After writing about how to treat bruises?, home remedies for poison ivy, and how to hide hickey?, Here is another useful article on how to get rid of hickies in a day? A hickey is popularly known as a love bite or kisses mark. It is basically a kind of bruise. Hickeys are caused because of sucking or kissing the skin too hard. This leads to the broken capillaries and blood clot that turns the skin to red or purple. It can last for more than a month but will heal with time. When it is healed, there is hardly any kind of blemish or scar left behind. But, having a hickey where others can see it is quite awkward. You can hide hickeys with clothing or some sort of makeup. Read the article below to know the remedies to get rid of hickies.
Top Remedies to Get Rid of Hickies In a Day
1.) Use The Herb Parsley
Parsley is a superb herb that helps in decreasing the swelling and pain and helps the hickeys to disappear fast.
- Take some leaves of parsley and make a fine paste of it by grinding them.
- Now, apply this fine paste on your hickeys and wait for ten minutes.
- You can also cover your hickey with an elastic bandage.
- Follow this method daily for a few days, till you get rid of redness and inflammation of hickeys.
2.) Use The Essential Oil
You can use a range of essential oils to massage on your hickey area for a couple of days to treat it. It helps in improving the blood circulation to the hickey area and eliminating the blood clots.
Method-1: Grape Seed Oil
- Take four spoons of grape seed oil in a bowl.
- Mix five drops of calendula oil, a few drops of fennel oil, and one drop of cypress oil to it.
- Stir these oils well and use it to massage slowly on your hickeys.
- Follow this method for a few days or two weeks to get complete relief from the pain and blood clots of hickeys.
Method-2: Lavender Oil
- Take a few drops of lavender oil and add it with few drops of carrier oil, like coconut oil, olive oil, Shea butter or castor oil.
- Stir it well and apply this on your hickeys and cover it with a bandage to get relief.
- Continue this daily for a few days and in no time your hickeys will fade away.
3.) Use The Comfrey Leaves
Comfrey is a very ancient herbal remedy that is used for centuries for small cuts, hickeys and sprains. It can be used initially as a cold tea compress, and later after a few days, it can be applied as a warm compress.
- Take one spoon of dried comfrey leaves and put it in one cup of boiling water.
- Strain it after boiling it for a few minutes.
- Let it become cool at room temperature and then freeze it for a few hours.
- Next, take a cloth and soak it in this solution.
- Place the cloth on your hickeys or cuts for a few minutes.
- Continue this method several times a day for a week, and then the same method should be used a warm compress.
- This cold compress and later on warm compress will heal your hickeys and cuts very fast.
4.) Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal hickeys on the body.
Method-1: Apple Cider Vinegar Compress
- In a bowl, take one to two spoons of apple cider vinegar depending on your affected area.
- Add some water to dilute it.
- Next take a soft towel and soak it in this solution.
- Apply it on your hickeys as a compress for a few minutes.
- Continue this method several times in a day and you will see a huge improvement in your hickeys.
Method-2: Onion with Apple Cider Vinegar
- This tip is very beneficial if you are dealing with any kind of pain and swelling caused by hickeys.
- In the same above apple cider solution, just put a raw onion piece, or else you can dry roast an onion for putting in it.
- Just mix it well and use this solution on your hickey.
- Wait for a few minutes and then clean it off.
- Repeat this daily for two times in a day till you sees any relief from the pain and swelling of hickeys.
5.) Apply The Ice Pack
Using ice packs frequently helps in decreasing pain and puffiness related to the hickey. Ice helps to prevent any sort of blood clots in the skin or tissues by tightening the blood vessels.
- Take some ice cubes and tie it in a cloth.
- On your affected area, place this ice pack for 10-15 minutes.
- When you see that the ice cubes start to melt, just change it with other cubes.
- This is a first aid for the hickey. You can do this as soon as you get a hickey.
- Follow this method in every alternate hour for the first day.
- A pouch of frozen peas or vegetables can also be used to treat hickey.
- This will help to lower hickey in your body.
- You can also dip a cloth in cold water and apply it over the hickey as it might be difficult to handle the cooling sensation of ice.
- You can add few drops of lavender oil, in this cold water for a soothing effect.
6.) Use The Spinach Paste
This green fiber vegetable is a great source of vitamins and minerals. It is loaded with Vitamin K that plays an important role in lowering hickeys and regulating blood clotting. You should eat spinach in your everyday meal. Boil it and have it every day.
- Take a few spinach leaves and use a grinder to make a fine paste out of it.
- Apply this fine paste on your hickeys and wait for a few minutes.
- Clean it with water.
- This paste can even be applied under your eyes to remove dark circles.
- Follow this method two times in a day for a few days, till you totally treat the hickeys on your skin.
