In this article, we will discuss various remedies to get rid of Neck Fat, but first, let’s get to know about Neck fat and its various causes. Neck fat also termed as Bulbous Neck is a condition where a lot of fat is accumulated around the neck area, making it look fat. We also indicate it as Double Chin. That extra layer of fat accumulated near the neck and under the chin is an unlikely sight and is caused due to extra body weight. It is also a sign of aging. This baggy skin is the result of the mylohyoideus muscle, which lies underneath the chin and loses its elasticity with time. It may not have any harmful effects to the body, but can seem unattractive and affect the individual’s self-confidence. The accumulated fat, if ignored for a long period of time, can also contribute to certain health conditions.
Causes of Neck Fat
Being overweight or an obese are both caused by an energy imbalance, sometimes a lot more energy is consumed in terms of nutrition than the amount that is actually required by the body. Many Americans are not physically active and this makes them more prone to being overweight. The reason behind this is that people do not burn the number of calories that they consume.
Some of the rare causes of obesity also include genetic factors or inherited dispositions that lead towards weight gain and fat accumulation in the body.
2.) Cushing’s Syndrome
Cushing’s syndrome, also referred as hypercortisolism is a hormonal disorder. This is the result of the body’s tissues being exposed to high levels of the hormonal cortisol for over a long period of time. Though, this is one of the rare reasons for causing neck fat or fat accumulation in the body and affects to adults between 20-15- years old and is more often active in type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure patients.
People suffering from this syndrome usually get the fat accumulated in their upper body with relatively slender arms and legs.
Risks of Neck Fat
Doctors measure the fat in the gut, known as visceral adipose tissue in order to determine the rate of risk of cardiovascular disease. Fat in the neck can also risk the patient with some of the common heart troubles, like high cholesterol and diabetes. Neck fat can also lead to the risk of Sleep Apnea by blocking the airways in the throat.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Neck Fat
1.) Egg Whites Tighten the Skin
Egg whites are known to be a rich source of proteins which will help to tighten the skin and the pores, giving a natural facelift by removing fine lines and sagging. With regular application it will help to remove the dead cells, leaving behind healthy and brighter looking skin, thus eliminating the double chin effect. Thus it is an effective remedy to get rid of neck fat.
- Mix only the egg whites of 2 eggs with a tablespoon of milk, a tablespoon of honey, 2-3 drops of peppermint oil and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to the face, neck and the chin area.
- Leave to tighten for 30 minutes or more to let it completely dry.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the remedy every 2 weeks in order to get effective results.
2.) Wheat Germ Oil Treats Neck Fat
Wheat Germ Oil is considered a rich source of essential nutrients like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin E (prevents skin from aging), folic acid, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. The regenerative powers of Wheat Germ tighten saggy skin and reduce extra fat that is accumulated around the area. It also moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft for a longer period of time. WGO is also helpful to lighten the skin tone. All these benefits make it an effective remedy to get rid of neck fat.
- Apply the oil to your chin and neck area before going to bed.
- Massage for at least 15-20 minutes with the oil by putting your thumb on the bottom of the neck and moving it in an upward direction.
- Leave overnight and rinse it the next morning.
- Repeat this remedy regularly in order to get effective results.
3.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Neck Fat
Cocoa butter is known to have excellent emollient and moisturizing properties that help to eradicate sagging of the skin and dead cells that lead to an aging appearance on the skin. It is a rich source of anti-oxidants that can clear free radicals on the skin and also eliminate stress. The high amounts of fatty acids present in it help to deeply hydrate the skin giving more elasticity.
- Warm Cocoa Butter for 1-2 minutes and apply it on your face, neck, and the chin.
- Massage for 15-20 minutes by putting your thumb on the bottom of your neck and slowly moving upwards.
- Repeat this remedy regularly before going off to sleep in order to get better results.
4.) Melons Do the Trick
Melons are known to be a rich source of water containing 95% of it, that helps to hydrate and soothe the skin. It is also rich in vitamins, proteins, phosphorus and calcium and contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-aging properties that fight free radicals and prevent the skin from sagging. The Vitamin A content help to clear free radical formation and keeps the skin young and healthy, whereas Vitamin B acts as a toner for the skin.
