swelling and inflammation. Aloe Vera has properties that reduce these problems associated with hair bumps. This is among the most effective remedies to get rid of hair bumps. It is a traditional remedy to soothe the aggravated skin.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera for Hair Bumps
- If you do not have an Aloe Vera plant at home, then buy an Aloe Vera gel from your nearby drugstore.
- Rub this gel on the hair bump.
- Leave it for a few minutes so that it gets soaked in the skin.
- Wash the aggravated area with cold water.
- Do this twice a day to get rid of hair bumps.
2.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Hair Bumps
The medicinal qualities of tea tree oil make it a perfect choice to deal with most of the skin problems. It is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents. It minimizes the swelling caused by hair bumps. Tea tree oil is a good choice to stop the hair bumps from getting infected. Try this effective remedy to get rid of hair bumps fast.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil for Hair Bumps:
Follow the steps given below:
- Add 3 drops of tea tree oil in one tablespoon of lavender oil.
- Apply this oil on the aggravated area.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes so that it can penetrate into the skin.
- Clean the aggravated area with cold water.
- Repeat the remedy 2 to 3 times to cure hair bumps.
- Dip a cotton swab in diluted tea tree oil.
- Place the cotton swab on the hair bump.
- Leave the cotton swab for a few minutes.
- Repeat the remedy until you are contended.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Bumps
The presence of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar will prevent the hair bumps from getting infected. It has an anti-inflammatory nature due to which it reduces the inflammation and swelling caused by hair bumps. Itching is an unavoidable evil of hair bumps. The anti-itching properties of apple cider vinegar reduce itching. Try this amazing remedy to cure hair bumps fast.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Bumps:
- Use a cotton swab to apply apple cider vinegar on the hair bumps
- Wait until the area gets dry.
- Do this 2 times a day to reduce the itchiness of hair bumps.
4.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Hair Bumps
Baking soda balances the pH of the aggravated area because of its alkaline nature. It has the presence of anti-inflammatory substances, which makes it a perfect choice to get rid of hair bumps. Baking soda soothes the aggravated skin. Try this promising remedy to treat hair bumps fast.
Steps to Use Baking Soda for Hair Bumps:
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in one cup of water.
- Apply this baking soda solution to make this aggravated area wet.
- Keep this area wet for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy daily until the signs of hair bumps disappear.
5.) Oatmeal to Cure Hair Bumps
The anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities of oatmeal make it a perfect choice to get rid of hair bumps. Grounded oatmeal reduces the inflammation, redness, swelling and irritation caused by hair bumps. Try this amazing remedy to cure hair bumps fast.
Steps to Use Oatmeal for Hair Bumps:
- Make a paste of grounded oatmeal and plain yogurt.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this paste on the aggravated area.
- Leave it until it dries completely.
- Wash the aggravated area with warm water.
- Do this twice a day to get rid of hair bumps.
6.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Hair Bumps
Redness, itchiness, swelling and inflammation are the unavoidable evils of hair bumps. Cucumber has a high water content and has cooling properties due to which you get relief from these unavoidable evils. It contains vitamin C and K, which is important for assuaging skin irritation. This is among the effective remedies to get rid of hair bumps.
Steps to Use Cucumber for Hair Bumps:
- Keep the slices of a fresh cucumber in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Press it gently against the hair bumps.
- You can also mix milk in crushed cucumber.
- Apply this on the aggravated area to get relief.
7.) Honey to Treat Hair Bumps
Nowadays, honey is being widely used in skin care products. The reason is its soothing and anti-bacterial qualities. It is a perfect choice for treating hair bumps that show signs of infection. It speeds up the healing and prevents the aggravated area from further infection. Honey reduces the swelling and pain associated with hair bumps. This acts a natural moisturizer for the skin. Try this effective remedy to get rid of the discomfort.
Steps to Use Honey for Hair Bumps:
- Apply a thick layer of honey on the aggravated area.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Rinse the aggravated area with cold water.
- Do this several times a day to get favorable results.
- Alternatively, Mix honey in a cup of plain yogurt. Apply this mixture on the hair bumps. Wash it after a few minutes. Do this frequently to cure hair bumps.
8.) Hot and Cold Compress for Hair Bumps
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of hair bumps. A cold compress will help you to get rid of the burning sensation on the hair bumps. It will numb the nerve endings due to which the discomfort will get reduced. You just need to wrap some ice cubes in a clean and thin cloth. Press the cloth against the hair bumps to get instant relief.
If you want to soothe itchiness, then hot compress is the best option for you. The heat will free the trapped hair by opening the skin pores. Press a towel soaked in hot water against the hair bumps. Do this for 5 minutes for favorable results.
9.) Lemon to Get Rid of Hair Bumps
Lemon due to its acidic nature eliminates the microbes that are responsible for causing inflammation, itchiness, and redness. The astringent quality of lemon helps to dry out the hair bumps. It prevents the aggravated area from further infection. Lemon stops the bacteria from colonizing hair bump follicles. This is one of the amazing remedies to get rid of hair bumps.
Steps to Use Lemon for Hair Bumps:
- Extract the juice from 3 lemons and dilute it with water to avoid irritation.
- Apply this lemon juice on the hair bumps with a cotton swab.
- Let the juice stay on the hair bump for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the aggravated area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a day to reduce the redness of hair bumps.
10.) Black Tea for Curing Hair Bumps Fast
This organic compound is a rich source of tannin. This tannin helps to cure the hair bumps fast. It has an astringent nature, which helps in reducing the itchiness and redness associated with hair bumps. Black tea also helps you to get rid of the inflammation caused by hair bumps. Try this amazing remedy to cure hair bumps fast.
Steps to Use Black Tea for Hair Bumps:
- Leave some black tea bags in water.
- Keep the moistened black tea bags in the refrigerator.
- Press these chilled moistened tea bags against the hair bumps.
- Do this for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy several times a day until you get rid of hair bumps.
11.) Witch Hazel to Treat Hair Bumps
Witch hazel contains astringent properties, which makes it very effective in curing all kinds of skin irritations including razor bumps. The salicylate compounds present in witch hazel prevents pimples and blisters. Cleaning your skin with witch hazel removes all sorts of impurities and prevents the skin pores from clogging. Witch hazel not only heals the hair bumps but also reduces the itching, pain and inflammation caused by it. All you need to do is slather it on the affected area.
12.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
The anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin minimizes the redness and pain caused by razor bumps. All you need to do is mix two tablets of aspirin in one teaspoon of warm water to make a paste. Apply this aspirin paste on the razor bumps. After 10 to 15 minutes, wash the area with warm water. Repeat the remedy twice a day to accelerate the healing process.
Tips to Prevent Hair Bumps:
- Exfoliate the skin with a good facial scrub.
- Lubricate your skin before you start shaving.
- Avoid shaving too quickly.
- Don’t scratch the hair bumps.
- Don’t tweeze if you have curly hair.
- Make sure that you shave your hair in the direction of hair growth.
- Make sure you use good quality shaving products.