7.) Make An Herbal Paste
This herbal paste is loaded with turmeric, garlic, mustard oil and onion juice. All these ingredients are very healthy in curing skin hickeys. It helps in lowering the inflammation and pain, caused by the hickeys or minor cuts.
- Take three spoons each of onion juice, turmeric powder and garlic paste in a bowl.
- Add three spoons of mustard oil to it and stir it nicely.
- Warm this solution for few seconds on a low flame and then apply it to your hickey.
- Do this two times a day for a few days, till you get rid of hickey and swelling.
8.) Take Help From Arnica
Arnica is a herb that helps in decreasing pain and swelling. It also boosts up the curing process by improving blood circulation to the hickey area.
Method-1: Direct Application
- Take a few drops of arnica gel in your finger tips and apply it slowly on your hickey.
- You can also use arnica tincture by diluting it with some water.
- Apply this arnica gel on your hickey for two to three times in a day, till your hickeys heal.
Method-2: Arnica with Other Essential Oil
- Take one spoon of arnica tincture with the same quantity of witch hazel bark and chamomile flowers in a deep bowl.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil and two spoons of cold water to it.
- Mix well and take a soft towel.
- Dip this towel in this mixture and apply it on your hickey for a few minutes.
- Follow this method two times in a day for a few days to heal your hickeys and blood clot.
9.) Aloe Vera Will Help
Aloe Vera is a natural cleanser that will help lower the sensitivity of the skin affected with a hickey. Also, its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties will help the skin capillaries to heal faster, beneath your skin.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera gel and rub the gel into the hickey. Do this two to three times in a day.
- You can also use Aloe Vera cream if you do not have an Aloe Vera plant at home.
- Apply it on the hickey two to three times in a day for a few days.
10.) Rub The Banana Peel
Banana peels have calming as well as freshening properties that can help to reduce your hickey fast.
- Take the peel of a banana.
- Cut it into the same size of your hickey.
- Rub the inside of the peel on the hickey for a few minutes.
- Do this a few times in a day to lower the appearance of the hickey.
11.) Rubbing Alcohol to Prevent Hickey
Rubbing alcohol has a very calming and cooling effect, which help reduce the blood clot due to hickey. It is also an excellent disinfectant. Be prepared because this home remedy will only work if used within the first few hours of getting a hickey. Also, keep your skin moisturized with your favorite lotion because alcohol is known for drying up the skin.
12.) Use The Tea Bag
Warm or any used tea bags are an efficient way to treat a hickey on your forehead or neck. It acts as a warm compress for the skin. The heat of the tea bag acts as a hot compressor, while the curing effects of the tea make sure that your dead skin cells repair fast.
13.) Tuna to Prevent Hickey
This one might come as quite the shock that tuna oil acts as a great home remedy to treat hickey because of its rich omega and vitamin E properties. These are an important component for skin recovery. Massaging with tuna oil on your skin for about 10-15 minutes for a few days is great to completely remove all the visible signs of a hickey.
14.) Coin to Cure Hickey
This isn’t something that can consume, but you can use a coin as a tool to scratch off the damaged skin cells. All you need to stretch your skin gently with two fingers and then scrape away from the centre of your hickey. The basic purpose is that this “scraping” will help break down the blood clot and will spread it to the tissue surrounding it.
15.) Toothpaste to Treat Hickey
Toothpaste is another surprise treatment on the list of home remedies for hickeys. The fluoride in toothpaste helps increase blood flow to and from a hickey, assuring that the blood clot disappears much faster than it normally does. You might feel a slight tingling sensation, but that’s just the toothpaste doing its work. Always go for mint based toothpaste and not the gel ones.
16.) Apply Makeup to Cover Up a Hickey
Makeup will not only jazz up your look but also hide the hickey. Firstly, apply a makeup primer on the hickey so that your makeup stays up for a longer time. To get rid of that purplish tint use a yellow based concealer. Now, apply a green concealer to hide the redness caused by hickey. At last use your regular foundation to and blend the outer edges so that everything looks normal. You will be surprised to see that your hickey is almost gone.
17.) Kill it Out with a Fashion Scarf
Hickey can make you feel really embarrassed in public especially if you have to attend an important meeting the next day. Of course, you just can’t remove it in a day. But obviously, you can hide it. A scarf is a great way to jazz up your boring look and hide the hickey. If it’s summers, then a fashion scarf is a great way to cover up the hickey and enhance your personality. If it’s winters, then everything is in your favor.
18.) Heat Pack to Treat Hickeys
This is an effective method if it has been 2 to 3 days and your hickey is still not going. The heat breaks the blood clots and improves circulation due to which the hickey gets healed. All you need to do is soak a towel in warm water and squeeze the excess water out. Press the towel against the hickey for 4 to 5 minutes. Do this several times a day for best results.