Suffering from kidney stone disorder is very common. In the US, around 4 in 20 at any age are suffering from a kidney stone. You can suffer from kidney stone disorder at any age, but suffering from this is common between 20 to 40. Most of the people who are suffering from a kidney stone will find it recurs again. In this article, we will try to help you to get rid of kidney stones with some easy steps.
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones form in the kidney, in the ureter or in the bladder. Stones can be of different sizes and shapes. It forms in different sizes from tiny crystals to as large as potatoes in size. Kidney functions to filter blood and remove excess waste chemicals and water hence produce urine. These chemicals are dissolved in urine and get flushed out of the body. But sometimes few small particles stuck into the kidney and form small stones.
What are the Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
Kidney stone pain is the worst pain one can ever experience in their whole life. Here are few common sign and symptoms of kidney stone:
- Sudden and severe pain which comes and goes.
- Common areas which are affected during kidney stone are the back, abdomen, groin, side, and genitals.
- Sometimes blood in the urine
- Feeling Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent and painful urination
Tips to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
1.) Drink Water to Cure Kidney Stones
Water is the best remedy to get rid of kidney stones. People who are suffering from kidney stone should drink at least 2 to 3 liters water to produce enough urine. Drinking lots of water flushes out all the toxins out of the body. So keep yourself hydrated if you want to get rid of kidney stones.
If you don’t like the taste of water or got bored with the regular water then you can drink flavored water. You can add lemon, orange, and other fruits to make it more tasty and healthy.
2.) Lemon Juice and Olive Oil to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
Lemon juice and olive oil are used as a home remedy to get rid of kidney stones since ages. As lemon is citric in nature and citric acid break down the calcium particle and protects them from stone growth.
- Olive oil- 4 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- 4 tablespoons
- Take equal amount of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix this mixture and drink.
- Follow this process with plenty of water.
- Do this twice or thrice a day for three days. Don’t continue if you pass the stone in one dose.
Note: Consult your doctor before using this treatment.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Kidney Stones
Due to its alkalinizing effect on urine and blood, apple cider vinegar helps to vanish kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tablespoon
- Honey- 1 teaspoon
- Water- one cup
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey in 2 tablespoons.
- Add one cup warm water to the mixture and stir it well.
- Drink this at least 4-5 times a day to get rid of kidney stones
4.) Kidney Beans to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
They are called kidney beans because of their shape. These bean pods are used as an effective home remedy to get rid of kidney stones.
- Remove beans from the pods.
- Boil these pods in hot water for around 6 hours.
- Strain the water with cheesecloth.
- Drink this water when it is cooled.
- Consume this at least 5-6 times a day to soothe kidney stone pain.
5.) Organic Celery to Treat Kidney Stones
Celery seeds and vegetable are very effective to get rid of kidney stones. Both the seeds and vegetable are great kidney tonic and urine-promoters. Regular consumption of celery can prevent kidney stone. Due to its anti-spasmodic properties, it has the ability to ease kidney stone pain. Raw celery juice acts as a diuretic, which raise the urine volume and flush out the kidney stones.
- Drink at least one glass of celery juice daily to prevent stones from forming.
- You can use seeds to get rid of kidney stones.
- Make a tea with celery seed which has the ability to prevent kidney stones.
6.) Basil to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
You can take basil tea throughout a day to get rid of kidney stone. Basil is also called the kidney tonifier because it is good for overall kidney health. If you are suffering from kidney stone drink pure basil juice to get rid of it.
- Take a handful of basil leaves.
- Extract juice from these leaves.
- Drink that juice daily for six months.
7. Nettle Leaf Tea to Treat Kidney Stone Naturally
Nettle tea is popularly used to treat joint pain and cure seasonal allergies and symptoms. But it is also used as a powerful diuretic and also an anti-bacterial in nature. Drink two cups of nettle leaf tea daily to get rid of kidney stones. It also prevents the tract infections caused due to kidney stones
8.) Pomegranate to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
Due to stringent properties pomegranate and its seeds are very helpful to get rid of kidney stones. Consume a whole pomegranate or drink a glass of fresh pomegranate juice daily. You can make pomegranate a part of your salad. Another thing you can do to consume it is; make a fine paste of pomegranate seeds. Consume this paste daily with horse gram soup daily. This remedy is very helpful to get rid of kidney stone.
9.) Watermelon to Treat Kidney Stones
Watermelon is also a very effective way to get rid of kidney stone. It is good to treat stone which is formed of calcium, magnesium phosphate, and carbonates. The potassium found in watermelon is very important for the good health of kidneys. It also regulates the acid level in urine. Watermelon also contains the high amount of water, which is very helpful to flush out all the toxins. Consuming watermelon is a very effective treatment to cure kidney stone as well as prevent from kidney stones.
10.) Horse Gram Powder to Cure Kidney Stones
It is also very effective to get rid of kidney stones.
- Add 1 cup of horse gram powder in half a liter boiled water.
- Let it boil till it reduces to 1/5th part.
- Strain the remaining water.
- Mix two tablespoon of crushed pomegranate paste to it.
- Drink this soup once a day.
Tips to Prevent Kidney Stones:
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Avoid too much meat intake and fish.
- Consume fruits rich in potassium.
- Avoid too much salt intake in your diet.
- Add ACV and lemon juice to almost every beverage.
- Don’t eat non-fermented soy.
- Consume magnesium on the daily basis.
- Don’t take artificial sweeteners.
- Do not take alcohol on daily basis and in a large amount.
Few Tips to Follow:
The food you need when you are suffering from a kidney disorder plays an important role in your treatment. So follow some dietary tips shared by professionals to get rid of kidney stones.
- Cut down sugar from your diet if you want to get rid of stone. Avoid full cream milk and sweet yogurt. Go for fat-free or skim milk and sugar-free curd.
- Avoid banana, dried food, papaya and mango during kidney disorder.
- Eat apple, orange, pineapple, berries, watermelon, pears etc to get rid of kidney stones.
- You can consume fish, lean meat and poultry, but avoid salami, bacon, red meat and hot dogs.
- Say bye-bye to chocolate, candy, and salted nuts.
- Keep yourself hydrated all day long to get rid of kidney disorder. Lots of water consumption helps to flush out kidney stones.
- But keep water intake in limit because excessive water can also damage the kidney.