In this article, we bring you some simple and effective home remedies for pimples. Pimples are the most common problem of the youth; it irritates male and female both. Pimples can appear on any kind of skin like oily skin, dry skin or combination skin. First of all, you should know your skin type because there are different remedies for every skin type and a wrong remedy can worsen your problem or it can also lead to other skin problem.
Secondly, it is important to know the causes of pimples like oily skin can result in pimples, so try avoiding street food or junk food in the summers. If you know the reason behind the problem then the treatment becomes easier and faster. Pimples can appear on neck, shoulders, and back also. In this article, we are going to discuss the top home remedies for pimples. So you can use these home remedies for pimples on affected areas safely without spending much on chemical face washes and creams .
Best Home Remedies for Pimples Removal
Wash your face with warm water, because before applying anything on your face, it is important to open your skin pores with warm water to help open the pores. After using a remedy, closing of pores is also essential so wash your face with cold water to tighten the opened pores.
1.) Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Pimples
Mint leave is a herb, which we have used for a long time back. This is one of the best home remedies for pimples and other skin problems. It moisturizes your skin, cleans your skin and conditions your skin. It has the properties of anti-inflammatory.
- Take mint leaves and grind it in a mixture with some water.
- Apply it on your face and affected area daily. This will make your skin feel relaxed.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes with normal water.
- Store the remaining paste in a cool place or fridge.
- You will notice positive results in 12-15 days. This home remedy works for every kind of skin.
2.) Potato & Tomato to Treat Pimples
Potatoes contain carbohydrates and vitamin C which is good for health and skin also. Potato also lightens the scars and marks on the skin. Tomatoes reduce the scars and help remove tanning and sunburn.
- Take 1 potato or 1 tomato or you can take half of both and grate them finely.
- Separate the juice and apply it on your face on a daily basis.
- Wash it until dries completely.
- This remedy will help remove the tan and the acne scars also.
- You will see positive results in minimum 3-5 days.
- This remedy is ideal for oily skin.
Warning: – If you are using only potato or potato juice with tomato juice, then do not use the remaining juice on the next day. It can be harmful to your skin.
3.) Lemon and Sugar Scrub for Pimples
Lemon is also one of the best home remedies for pimples. It helps remove the extra oil from your skin and make it glow. Moreover, it will remove the acne scars and sugar helps moisturizes your skin.
- Lemon is one of the best home remedies for pimples and oily skin type.
- Take a lemon and separate the juice in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of sugar and mix well.
- Apply it on your face and massage gently for 4 to 5 minutes and wash it off after 10 minutes with cold water.
- Use this remedy 1-2 times a week for best results.
- Though the added sugar will moisturize your skin, it is recommended to apply moisturizing cream too.
4.) Sandalwood Stick to Vanish Pimples
Sandalwood is an Ayurvedic trick to get a pimple free skin. It has the properties which provide relief from acne, pimples, blackheads and other skin problems. It also freshens up your skin. When mixed with coconut oil it becomes one of the best home remedies for pimples.
- This remedy works best for the overnight treatment of pimples. Take a sandalwood stick and a few drops of water.
- Rub the sandalwood stick on stone and make a paste.
- With the help of your fingers, apply this paste on your pimples and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wash it off with normal water and you will see visible results.
- Try this remedy whenever you see a pimple.
5.) Yogurt and Honey to Get Rid of Pimples
Yogurt contains effective properties like lactic acid and alpha hydroxy acid, which clear out the dead skin cells. Honey boosts the skin and moisturizes it naturally. It contains essential vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Take a bowl and 1 ½ teaspoon of yogurt/milk. Yogurt/milk should not be very cold.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on your face and affected area.
- Wash it when it gets thick.
- Take a washcloth and gently pat dry your face and moisturize it as always.
- Use it on 1-2 times a week and you will see results in 7-10 days.
6.) Orange Peel to Remove Pimples
Orange is another helpful home remedies for pimples. It contains Vitamin C, which protects the skin from radical damage, provides glowing skin and keep acne away. It also contains calcium that helps renew the damage cells of the skin.
- Take 2 dry orange peels and grind it with the help of some water and make a fine paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Wash it with normal water and apply some good moisturizer.
- Apply this paste daily or alternatively and you will see a good result in 1 – 2 week.
7.) Strawberry and Honey to Treat Pimples
Strawberry contains Vitamin C, dietary fibers, and folic acid that fight with damaged skin cells, eliminate the harmful toxin from the skin and produce new cells in the skin.
- Take 3 well-washed strawberries in a bowl and mash them well with spoon taking care of that they are not over meshed.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raw honey and mix well.
- Apply it on your face and wash after 15 minutes.
- Apply it twice in a week on your face and affected areas.
- You will see some positive results in a month.
8.) Banana Peels to Vanish Pimples
Banana peel is also a great home remedy to treat pimples at home. It helps brighten the skin, reduce the wrinkles and treat blemishes. The banana peel also moisturizes the skin. It boosts the skin and removes the dead skin cells of the skin.
- While you eat a banana, don’t throw the banana peel.
- Use this banana peel to massage your skin.
- Start rubbing banana peel from inside in a circular motion.
- Massage all over your face well and keep it for 5-10 minutes then wash it off with normal water.
- Do this process daily for positive results.
9.) Alum to Treat Pimples
Alum is well known for water purifier. Just like that, it also purifies the skin and eliminates the damage skin cells. It freshens the skin and it is also good for tanned skin .
- Take an alum and dip it in water.
- Start rubbing it in a circular motion for 5-7 minutes, then wash it off.
- Use this remedy in every 3 days for good results.
10.) Garlic to Remove Pimples
Garlic contains acid, which can easily remove pimples and skin tags. It has anti-fungal, antibiotic and antiseptic properties that help prevent various skin problems.
- Take 2-3 cloves of garlic and make a fine paste mixing with water.
- Take a cotton ball, soak it in garlic juice and apply on affected area.
- Once it gets dry, wash your face and pat dry using a towel.
- Use this method 2 days a week for better results.
11.) Papaya and Curd to Vanish Pimples
Papaya is rich in vitamin A and C, which heals dry and flaky skin. It also reduces the visibility of scars and dark spots. Papaya is also helpful in smoothing the skin and boosts the production of collagen in your skin. It provides firmness to the skin thus considered to be one of the best home remedies for pimples.
- Take 2-3 papaya pieces in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of curd.
- Mash the papaya with the help of a spoon.
- Apply it on your face. When it dries wash it off.
- Use this remedy daily for good results.
Precautions for Pimples:
We have so many cosmetic products and treatments for every skin problem, but precautions are always important. If we follow these precautions, these problems will disappear automatically and also the result of the remedies will be visible in less time. Here are some tips which will help you making your skin pimple free, scar free, glowing and active.
- Use a moisturizer daily before going to sleep.
- Wash your face right away when you are back home.
- If you have oily skin, wash your face frequently.
- Use a soft towel to clean your face.
- Do not rub your face hard with a towel and always take a clean towel.
- Avoid wiping your face after wash. Let it dry or pat dry.
- Do not touch your pimple.
- Eat well and healthy, take a proper meal every day.
- Avoid oily and junk food.
- Avoid touching your face again and again.
Try these effective home remedies for pimples at home and you will definitely get positive results in no time. You can find all the above ingredients in your kitchen to treat pimples. After trying these remedies, if you still find no results, then immediately contact your skin doctor for further treatment.