Water weight also known as subcutaneous fluid is the extra amount of water that gets stored in your body making you look corpulent. This is not a serious problem, but for sure can affect your personality and lifestyle. The extra fluid could be stored anywhere, such as legs, toes, fingers, face and lower abdominal. Women often experience fluid retention during their pregnancy. The biggest drawback of water weight is that you can gain it easily if you do not maintain a healthy lifestyle. But don’t worry, in this article, you will come across some natural ways to lose water weight and follow a healthy lifestyle.
Causes of Water Weight:
- Poor intake of vitamin B.
- Lack of exercises.
- Consuming lots of sodium.
- Deficiency of protein.
- Kidney failure.
- During menstruation or pregnancy.
- The excessive liquid in the lymphatic system. It leads to swelling.
- Contraceptive pills and other medications.
- Change in pressure in capillaries.
Natural Ways to Lose Water Weight
1. Focus on Your Diet to Lose Water Weight:
Sweets and junk foods are liked by all but these can make you sluggish and puffy. In order to lose your water weight, you need to cut down these foods and include foods that are rich in proteins and fiber. A higher intake of protein not only boots mechanism but also reduces appetite.
Potassium Rich Foods: Potassium helps to balance the sodium level and hence prevent water retention. It increases the production of urine and in this way, the body drops the excess fluid. You can include the following foods in your diet:
- Dark leafy greens.
- Sun dried tomatoes.
- Kidney beans.
Protein Rich Foods: The increased amount of protein from meat and dairy products increases the level of uric acid which the body eliminates. The body pumps a lot of water in kidney and urinary tract and this flushes the excess water out. You can include the following protein-rich foods in your diet:
- Dairy products.
- Meat and eggs.
- Dried apricots.
Fiber Rich Foods: Fiber-rich foods act as a sponge and absorb the water. When you chew some fiber food it holds on the water in your mouth only. In this way, it helps you to lose water weight. According to experts, you should consume 25 gm to 35gm of fiber per day. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables as they are very rich in fiber. You can also replace the carbohydrates with whole grains. You can include the following fiber-rich foods in your diet:
- Flax seeds
- Baked acorn squash.
- Wheat bran.
- Fresh and leafy vegetables.
Changes You Should Bring to Your Diet:
- Avoid drinking too much of artificial sweeteners.
- Reduce your sodium intake.
- Don’t consume too much of carbohydrates.
- Consume foods rich in protein, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
2. Reduce Salt Intake to Get Rid of Water Weight:
Salty chips and other processed foods are loved by all but this for sure can make you look puffy and inflated. One of the best ways to lose water weight is to manage your salt intake. The kidneys are unable to process sodium fast and hence causes fluid retention. You should avoid drinking soft drinks as they generally contain a high content of sodium. You can replace the excess salt with other spices like pepper, ginger, and garlic. Try to eat a home cooked meal rather than eating in a restaurant. Add those foods in your diet that can absorb the sodium. For example, oranges, coconut water, beets and sweet potatoes. The minimum amount of sodium intake required is 2300 mg per day.
Note: Minimum amount of sodium intake is necessary as it helps to retain electrolyte balance.
3. Drinking Lots of Water Helps to Lose Water Weight:
The benefits of water are never ending. Some people might think that it is crazy to drink lots of water to lose water weight. But the fact is that if you don’t drink an adequate amount of water, then your body dehydrates which causes more fluid retention. Proper water intake increases metabolism and improves the functioning of the body. You can also have lemon water but don’t add sugar as it will reduce the benefits of water. According to an information, the average water for a man is 13 glasses and for a woman, it is 9 glasses.
4. Healthy Lifestyle to Get Rid of Water Weight:
As you all know that you can gain water weight very easily, so the best thing is to maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep your body away from water weight. Here are some easy tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
Exercises: You can do certain cardio exercises like cycling, swimming, and brisk walking. These exercises will not only trim your body weight. Regular exercise will help you to balance the natural fluids and the sweat will flush out the excessive fluid. You can do a 30 to 40 minute of brisk walking or cycling to increase the amount of sweat.
Reduce Your Stress: When a person is stressed the cortisol increases a hormone ADH (antidiuretic hormone). Antidiuretic hormone is responsible for maintaining water balance in the body. Now when this increases it influences fluid retention, hence causing water weight. So the best way is to remain stress-free so that the ADH and cortisol will maintain the water balance.
Sufficient Sleep: A proper stress-free sleep is necessary for the proper functioning of the body. The sympathetic renal nerves in the kidney regulate the sodium and water levels. If you are not having a sufficient sleep, then it will directly affect these nerves. A proper and sufficient sleep also keeps your body hydrated hence minimizing water retention. For an individual, it is necessary to sleep for at least 8 to 10 hours.
5. Parsley Tea to Lose Water Weight:
The mild diuretic properties of parsley tea help the body to get rid of excessive fluid. It keeps the body hydrated and hence prevent fluid retention. It is also known as the cleansing tea and is rich in antioxidants that cause weight loss.
- Take a cup of water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried parsley.
- Cover it with a lid.
- Steep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain it, and have a cup of this miracle tea.
- Beget this tea 3 times a day.
6. Cabbage Juice to Get Rid of Water Weight:
The minerals present in cabbage prevents the body from gaining water weight. The fiber present in cabbage absorbs the extra amount of water at the time of chewing. It improves digestion and is helpful in maintaining the overall health. It minimizes the speed of water absorption. You can have this juice in the morning with a little pepper to lose water weight.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar to Lose Water Weight:
Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain the potassium level in the body. Potassium balances the sodium level and prevents fluid retention. It increases urine production and flushes the extra fluids out of the body. It contains pectin, which keeps you fuller and satisfied. In a glass of water, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink this twice a day.
8. Make Your Own Diuretic Drink:
Instead of artificial sweeteners and soda, you can make your own diuretic drink to lose water weight.
- Take one bottle of distilled water.
- Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice.
- Add 2 dandelion tea bags.
Note: This remedy only works if you have a little water weight.
9. Rose Water to Lose Water Weight:
This is a simple and effective remedy to lose water weight. It decreases the quantity of water in the circulatory system by removing it from your blood.
- Take a cup of water in a pan.
- Add some fresh rose petals in it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it boil until the color changes.
- Strain it, and drink this water every morning.
10. Dandelion Supplement to Get Rid of Water Weight:
This is one of the effective remedies to drop water and prevent fluid retention. It increases the urine production and signals the kidney to draw out the excess water and sodium from the body.
Tips to Prevent Water Weight Gain:
- Do regular exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Cut down the artificial sweeteners and soda.
- Avoid alcohol, as it leads to water retention.
- Decrease the sodium intake.
- Take electrolytes and magnesium supplements.
- Taking caffeine supplements can help.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take a dandelion supplement.
- Eat lots of watery fruits.