After writing about how to give a hickey?, how long do hickeys last?, and how to get rid of a hickey?, Here comes our next article on how to hide a hickey? A hickey, also known as kiss mark is a kind of bruise. When you get lost in the blissful moment you suck the skin so hard that the capillaries break and the blood is pooled. A hickey is the result of these broken capillaries. This will heal with time and it does not leave any mark behind. But for sure it can make you feel embarrassed in front of others, especially if you are going to your office or college. There are numerous ways to hide and heal a hickey.
Easy Tricks to Hide a Hickey
1.) Fashion Accessory to Hide a Hickey:
This is one of the best methods to cover up your love bites. This will not only save you from getting embarrassed in public but will also give your hickey the time for complete healing. There is a variety of fashion accessory that you can use to hide a hickey. Some of them are turtlenecks, scarf, collared shirts. You can wear a fashion scarf to add beauty to your outfit. In this way, you will kill two birds with one stone. Another way of hiding a hickey is to make up a story. Cover the affected area with a bandage, then make an interesting story to tell your friends.
Those ladies who want to hide a hickey here is an important thing for you to remember. Don’t wear neck pieces or beautiful earrings. The reason behind this is that if you will wear such eye-catching accessory then your hickey will also grab the attention of people. You can wear a beautiful bracelet or trendy rings. Men also can wear watches instead of wearing chains. Don’t wear clothes that are having large logos around the neck, zippers and stripes. This can draw the attention of people and it will become difficult for you to hide your hickey.
2.) Makeup to Hide a Hickey:
It is sometimes impossible to hide a hickey with fashion accessories. For example, if you have a hickey on your cheeks you can’t cover it with a fashion accessory. The best part is this that even boys can apply makeup to hide the hickey without looking girlish. You just need the right type of makeup. Later, you can read our article on how to put on makeup?.
- Green or yellow corrector.
- Concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Makeup brush
How to Apply Makeup to Hide a Hickey?
- Yellow Corrector: The color wheel on the affected area will be purple from inside and red from outside. The trick is to neutralize the color of the hickey by applying the opposite color. Take a thin brush and apply a yellow corrector to the inside of the hickey.
- Green Corrector: Use a clean brush to apply the green corrector on the red part of the hickey. You should use a green corrector if your hickey is red, crimson or purple in color.
- Concealer: Use your makeup brush to apply an even layer of concealer that matches your skin tone. Dab it with your fingers to set it in its position. After applying the concealer coat the area with translucent powder to lock the concealer. Keep the concealer with you so that you can give a touch up if it smudges during the day.
- Foundation: For the extra coverage apply a layer of foundation. Use a brush to blend it so that it looks natural. All these steps will keep your hickey hidden.
3.) Attire to Hide a Hickey:
This is the easiest way to cover up your hickey. You can wear a turtleneck sweater or a turtleneck long sleeve shirt to hide your hickey. Make sure to wear a shirt or sweater that has a collar. The collar will hide the neck. Girls can wear tank tops with a high collar. This is trendy and hence will not look odd. Wear a bustier top so that people have no time to notice your neck and the hidden hickey.
4.) Use Toothbrush to Hide a Hickey:
A Toothbrush will not only cover up your hickey but will also heal it. The soft bristles of a toothbrush will increase the blood circulation in and around the affected area. It will spread the clotted blood in different directions. Don’t apply too much pressure, otherwise, the condition will become worse.
Steps to Use Toothbrush:
- Gently brush the hickey. Apply pressure in all the directions so that the blood spreads.
- Wait for about 15 to 20 minutes to reduce the redness and swelling.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a cloth and press the cloth against the hickey.
- Do this for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process again to promote recovery.
Note: When the blood will spread it will make easier for the body to clear the signs of a hickey.
5.) Heat the Hickey to Hide:
If its more than 3 to 4 days and your hickey is still hanging then you need a hot compress to clear the signs of that stubborn hickey. The heat compress will allow the clotted blood to spread and the new blood to come. This is a good method to hide a hickey as it dilates the blood capillaries.
Steps to Heat the Hickey:
- Soak a clean towel in warm water.
- Squeeze it to remove the extra water.
- Press it against the hickey.
- Dry the area and massage it gently with your fingers.
- This will increase the blood circulation in the affected areas and will promote quick recovery.
6.) Try Out the Cold Compress:
The hickey is formed due to the clotted blood so in order to hide and heal it, you will need to spread the blood by breaking the clot. A cold compress is one of the common remedies to do this. It will reduce the bleeding in the ruptured capillaries by constricting them.
Steps to do Cold Compress:
- Wrap some ice cubes in a cloth.
- Press the cloth against the hickey.
- Do this for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not apply ice directly as it can cause an ice burn.
- Alternatively, keep a set of spoons in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Press the cold spoon against the hickey.
7.) Tattoo Design to Hide a Hickey:
If you were planning to have a tattoo then hickey is a golden chance for you. It will motivate you to get a tattoo. The tattoo, in turn, will hide the hickey. So grab this amazing chance of getting your favorite tattoo.
8.) Hair Styles to Hide a Hickey:
Here comes another advantage of having long hair. If you have long hair then use it to hide your hickey. This simple way will kill two birds with one stone. But this method requires constant checking. If you do not pay enough attention there are chances that people will see your hickey. This is not a good choice for people having short hair. You can also buy a long weave or a stylish wig to hide your hickey.
Note: This method is not for men.
9.) Peppermint to Heal a Hickey:
Peppermint has a stimulant effect that helps in healing the hickey by improving the blood circulation. It also helps to heal the broken capillaries. You just have to rub peppermint oil on the hickey. Do this twice a day to promote recovery. Apply a peppermint toothpaste on the hickey and gently massage the area for a while. Clean the area with warm water.
10.) Alcohol to Treat a Hickey:
The disinfectant and cooling properties of wine will help you to get rid of a hickey fast. You just have to massage the affected area with alcohol. This will not only promote healing but will also reduce your discomfort. But remember to apply a moisturizer afterward as alcohol is very dry.
11.) Banana Peel for Hickey:
The soothing and cooling properties of banana will heal the hickey faster. Use the peel of a ripe banana to massage the affected area for about half an hour. Do this twice or thrice a day to reduce the appearance of the hickey. This is an amazing way to hide and heal a hickey.
12.) Aloe Vera to Heal a Hickey:
It promotes healing and reduces the sensitivity of the affected area. The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of Aloe Vera helps in healing the burst capillaries under the skin heal fast. Massage the affected area with fresh Aloe Vera gel. You can even bye an Aloe Vera based cream or lotion. The gel will reduce the appearance of the hickey and will speed up the healing process. Aloe Vera has moisturizing properties which make it a perfect choice for skin.
13.) Cocoa Butter to Heal a Hickey Fast:
This natural moisturizer is very helpful in treating skin problems and reducing inflammation. It is a great lotion and speeds up the development of new skin tissues. All you need to do is use a hot water bottle on the hickey and when the area is warm enough massage cocoa butter on that particular area. Continue that massage for a few minutes to separate the blood coagulation. Repeat the treatment 4 to 5 times a day for speedy results.
14.) Vitamin K to Speed Up the Healing Process:
Vitamin K is a very good choice to treat bruises as it prevents blood clots. It helps the body to reabsorb the pooled blood and accelerates the healing process. You can apply a cream rich in vitamin K 3 to 4 times a day for speedy results. Eat foods rich in vitamin K such as broccoli, spinach, kale, brown rice etc. for a few days. You can even take vitamin K supplements to accelerate the healing process.