Pain is distressing, especially when you have stomach pain. Sometimes, your stomach decides your mood, when your stomach is happy you feel more energetic from inside and outside, but when you have the upset stomach you feel sad and unfocused. A sudden stomach pang is very irritable and can’t make you focus on anything. Stomach pain is a very tricky thing because it happens for various reasons like Gastric problem, Indigestion, and other disorders, therefore treatment depends on upon its causes. This article will tell you how to get rid of stomach pain.
Stomach pain is also known as abdominal pain. The most common symptom is associated with both temporary, non-serious disorder, and serious condition. A very common cause of Stomach pain is gastroenteritis and irritable bowel symptom. Stomach pain mainly occurs various factors like Food allergy, depression, ulcer, thyroid disease and excessive intake of alcohol. Other factors that trigger stomach pain like overeating, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, dehydration and certain foods like burger and chips. Although it is advisable to go medical check-up if it’s happening from very long time and incurable, there are many home remedies also you can try to get rid of stomach pain.
Major Causes of Stomach Pain:
- Food Allergies.
- Food poisoning.
- Infection in the stomach.
- Menstrual cramps.
- Infection in the Urinary Tract.
- Stone in the kidney.
- Infection in the gall bladder.
Symptoms of Stomach Pain:
- The loss of appetite.
- Difficulty in passing stool.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Passage of blood while vomiting.
- Tightness in the abdomen.
Different Remedies to Get Rid Of Stomach Pain
Don’t worry, when that stomach pain is coming on and it’s difficult to take your mind off of the pain, you should immediately try these amazing home remedies to get rid of stomach pain.
1. Lemon Water to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
Inability to digest food and absorb food by the digestive system, cause indigestion that triggers stomach pain. A lemon water is very helpful in to get rid of stomach pain easily. It contains high acids, which stimulate the production of hydrochloric acid, which breaks down the food. Lemon keeps the system flushed and running smoothly.
- Boil one glass of water in utensil on the stove.
- Remove it from heat and let it warm.
- Pour the warm water into a glass.
- Pick a fresh lemon.
- Squeeze the lemon and get the juice out of it.
- Mix the lemon juice into the water.
- Drink it slowly.
- Try this remedy for 2-3 times a day.
- You will get instant relief from stomach pain.
2. Ginger to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
A Ginger has been used for many treatments including stomach ache, which cause irritation and discomfort. The Ginger has inflammatory properties, which helps in reducing the stomach pain, indigestion, and hyper acids. It contains strong anti-oxidant like gingerols, and shogaol, which stops the radical production and also damage to the body.
- Take a one ginger root of 1-2 inches.
- Grate or Chop 1-2 inches of ginger root.
- Add one cup of water in the utensil and chopped ginger in it.
- Boil it for 3 minutes and Simmer for 2 more.
- Remove it from the heat and add honey for better taste, drink it slowly and relaxed.
3. Fennel Seeds to Getting Rid of Stomach Pain
If your stomach is caused by indigestion, then Fennel seeds are the easiest remedy to treat the stomach pain. As channel seeds contain anethole, a volatile oil that helps in secretion of digestive juices to help move things along. To try this remedy, you just need to chew ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds after the meal. If you are suffering from gastric and inflammation then seeds will surely help you.
Note: Avoid consuming fennel seeds if you are pregnant.
4. Drink Club Soda and Lime to Get Rid of Stomach Pain Faster
As lemon contains high acids, which stimulate the production of hydrochloric acids which break down the food. Both soda and lime make an amazing combo to get relief from stomach ache. You have an easy drink to sip and wash away the pain. As club soda will encourage you to burp, therefore leaving pressure on your belly. It has shown a wonderful result on dyspepsia and indigestion.
- Take 8 ounces of club soda in a glass.
- Add fresh lime juice to it.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day to get instant relief from stomach pain.
5. Use a Hot Pack to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
Heat is mainly for relaxation, comfort and works effectively in the severe kind of pain like cramps, stiffness, and sensitivity. The word ‘hot’ pack isn’t truly means hot, just warm. Heating pack or hot pack will give you relief instantly when you will use. Heat helps in loosening and relaxed muscles. Heating pack or hot pack will surely help you to get rid of stomach pain.
- A hot pack or hot water bottle.
- Lie down on your bed comfortably.
- Keep the hot pack on your stomach for 20-30 minutes.
- You can use heat pack 2-3 times when it’s necessary.
6. Enjoy Some Mint to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
When your stomach feels like a balloon full of gas, you immediately run for mind candy or mint tea. Yes, it’s true that mint candy is very helpful in stomach and indigestion. It contains some compounds which activate pain channel in the colon. This channel called TRPM8, which may also reduce the pain which happens from spicy foods like mustard and chilies. Mint oil also used beneficially in medical treatment.
- Take some fresh peppermint leaves or a 1-2 teaspoon of dried leaves into some boiling water.
- Cover the mug with a utensil and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the water.
- Drink this concoction slowly to cure stomach pain.
- You can also directly chew the leaves of peppermint or you can make teabags of peppermint.
7. A Cup of Chamomile Tea to Getting Rid of Stomach Pain
To get rid of stomach pain faster, you can also drink Chamomile tea which is available in the store or you can make it on your own by using dried chamomile flowers which are easily available in the store. Chamomile is anti-inflammatory in nature, which helps in the smooth movement of food through the alimentary canal and prevents stomach ache. It also controls appetite and prevents sleeping disorder.
- Take 1 teabag of chamomile tea or 1 teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers.
- Put the tea bag in a mug, pour the boiling water on it and cover the mug letting it steep for 10 minutes.
- Slip this mixture slowly and feel relaxed.
8. Rice Water to Treat Stomach Pain
A rice water, water which is left over when you separate rice after rice cooked. Rice water is anti-inflammatory in nature works as a barrier over a membrane. This water gives you a soothing effect forming the line of the digestive system which gives you soothing relief. It’s very helpful in diarrhea.
- Take half the cup of rice with double amount of water.
- Put your rice in a pot on the stove, Cook the rice, over a medium-low heat.
- As the rice become soft, remove it from the heat and let it soak for 3 minutes covering it with lid.
- Separate the rice from the water and keep a cup of rice water, add honey, into a cup of rice water and drink it.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of stomach pain faster.
Some Useful Tips to Getting Rid of Stomach Pain:
- If you have a stomach ache, it’s advisable to avoid eating and over eating for few hours, eating only makes the pain worse.
- If possible lie down on a bed with a flat stomach and ensure that feet will stay at a higher level than your head.
- Resting and relaxing is essential for stomach ache.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, do not hold back gas let it pass otherwise this may result in bloating more pain.
- Avoid constipation.
- Drink ample amount of water, increase your fiber intake and do regular physical activity.
- Exercises are very helpful in for stressing the muscle, improving your respiratory and circulatory system.