After writing about how to get gum out of hair?, how to treat a torn toenail?, and how to get super glue off skin? Here comes our next article on How to get super glue off your fingers? Getting in contact with super glue is not a big thing. Getting super glue on hands is very common. So it is important to know the tips and tricks to get super glue off your fingers and other parts. If you don’t know the methods to remove the superglue then you may be at a risk of tearing off the skin as a result. This article is full of tips to get super glue off your fingers.
How Super Glue Works?
The main component in super glue is a cyanoacrylate. Cyanoacrylate is a chemical which is an acrylic resin which makes a bond very quickly. The only thing it needs to make bond is the hydroxyl ions found in water. Water molecules are traced almost everywhere in the surrounding air, which makes the glue to become more sticky. this chemical works best in moist conditions, that’s why it is not suggested to start gluing in a wet surface.
Tips and Tricks to Get Super Glue Off Your Fingers
1.) Using Nail Polish Remover
Using a nail polish remover is a good way to get super glue off your fingers. Select a good nail paint remover. Look for acetone in your nail paint remover. Acetone is a substance in nail paint remover, which helps to lose superglue for removal. Check the ingredients listed on your nail paint remover. Acetone should be there in ingredients.
- Apply nail paint remover to the glue exposed skin. It is safe to use acetone remover on small patches of skin.
- Swab a cotton pad in remover and apply on the affected area. Rub gently.
- In one use,you’ll be able to get super glue off your fingers.
- Do not use this remover to remove glue from sensitive body parts such as eyes, eyelid and eyebrows.
- Try to peel superglue off after it dissolves.
- After a few minutes of applying nail paint remover, you should notice the superglue is turning white and starts to flake off the skin.
- You can now gently peel the glue off the affected area.
- If the superglue is not coming off easily, you can use a nail file to rub the glue off the skin.
2.) Wash The Skin in Warm Water
Washing your fingers with warm water, several time can eventually get super glue off your fingers. It works even better if water is soapy. You can use any soap and warm water to wash your hand.
- Soak the affected area in a sink full of warm and soapy water.
- After few minutes, super glue will turn soft and you can easily peel it off to get super glue off your fingers.
- If you are able to peel it off then soak your hand for other several minutes. It will take more time to get super glue off your fingers.
3.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
Petroleum jelly can be very effective to get super glue off your fingers effectively. It also reduces the skin damage caused due to superglue exposer. If you don’t have petroleum jelly then buy this from any drugstore as it is easily available everywhere.
- Rub petroleum jelly on the affected area.
- Massage the skin for a few minutes on the affected skin with petroleum jelly.
- The superglue will begin to come off.
- Continue to massage until all the superglue flakes off.
- You can wash your hands with soap and water to remove excess glue and petroleum jelly from your hand.
4.) Vegetable Oil to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
Vegetable oil can also be utilized to get super glue off your fingers. Apply vegetable oil on the affected with a cloth or towel. Rub the cloth against the skin. Within a couple of minutes, superglue will start come off the fingers. Use almond oil or baby oil if you don’t have vegetable oil.
5.) Acetone to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
In order to remove super glue, use any kind of paint remover that is acetone based. This is a method is useful to get super glue off your fingers. Don’t use acetone if you have the sensitive skin.
- Wash and pat dry the hands.
- Apply a little amount of the acetone based remover to the glue affected fingers.
- Leave it until it becomes dry and tries to peel off the glue.
6.) Salt to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
Salt is one of the effective home remedies to get super glue off your fingers. The small grinding particles of salt will destroy the glue bond to get super glue off your fingers. You can make a paste of salt and water to get super glue off your fingers
- Combine a few drops of water in 2 tsp of salt to form the paste.
- Apply a small amount of this paste onto the glued area.
- Rub your fingers together for about one minute. Keep adding this mixture to the skin as required.
7.) Olive Oil to Remove Super Glue
Applying olive oil can also do miracles to remove the super glue without making skin damaged. Take a few drops of olive oil and put a pinch of salt to it. Rub this on the skin for a couple of minutes to remove super glue.
8.) Detergent to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
Treat the superglue with a little amount of liquid detergent. Take a little amount of water and put detergent to it. Immerse your hand in it for few minutes carefully. Wash it off with warm water and pat dry. Apply a little moisturizer as detergent can make your hand dry.
9.) Blunt Knife to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
A blunt knife is another way to get rid of super glue very effectively. Try to glue with a blunt knife when it becomes dry. It will work effectively to get super glue off your fingers. Apply a little amount of oil or moisturizer before starting this trick.
10.) Margarine to Get Super Glue off Your Fingers
Margarine is also an effective and easy way to get superglue off your fingers. This is good for people who have a sensitive skin. Use a little amount of grease to get super glue off your fingers. Rub some margarine again and again over the area till the glue comes off.
11.) Hand Lotion to Remove Super Glue:
This is one of the easiest way to remove super glue off your skin. The best thing about this remedy is that you can also any kind of body lotion and there are no side effects. The added benefit of this remedy is that your hands will be hydrated and moisturized. All you need to do is rub a little amount of any body lotion on that particular area. You will notice super glue coming out of the skin. Another benefit of this remedy is that you will not undergo any pain.
12.) Steps to Remove Super Glue From Lips:
- Boil a pot of water and allow it to cool a little. Soak your lips in this little warm water. Let it be for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Try to build saliva inside your mouth and push it towards the lips. The saliva will moisten the glue from inside while the warm water will work from outside.
- While your lips are submerged in warm water try to peel off the glue.
- Make sure the lips get enough moistened before you peel the glue otherwise you would hurt yourself.