Who on earth doesn’t like flaunting their tresses? Long, short, colored, lustrous, different styles and cuts. There is a wide range of looks to witness these days. But how will react when you notice a bunch of hair in your bathtub? Hair fall and hair loss is one of the most faced problems by a lot of people these days. Hair fall could be because of many reasons like a poor diet, usage of a lot of styling products, lack of nourishment, dandruff, split ends. According to a lot of trichologists, one the most noticed reason for hair loss is junk food and pollution. But in this article, we present you some easy and quick home remedies for hair growth. Wasting money on chemical treatments is not a wise option these days as they have a lot of side effects too. Going the natural and herbal is always beneficial.
Easy Home Remedies for Hair Growth
1.) Garlic for Hair Regrowth
Garlic is one of the most used natural ways when it comes to hair nourishment or regrowth. It is known for boosting the blood circulation in the scalp. It helps in regeneration of hair. You can use garlic as a conditioner instead of using those expensive branded ones. Garlic is vitamins and minerals rich which can make your hair look shiny and gorgeous. Try this one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
- Take two nicely peeled garlic cloves and crush them using a mortar and pestle.
- In a small pan, heat a small amount of olive oil or coconut oil and add the crushed cloves of garlic.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Wash it off using a mild shampoo, preferably herbal.
- Repeat this process 3 times in a week for best and fastest results.
2.) Coconut Oil for Nourishment
Coconut oil is the best way possible to keep your hair nourished and damage-free. It keeps dandruff, hair loss and hair breakage under control. It promotes hair growth and also keeps the hair frizz-free and manageable. Coconut oil can be used for deep conditioning of hair, it can be applied before hair wash and also after taking a head bath as a hair serum. For desired results, it’s always better to use the oil before washing your hair as it helps in preventing hair damage and thinning of hair.
- Take a small amount and heat the coconut oil. Now take a cotton ball and generously apply the coconut oil on the scalp.
- Massage using your fingers thoroughly on the scalp and the entire hair length and keep it overnight so that the scalp can absorb the oil completely.
- Wash your hair twice using a mild shampoo so that oil washes out completely.
3.) Onion Juice for Hair Care
Like garlic, onion also has some amazing hair care properties. It has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps in treating scalp infections that lead to hair loss. It is rich in the minerals and especially sulfur. It provides the hair follicles with nourishment and it improves blood circulation. Many people use onion juice with a few drops of lemon just to subsidize the strong and pungent odor of onion. It can work wonders for people who have no hair patches on their head.
- Take a 2-3 medium sized red onions, peel them, and chop them into pieces. Grind the pieces and squeeze out the juice.
- Apply the juice on your scalp and hair carefully using a cotton swab or a cotton ball and keep it on for 15 minutes till it is absorbed by the scalp.
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo and pat dry the hair.
- You can do this process once a week to achieve beautiful locks.
4.) Egg Mask for Strong and Hair Growth
As we all know, eggs are super rich in proteins and according to a lot of doctors, we should increase the intake of eggs in our diet and also expose our hair to eggs to get that luster and strong tresses. Eggs also help in hair growth and prevent hair damage. Our hair is made of keratin which needs nourishment regularly and eggs are the solution to combat hair problems. They are used in many ways, for different hair problems.
- Take an egg and separate the egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon of honey and olive oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth and light paste.
- Now using your fingertips, apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and a mild shampoo.
- Use this mask once a week for great results.
5.) Green Tea to Prevent Hair Loss
People have a mindset generally that green tea is limited to weight loss, but it has a lot of other benefits as well. Green tea has a lot of antioxidants, which eventually help in hair growth and also make the look shiny and silky. A lot of shampoo manufacturing companies nowadays are trying to add green tea to their products because according to recent studies green tea has a molecule called catechin, which promotes growth.
- Boil green tea and water in a pan and apply it to your scalp. Let the scalp absorb the tea for an hour.
- Wash it off with cool water and follow washing your hair with your usual shampoo.
- Repeat this process every time you take a head bath.
6.) Castor Oil for Lustrous Hair
Castor oil is a wonder product that comes with a lot of health, skin, and hair benefits. Apart from the regrowth, it provides shine and enormous strength to your hair. It prevents any type of antifungal or antibacterial infection. It makes the hair look darker and gives volume to your hair. According to doctors, it is as good as coconut oil for the nourishment of the hair.
- Take some amount of castor oil in a bowl and warm it.
- Apply it on your scalp using a cotton ball or a cotton swab and massage it with the help of your fingers.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes before you shower.
- Wrap your hair in a warm and a moist towel and let the hair rest in the towel for around 20 minutes.
- If you are suffering from dandruff, then you can add a few drops of lemon juice to make it smooth.
7.) Fenugreek for Hair Color Maintenance
Fenugreek is one of the best natural home remedies for hair growth and it keeps your hair color intact. It also prevents graying of hair. Fenugreek helps in moisturizing and strengthening of hair as it is rich in proteins and also contains lecithin. It makes the roots strong and also is the solution to the follicular problems.
- Take a cup fenugreek seeds and soak it in water overnight, or at least for 4-5 hours.
- Strain the water and grind the seeds to form a smooth paste.
- Do not apply the paste directly onto the scalp. Apply a coat of coconut oil on your hair.
- Let the paste sit for at least an hour or two before washing it off and shampooing your hair.
- Repeat the process two or three times a week to get better results.
8.) Indian Gooseberry for Thicker Hair
Indian gooseberry is one of the most widely used products in all our shampoos and conditioners. This is because it has a lot of hair benefits. It contains vitamin C which helps in controlling hair fall and antioxidants which improve pigmentation in the hair. Other than the hair benefits Indian Gooseberry is also used is also for boosting immunity and is either taken in the form of juice or eaten as it is.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a pan and cook dried Indian Gooseberry pieces in it until they are charred. Strain the pieces and cool the oil until it reaches the room temperature.
- Massage your hair and scalp with the oil and leave it on for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Do this once a week.
9.) Cayenne Pepper for Hair Growth
Cayenne pepper is not a popular ingredient anyway, but, it helps in the prevention of hair fall and also stimulates the regrowth of hair. It boosts the blood circulation in the scalp which results in proper absorption of nutrients. Cayenne pepper provides shine to your hair and also thickens them. Thus it becomes one of the best remedies for hair growth.
- Take a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and mix it well with olive oil.
- Apply the mixture gently on your scalp with the help of a cotton ball, especially at the place where hair thinning is pretty prominent.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes as cayenne pepper can be a little itchy after a certain period of time and wash it off with cold water and follow washing your hair with your usual shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment just once a month.
10.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth
This is one of the best remedies for hair growth. Apple cider vinegar helps maintain the pH balance of the hair thus induce new hair growth.
Just wash your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar after you wash your hair with shampoo. Just do this process for few weeks to get long and strong hair growth.