In my previous article about headaches, we did learn about the causes and a few natural remedies that must have surely helped you to get rid of headaches and fight the cause. While developing an article we always try to come up with a whole new set of remedies that help you to get rid of the cause and lead a healthy life. While working on this article, we thought of changing our criteria of those same old kitchen remedies and come with some varied guidance. Before discussing those unique “get rid” ideas, let’s have a quick recap of the previous article and make the new readers familiar with what are we talking about. As I am pretty much sure that there are a lot of new readers on the page other than the daily religious followers.
“The Recap Article”
As I talked in the previous article, Headaches can actually be a sign of various medical conditions, varying from normal to severe. Also termed as “Migraine” it is actually a symptom of pain, anywhere in the region of your head including the neck. Some of the common causes of headaches include stress, sleep deprivation, side effects of a few medications, viral infections, common cold, flu, effects of recreational drugs, a head injury, depression, hangover, and sinus.
Stats say that about half of the adults suffer from headaches in a given year but, the causes may be different depending upon their medical conditions. About 1.6 million people that are, a total of 21.8% of the population suffer from headaches caused due to stress, tension, and fatigue. Whereas 88 million of the other part of the population that is 11.7 in percentage, suffer from headaches caused due a medical condition called Migraine.
Classification of Headaches:
Headaches are mostly classified into three different categories:
1. Primary Headaches
Primary headaches are the most common types of headaches that are a reason for stress, tension, fatigue, depression, migraines and cluster headaches.
2. Secondary Headaches
These headaches are usually a symptom of a head injury, illness or sinus infection. Sometimes overuse of a particular medication can also cause these type of headaches. They can be a result of a toothache, infected teeth, or an infected sinus. There are chances of life-threatening medical conditions like bleeding in the brain or infectious meningitis.
3. Cranial Neuralgia, Facial Pain, and Other Headaches
The term Cranial Neuralgia which means the pain and inflammation in the either of the cranial nerve coming from the brain. Their work is to control the muscles and carry sensory signals.
Immediate medical help is advisable if the reason behind a headache is fever, the stiffness of the neck, any kind of weakness, change in sensation on either side of the body, vomiting or change in vision.
So, this is enough of the recap session and it’s time to come to the point. Here in this article, you will learn some of the mouth savoring drinks that will not only pamper your taste buds but, will also help to help you to get rid of headaches effectively.
Drinks to Get Rid of Headaches
1. Almond Milk to Get Rid of Headaches
Due to being rich in magnesium and other essential minerals, almonds are a great remedy to get rid of headaches. Salicin present in almonds is an addition to its health benefits that help to cure a dreaded headache and migraine pain. This is because when consumed the salicin converts into salicin acid which is a byproduct of aspirin. Thus, it also acts as a natural painkiller without involving any side effects.
- Simply crush a few almonds.
- Add them to a cup of boiling milk.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Cover with the lid and let it cool down to normal room temperature.
- This will allow the nutrients of almonds to infuse into the milk.
- Drink this milk twice daily to get rid of headaches.
- Regular consumption will also help to prevent its recurrence.
2. Feverfew Tea to Get Rid of Headaches
Feverfew is an age-old and popular remedy for migraine patients. It acts as a preventative for migraine pains and also restricts their recurrence in future. All these benefits make it an essential home remedy to get rid of headaches caused due to a migraine attack.
- Simply add a few feverfew leaves to a pot of boiling water.
- Simmer on low flame for a few minutes.
- Top it with a tablespoon of honey to enhance the taste.
- Sip on it slowly.
- This will help to get rid of headaches effectively.
- Repeat the remedy twice daily.
- Do not take the tea continuously for more than a week.
- Feverfew is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Do not pair the tea with aspirin together. Prefer either the feverfew tea or aspirin, not both of them together to cure headaches.
3. Liquid Fish Oil to Get Rid of Headaches
Fish oil is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and also a powerful natural anti-inflammatory that helps to lower the pressure build up in the vessels that are found in your brain. It also decreases the risk of clotting, including lowered blood pressure and is helpful in maintaining regulate heart rhythms.
- While consuming fish oil directly can be a bit eww for your mouth.
- You can top it up on your smoothies and fruit juices.
- This will also give desired results.
- It is also available in the form of tablets for easy intake.
4. Warm Lemonade to Get Rid of Headaches
Lemon potent natural detoxifying properties, that helps to flush out the toxins from your body. It is also helpful to reduce the intensity of headaches especially when it is a result of gastrointestinal distress. All these benefits make lemon an essential natural remedy to get rid of headaches.
- Simply warm up a glass of water and squeeze a whole lemon in it.
- Top it up with a tablespoon of honey.
- Now sip on this drink slowly to get rid of headaches.
- Repeat the remedy until the intensity of pain reduces or is completely cured.
5. Peppermint Tea to Get Rid of Headaches
Peppermint potent natural properties that help to soothe the nerve and muscle spasm, as they are responsible for transmitting the signals to the brain, thus resulting in a throbbing headache. Eventually, making it an effective natural remedy to get rid of headaches.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water in a pot.
- Add a few peppermint leaves to this water.
- Simmer for a few seconds then remove from the flame.
- Cover with a lid and let the tea steep for a few minutes.
- Top it with honey, quantity as preferred.
- Finally, sip on the tea slowly to get rid of headaches.
- Have it twice daily for better results.
6. Ginger Tea to Get Rid of Headaches
Ginger has natural relaxant properties that help to soothe the blood vessels and also regulate the flow of blood. It also potent natural anti-inflammatory properties that work great in reducing the pain. Another addition to the benefits of ginger is that it is known to trigger the natural opiates present in the brain, thus helping to get rid of headaches.
- Simply add a teaspoon of freshly crushed ginger root in a cup of boiling water.
- Simmer the tea over a low flame.
- Now, strain it into a cup and top it with honey.
- Finally, sip on the tea slowly to get rid of headaches.
- You can also add crushed ginger roots in your regular tea recipe.
- This will also give the same effect and cure a headache.