Are you just determined to lose 20 pounds in a month? If yes, then this article will help you out. Weight gain can bring your self-confidence down as you do not fit in your favorite outfit. People spend thousands of bucks on weight losing supplements. But these supplements can be dangerous for your health. In this article, you will discover some best and natural ways to lose 20 pounds in a month. Adopt these ways in your daily life and feel the difference in just one month. Smile as you will be able to choose clothes according to your choice and not your size.
Best Ways to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month:
1.) Exercise to Lose 20 Pounds in One Month:
Exercise is one of the best ways to lose 20 pounds in a month. It helps you to burn more calories. Cardio exercises are the best as they do not demand a fixed time. You can do it according to your convenience. The best cardio exercises are running and jumping as it increases your heart rate. This means calories are burned at a faster rate. Boxing, biking, tennis, and dancing are some of the cardio exercises which you will enjoy. High-intensity interval training can do wonders.
Changing your lifestyle will also help you to lose weight. Instead of going in the lift, you can take up the stairs. Go for a peaceful walk in the evening. Start your day with meditation so that you can control your stress. Do gardening and don’t allow yourself to get bored. Take up a new adventure sport. Take more time to finish your food. Try some weight training.
2.) Eating Routine and Portions to Shed 20 Pounds:
In order to burn more calories and lose 20 pounds in a month, it is necessary that you follow an eating routine. The best way to losing weight is to have a good metabolism. If you have a sluggish metabolism then it will be impossible for you to lose 20 pounds in a month. To keep your metabolic rate high it is necessary to eat food after every 4 hours. But then you have to eat smaller portions. Whatever you are eating just don’t gobble it, instead taste it and eat slowly. Drink a glass of water before your meal. This will make you eat less. Avoid eating an unhealthy snack. Buy a digital food scale to keep the track of your portions.
3.) Natural Supplements to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month:
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid: This fat burner is found in the meat and milk of ruminant animals. The CLA helps the blood glucose to enter the cells due to which it is used in the form of energy and not stored as fat. It helps in burning the muscle fat.
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract: The skin of this small green fruit contains hydroxy citric acid, which helps in losing weight. It helps to increase the serotonin levels in the body. This increases serotonin level cuts off the food cravings.
- Glucomannan: This fiber is found in the roots of elephant yam. This supplement absorbs water and forms like a gel substance in the stomach due to which you feel stuffed and full for a longer period of time. This helps you to eat a few calories and if you take this supplement the blood sugar level also decreases.
- Raspberry Ketones: This substance is found in raspberries and the synthetic version is sold as a supplement for weight loss. This supplement increases the breakdown of fat. It also increases the levels adiponectin hormone, which is related to weight loss.
4.) Diet Recommendations to Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks:
A well balanced nutritious diet will help you to lose 20 pounds in a month. A well-balanced diet consists of fiber, good carbohydrates and fats, proteins, beverages, and water. Here is a list of some important food groups that you should incorporate into your diet.
- Fiber: It is important to include fiber as it improves the process of digestion, controls the blood sugar levels and wards off the future food cravings. Prunes, oranges, cabbage, bananas, potatoes, apple beans, bran, cauliflower, oats, broccoli, and peas are packed with fiber.
- Protein: It is important to include protein in your diet as it burns more calories. It keeps you quenched and full for a longer period of time. Beans, legumes, eggs, seafood, seeds, nuts and turkey are good sources of protein.
- Carbohydrates: There are two types of carbohydrates, good carbohydrates, and bad carbohydrates. You have to decide between them. Sweet potatoes, whole wheat, oats, brown rice, beans, vegetables, and fruits are packed with good carbohydrates.
- Fats and Oils: Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated are good fats that should be incorporated into a well-balanced diet plan. Fish oil, olive oil, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, fish and avocado oil are some of the healthy fats and oils.
5.) Calculate Your BMR:
The basic metabolic rate is the number of calories that your body needs for proper functioning. It is calculated according to various factors such as age, weight, heredity and gender. Calculating your basic metabolic rate will help you to know that how many calories you need to burn in order to lose 20 pounds in a month.
6.) Strength Training to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month:
All kinds of exercises helps you to lose weight. But strength training promotes and maintains the growth of lean muscle mass. The combination of strength training and cardio will maximize the benefits of exercise and this way you will not only lose weight but will also maintain it. Strength training uplifts your mood and protects your body from many diseases. The growth of muscle mass increases BMR. If you are a beginner then compound exercises that target all the muscle groups are best for you. Here is a list of movements that you can include in the starting.
- Shoulder press
- Chest press
- Seated row
- Lat pull down
- Leg press
7.) Calculate Calories to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month:
If you want to lose 20 pounds in a month, it is very necessary that you make a calorie chart. Managing your calories will make it easy for you to lose weight. While making your calorie chart keep in mind your age, weight, and height. You can use a calorie calculator to calculate the amount of calories you have to eat per day. You should atleast have 1500 calories per day. If you eat only these many calories per day, then you will lose 2 pounds in one week. So in one month, you will only lose 8 pounds. Now, if you have to lose 20 pounds in a month, you have to burn 70,000 calories in a month. Since you have calculated the calories it will become easier for you to lose weight. Now you can increase your workout or make changes in your diet plan.
8.) Natural Weight Reducers:
- Green Tea: This is one of the most natural weight reducers. Caffeine and EGCG are bioactive substances that help in weight loss. Green tea has the presence of catechins extracts that helps to increase metabolism. Green tea limits the formation of fat cells. 3 to 5 cups of green tea per day is ideal for weight loss.
- Cayenne Pepper: The capsaicin extracts in cayenne pepper help to lose weight fast. Cayenne pepper helps you to burn more calories. It is a good choice to boost metabolism. Cayenne pepper prevents retention and fat buildup.
- Cinnamon: This common spice found in every kitchen can actually help with weight loss. It increases metabolism because it takes more time to get metabolized. Cinnamon controls the insulin level and reduces the blood sugar level. It suppresses appetite and burns belly fat faster. You can mix it in your oatmeal or add it to your coffee.
- Coconut Oil: This is a perfect choice if you want to lose 20 pounds in a month. This oil speeds up the metabolism and burns more calories. Coconut oil contains MCFAs which is good for increasing energy and stamina. It makes you stuffed for a longer period of time. Coconut oil keeps the thyroid hormones balanced. It improves digestion and is a good choice for reducing belly fat.