In this article, we bring you some effective home remedies for blackheads. Blackheads, after listening to this word, every girl and guy feel insecure about their skin. It is like a nightmare to the ones those who are obsessed with their skin. It can be considered as the resident of oily skin. Blackheads are a feature of acne, a common skin problem that involves lesions frequently referred to as pimples and whiteheads or blackheads.
Blackheads are one particular kind of dark acne; they are called so because they contain oxidized melanin, the pigment made by skin cells called melanocytes. Blackheads are majorly caused on oily skin. It is being said that when skin pores are often gets blocked due to some dirt particle. These blockages lead to give birth to blackheads on the skin. Their reasons and treatment are not clear yet, but few of the reasons and causes can be taken into notice. Let’s glance at the causes and few home remedies for blackheads removal.
Causes of Blackheads:
There are several reasons behind blackheads:
- Blackheads are a result of abnormal sebum secretion (excessive oil production), often combined with overgrowth of skin cells, resulting in blocked pores.
- The most common cause of blackheads is the change in hormones during puberty leads to excess sebum production. It is also said that the male sex hormone androgen is also responsible for the great sebum secretion in the skin.
Other factors involved in acne and the formation of blackheads include:
- Cosmetics, cleansers and clothing that cover the pores and block them.
- It includes excessive sweating and humidity.
- Dietary factors, disease or medications that encourage rapid skin cell turnover.
- In addition to it, steroid drugs are also a reason to make acne worse and give rise to blackheads.
Myths About Blackheads:
- It is a myth developed by humans who think that Blackheads that poor hygiene and inadequate face washing are the causes of it.
- Chocolate, nuts or greasy foods are also considered as a myth that these are also responsible ones. Adding into it, Masturbation or sex is also a part of an urban myth that is considered to be a reason for blackheads.
Blackheads are few of those embarrassing skin problems of which every individual is aware of. So let’s have a look at the symptoms related to blackheads.
Although Blackheads do not possess the direct symptoms, but their existence is visible by black pimples on the skin. Irritation and pain are the symptoms which may be present with blackheads, but these are more common with development into more severe forms of acne.
Psychosocial Symptoms of Blackheads:
- Adults, as well as adolescence, are affected by acne or blackheads can experience reduced quality of life, often for psychological and social reason
- In a recent study, it is being said that people experiencing peer pressure suffer through a lot of acne problems.
- Feelings resulting from acne or blackheads can lead to social problems such as avoidance of activities.
- Being noticed for choosing different clothing as a result of acne also affects young people.
- Sleeping problems can also be a part of psychosocial problems arising from blackheads.
Every single individual likes looking good, but how can it be possible if you are suffering from severe acne or blackheads on your face? So here we are presenting the prevention and treatment of blackheads and acne, which would help you in curing your blackheads.
Home Remedies for Blackheads Removal:
Home remedies for blackheads act as a stress booster to the ones who suffer acne in large amount. So let’s glance at the natural remedies for blackheads.
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads
Baking soda acts as a medicine apart from food too. It helps clear the skin of impurities such as debris and dirt. Now how would you use it as a medicine?
- Take two spoons of baking soda, mix it with mineral water to prepare a paste
- Apply the paste properly on the area which is highly affected and massage. Let it dry for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water
- This should be repeated once or twice a week.
2.) Lemon Juice for Blackheads Removal
Lemon has always been the booster to the body, especially for the skin to exfoliate. And now here it becomes one of the best remedies for blackheads.
- Put a few drops of honey on half a lemon.
- For extra exfoliation, add a little amount of sugar and rub the lemon on the face, especially on the blackhead prone areas.
- Keep it for 10 minutes and rinse off.
- Use this remedy for one or twice a week.
- Lemon juice can also be used as a face cleanser with milk or rosewater. We can apply it twice or thrice a week.
3.) Oat Meal to Remove Blackheads
Oatmeal and yogurt, this combination is perfect as home remedies for blackheads. It helps keeps our skin blackheads free. Here are the ways in which you can apply it.
- With a juice of some tomatoes and one spoon honey, make a mixture paste by mixing it in oatmeal
- Scrub it on the skin.
- Wash it after few minutes
- For blackheads, free skin, apply it regularly and avoid blackheads to happen.
4.) Green Tea to Treat Blackheads
Sometimes tea is being called as harmful and fewer times it is being called as helpful as a medicine. This time, green tea acts as a home remedy for blackheads.
- Mix green tea with water to make a paste of it
- Rub the scrub on the affected areas for three minutes.
- And at the last rinse it with lukewarm water.
5.) Cinnamon to Get rid of Blackheads
You have been using it in cooking vegetables and food at home. You might have also used it in curing cuts and bleeding. But now Cinnamon has come up with a new face of curing blackheads too. So try this one of the simple and easy remedies for blackheads.
- Mix Cinnamon powder, turmeric powder with lemon juice and apply it on your face
- Leave it on your face for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water after few minutes.
6.) Honey to Remove Blackheads
Honey is considered to be one of the great remedies for blackheads. It again strikes the limelight and proves it as medicinal sweetness.
- Apply some pure honey on your face.
- Leave the honey on the face for 10 minutes
- Wash it with lukewarm water and get a cheerful result.
Skin problems are the ones which should be taken care of in a very careful way and also it would take a world of time to get cured. Particularly, acne and blackheads should be cured within time as it would leave scars behind. So, these were the details about the blackheads and its remedies which must be followed to get exfoliated skin.