- Blend a few melon pieces to make the juice.
- Apply it on the skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse with plain water.
- Repeat twice or thrice daily in order to get effective results.
- You can also blend apples or milk for added results.
5.) Vitamin E: Skin Essentials
Vitamin E provides essential benefits to the skin and prevents many skin related problems like aging, sagging etc. It improves skin texture, making it healthy, moisturized and maintaining the elasticity, also reducing puffiness. The anti-oxidants makes the skin smooth and eradicate the bacteria. Vitamin E is also good for a suntan.
- Rub Vitamin E oil to the neck and chin area and massage it for 2-5 minutes by putting your thumb on the bottom of your neck and slowly moving upwards.
- Repeat the process daily in order to get effective results.
6.) Glycerin Hydrates the Skin
Glycerin contains glycerol, which is used in various cosmetic products. It helps to hydrate, moisturize and clear the skin without any harmful side effects. Glycerine is helpful to get rid of wrinkles, acne, blackheads and pimples, also prevents accumulation of fat around the neck area. It proves to be an effective remedy to get rid of neck fat easily.
- Mix a tablespoon of glycerin with ½ tablespoon of Epsom salt, 2-3 drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply this mixture to the neck and chin area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for almost half an hour and rinse with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy twice or thrice for effective results.
7.) Milk has Anti-Aging Properties
Milk contains lactic acid and other essential nutrients like calcium, vitamins A, B6, B12, D, biotin, protein, potassium, selenium, and magnesium that help to keep your body healthy. It hydrates and moisturizes the skin, also lightens skin tone. On the other hand, selenium acts as an anti-aging element and helps to get rid of free radicals. Calcium and Vitamin D content in milk help to boost collagen production, thus promoting the elasticity of the skin. It tightens the skin and helps to get rid of neck fat and bagginess around the area.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of milk with 2-3 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture to the neck and chin area.
- Let it work on the skin for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process regularly until you get the desired results.
8.) Chin Wraps Help to Get Rid of Neck Fat
These are helpful in order to get rid of neck fat and reduce bagginess.
- Apply mineral oil to your chin and neck with a cotton ball.
- Wrap the clear foil around your neck area covering the chin.
- You can also give a hot compress or cover it with a towel soaked in lukewarm water.
- Leave it to work for 45 minutes, and then remove the clear foil.
- Repeat the method regularly in order to get effective results.
Top 4 Exercises to Get Rid of Neck Fat
Step 1. Lift the Chin
- Stand straight and tilt your head backward to look towards the ceiling.
- Purse your lips together in order to stretch the skin even more.
- Hold onto this position for 5 seconds and then come back to your normal posture.
- Relax your body after the exercise.
- Repeat the exercise 4-5 times regularly for best results.
Step 2. Roll the Neck
- These exercises not only stretch the muscles of the neck, throat, and jaw, but also ease shoulder pain and tension.
- Stand straight and slowly turn your head to the left side while breathing in, bring the chin close to the left shoulder
- Now, slowly turn your head towards the right and bring it close to the right shoulder.
- Continue this for 5-6 times.
- Now, slowly bend your head down while breathing in and bring the chin close to your chest.
- Then bring it upwards while breathing out until you feel a gentle stretch in your muscles and skin.
- Continue this for at least 5-6 times.
- This will complete the whole process and repeat this regularly will help to get better results.
Step 3. Platysma Muscle
- The platysma muscle is situated at the front of your neck and under the chin. If this muscle begins to sag, it creates an awful double chin also referred to as Turkey Neck. This exercise tones the muscle and helps to get rid of neck fat.
- Stand straight and pull your lips backward against the teeth, making the corners of the mouth turn downwards.
- Open the mouth slightly keeping the lip pressed tightly against the teeth.
- Wiggle the lower jaw up and down and sidewards for about 5-10 times.
- Repeat this exercise regularly for best and effective results.
Step 4. Say the Vowels
- Pronounce the entire vowels with extreme and wide lip movements (A, E, I, O, and U).
- Repeat the exercise 10 times daily in order to get better results.