What do you think about roaches? Do they look cute or attractive? No way, we do not like roaches, in fact, nobody likes roaches. When you go to your relatives place do you see little roaches in their kitchen and washroom? Sometimes they appear inside the fridge also. They are so irritating. In this article, we bring you some effective ways to kill roaches at home. But before that, we will discuss how these irritating roaches appear?
Roaches are the kind of insects, their size can be measured over 2 inches long. They have 6 legs and two antennae. Some species of roaches have wings too. Yes, they fly too, but most winged roaches can not adapt flying. They spread various diseases. They usually appear in garbage, pipes, gutter and near food. Some species of the roaches are good for the environment for recycling of organic material, dead plants, etc.
If you have not cleaned your kitchen and washroom for a long time, then go and clean it now. Because they occur in these places only. So keep cleaning your kitchen, washroom, fridge and room at least once in a month to get rid of them. Also, do not keep the dirty dishes in the sink for so long. Seal up all the cracks and holes in your house, these roaches hide them and comes out when nobody is watching them. There are some tricks which will help you to trap the roaches and throw them out of your home.
Top Remedies to Kill Roaches Faster
(A) Traps to Kill Roaches:
- Cyfluthrin kills roaches and there are so many insecticides available in the market, which contains cyfluthrin. Spray cyfluthrin contained insecticides where you find hidden roaches in your home, office and car, such as wall cracks, drainage, sink, pipes, etc. Keep the insecticides and pets away from it and store it in a childproof container.
- There are roaches traps available in the market, which contains a substance that sticks the roaches. When a roach enters the trap and tastes bait, it can never go back then. Place the trap near roaches’ living areas and place the trap for a week at least. Repeat this method after two weeks to get rid of roaches permanently.
- In the market, there are also available some bait, which contains a chemical gel that works as a poison for the roaches and slowly kills them. They roaches bring the bait to their nests, then the entire family of roaches eats the bait and get die. This method will take at least 2 weeks to kill the roaches permanently. Place the bait where you know roaches frequently come like, under the sink, washroom, cracks, near the dustbin, etc.
- Liquid concentrates also act as a poison for roaches. Liquid concentrates provide relief for up to 2 weeks from roaches and then apply it again. Dilute it with the water and spray it into the roaches’ nests, cracks, and pipes. You can also use it by mixing in the water to wipe the floor and other surfaces. Perform this method, again and again, to kill roaches faster.
- If you are tired of using different roach killers and they are not working, then you need a strong and professional pesticide. Professional pesticides contain the chemicals named Cypermethrin, which kill not only roaches but all the insects. The effect of professional pesticides will last for 3 to 4 months at least. But do not use this method if you have children and/ or pets at your home.
(B) Natural Methods to Kill Roaches:
1.) Boric Acid to Kill Roaches:
Boric acid will kill the roaches and sugar and flour will attract the roaches to come and eat it. This bait looks like a dough.
- Mix some boric acid with some white flour and sugar and make a dough.
- Make some dough balls and place it in various areas of your home and infested areas.
- Use this method in every two weeks to get rid of roaches faster and permanently.
2.) Cocoa Bait to Get Rid of the Roaches:
Cocoa attracts people and just like that cocoa attracts the roaches too, and boric acid kills the roaches.
- Take a cup of white flour and mix it with a part of cocoa powder and boric acid.
- Make a dough of it with the help of some water and place it on the infested areas to get rid of roaches.
- Use this method in every two weeks and you will get rid of roaches permanently.
3.) Ammonia Solution to Kill Roaches:
Ammonia has a smell, which irritates the roaches. So if you use ammonia solution, the roaches will pack their suitcases and will leave your house.
- Take two cups of ammonia in a bucket and fill it with the water.
- Flush it in your kitchen, washroom and sink.
- Do this method once in a two week to get rid of the roaches faster.
4.) Onion and Garlic Solution to Kill Roaches:
Did you ever think that onion and garlic can prevent you with the roaches also? It is weird but true. The smell of garlic and onion irritates the roaches.
- Take one teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder, one garlic clove and one teaspoon of onion paste. Now add 1 litre of water and mix it well.
- Let it stay for an hour and after an hour add 1 teaspoon of liquid or powder soap.
- Now apply it on the areas, which are infested with the roaches and you find them frequently.
5.) Petroleum Jelly Trap to Kill Roaches:
You can find petroleum jelly in every house. Just as it prevents your lips, it also prevents you from roaches also. The consistency of the petroleum jelly is like a gel, which sticks the roaches.
- For this trap, get a bottle, which has a wide opening or you can use a jar also.
- Apply the petroleum jelly in the jar or bottle.
- Now put some fruit peels inside the jar or bottle.
- Place this jar in washroom and kitchen for overnight or where you see the roaches frequently.
- And in the next morning, clean up the jar.
6.) Cucumber Peels to Get Rid of the Roaches:
When cucumber juice reacts with aluminium it creates a smell, which roaches cannot inhale. Cucumbers are very often in your home so do not take so much time to use this method.
- Take an aluminium container and put some cucumber peels inside the container. Leave it for a night.
- The cucumber peels moisturizer will react with an aluminium container, through which a smell will produce.
- Roaches do not like this smell so you get rid of roaches.
7.) Pinesol and Bleach to Kill Roaches:
The mixture of pinesol and bleach has a strong smell, which the roaches cannot stand. This is a very effective way to get rid of roaches.
- Mix 2 cups of pine sol with adding 2 cups of bleach with one cup of water boiled water.
- Now spray this mixture on the roaches’ infested area.
- Make sure that the windows and doors are open because this mixture has a very strong smell.
- Then clean those places where you have sprayed the mixture after 20 to 30 minutes.
8.) Listerine to Get Rid of the Roaches:
Listerine washes your mouth and kills the germs of your mouth. Just like that Listerine kills the insects of your home too. It is a good roach repellent.
- Take equal parts of water and Listerine and make a solution.
- Add two to three drops of liquid soap and mix well.
- Now spray this mixture on the infested areas by roaches or where you frequently see them.
- All the roaches of your home will definitely run away and will never come back.
Tips to Prevent Re-Infestation of Roaches: –
- It is important to clean your home periodically. Objects like plants, wood, straw produce insects or these are the thing towards which roaches and the other insects get attracted easily.
- If you see any nest of roaches or any other insects just destroy it, otherwise the population of roaches will increase and people will call your home as insects villa or roaches house or as any other creepy name.
- Seal all the cracks of your home, whether they are on the walls or floor. Otherwise, roaches will find these cracks and will make their nests. Seal the interior and exterior walls to avoid the entry of insects.
- Kill all the roaches and insects before it becomes tough to stop them. Use continuously these home remedies given above to get rid of roaches faster and permanently.
- Keep your house, office and car clean to avoid the entry of roaches. Do not keep used dishes overnight without washing them. It increases the possibilities of roaches appearance.