A whiter or brighter teeth not only looks great, it improves your appearance. Having good teeth is a sign of good health and hygiene. Many people brush their teeth many times a day and take good care of them, but fail to get whiter teeth. To get a brighter smile is as easy as visiting your dentist. If you visit the dentist for a whitening treatment, then you have to pay a good amount of money as whitening treatment is a very costly treatment. But don’t worry, in this article we are giving you tips to make your teeth whiter at home.
Our eating habits are the biggest cause for teeth to get stained. A thin shield of stain forms on the outer part of teeth every day. The outer layer of teeth, enamel is what get stained.
Causes of Yellow Teeth:
- Chewing tobacco.
- Drinking tea, coffee, aerated drinks and wines.
- Not taking care of your teeth.
Home Remedies to Make Your Teeth Whiter
1. Apple Cider Vinegar to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Apple cider vinegar works as a powerful cleansing agent with a very mild action. It also helps to maintain the pH balance in the acidic range, as a result brightening your smile. ACV not only remove stains off teeth, it also kills bacteria causing gum diseases. You can make your teeth whiter at home with the help of apple cider vinegar.
You will Need:
- Apple cider vinegar- 1 tbs.
- Water- 1 cup.
- Add apple cider vinegar into the cup of water and mix well. Gargle with the solution to get whiter teeth. For better result use twice a day.
2. Coconut Oil and Peppermint Leaf to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Coconut oil can make a huge difference in your teeth shades if you use this on a regular basis. It not only help you to get rid of yellow teeth, it also removes surface bacteria causing yellow teeth. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, an agent that kills bacteria. Like other solutions, it is not an immediate solution, using it for a long time will have the best effect. Make your teeth whiter with coconut oil and peppermint oil.
You will Need:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Few drops of peppermint oil
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil over coconut oil and mix it well. Use this solution as a toothpaste twice or thrice a day to get a healthy and white smile.
3. Baking Soda to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Baking soda is a common household product which is useful for any problem. It works as a bleaching agent and removes the surface stains to give you whiter teeth.
You will Need:
- Baking soda- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- half cup
- Mix baking soda and lemon juice together to form a paste.
- Wipe your teeth with the paper or towel.
- Take some paste on your toothbrush and apply.
- Leave it for 1 minutes and wash with water.
- Don’t let be there for more than 1 minute to avoid acid affecting lemon.
Note: You can also use water instead of lemon. In that condition, leave the paste on for three minutes.
4. Orange Peel to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Calcium and Vitamin C in the orange peel fight with micro-organisms in the teeth to get relief from the dark teeth. You can use an orange peel or dried orange peel powder for a whitening treatment.
You will Need:
Dried bay leaves and dried orange peel in equal amount.
- Crush dried bay leaves to make a powder.
- Mix an equal amount of dried orange peel powder and stir it well.
- Mix water to make a paste.
- Apply this on the teeth and rub this for a few minutes.
- Or you can use dried powder as tooth powder.
5. Strawberry to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Rich in vitamin C strawberry has astringent property helps to break down the plaque which causes yellowness. Malic acid present in strawberry removes stains and cleans your teeth.
- Cut a strawberry in half
- Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on it.
- Rub on the teeth for a few minutes.
- Wash with water and continue this process regularly.
- You can also use plain strawberry for this treatment.
- Mash strawberry to get fresh juice.
- Apply this juice to the teeth and let it sit for a minute or two.
- After that brush the teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Regular application will give whiter teeth.
6. Salt to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Salt helps to restore the lost minerals in the teeth and helps to achieve whiteness. However, it is harmful to gums and enamel so avoid using this remedy regularly.
- Use salt as tooth powder instead of regular toothpaste.
- Do this process regularly.
- you can mix baking soda with salt.
7. Basil to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Basil is an effective herb that is good for our overall health. Using basil will give you a complete oral care, including white teeth. Basil can be used in many ways to get rid of dark teeth.
- Use a few dry basil leaves.
- Grind them to make powder.
- Use this basil powder instead of toothpaste.
- Rub this powder with your cleaned fingers for more effective results.
- Or mix it with regular toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth by using a toothbrush to get rid of the dark teeth.
- Use daily for visible results.
- Make a paste of fresh basil leaves.
- Mix dried orange peel powder and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your teeth completely.
- Let it for 15 – 25 minutes and then rinse with water thoroughly.
- Do this once a day.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Hydrogen peroxides with bleaching property remove yellow color of teeth. Make sure you use H2O2 with caution as it can cause irritation to the gums and make teeth more sensitive. Do not try to swallow this peroxide.
- Use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash.
- Wash with water.
- Do gargling with this solution daily.
- Do not swallow.
- Add baking soda to hydrogen peroxide and make a paste.
- Brush your teeth with this paste for a few minutes.
- After all this process, brush with regular toothpaste.
9. Charcoal to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Powerful crystals of charcoal are used to whiten the teeth. This also an effective remedy to treat yellow or dark teeth.
- Put a small amount of regular toothpaste to charcoal in a bowl.
- Mix well and use this to brush your teeth.
- Do this twice a day.
Note: You can also use burnt rosemary instead of charcoal to complete this process.
10. Aloe Vera to Make Your Teeth Whiter
With anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial property aloe vera cures many gum diseases and kills oral cavities and whitens the teeth.
- Collect the juice from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Add glycerin and optionally baking soda, mix well to make a paste.
- Use this mixture for cleaning your teeth.
- Leave this paste on the teeth for a few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth completely to remove the aloe vera gel.
11. Turmeric to Make Your Teeth Whiter
With strong anti-inflammatory property, turmeric helps to give relief from gum problems. It also has strong antimicrobial that kills all the germs and also gives whiter teeth.
- Roast turmeric for a few minutes.
- Make a powder.
- Add a few drops of lime juice and pinch salt in it.
- Mix well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the teeth.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then wash it off with water.
12. Oil Pulling to Make Your Teeth Whiter
Oil pulling is an Ayurvedic technique that helps to get an overall health by healing numerous diseases and also whitening your teeth. It eliminates the bacteria, gingivitis, and plaque so that you get a healthy smile. Oil pulling has to be done in the morning just after you wake up before brushing your teeth or eating something.
- Take a spoonful of any oil like Coconut oil or Olive oil or Sesame oil.
- Swish the oil throughout your teeth or mouth from one side to another to get rid of bacteria and other germs.
- Keep doing this process for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times a week till you get rid of dark teeth.