Bed bug everywhere, like in home, offices, stores, gym, and hotels. The small insects are very fast in hiding. They are very excellent in hiding themselves. It is very hard and difficult to get rid of them without the help of any specialist in pest control. Through this article, you can lessen your chances of a bed bug infestation by using these simple home remedies to get rid of bed bugs.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
1.) Get Rid of Bed Bugs Using the Vacuum Cleaners
Try to use a vacuum as one of the home remedies to get rid of the bed bugs. Try to vacuum your computers, wardrobes, tables, mattresses, cots etc. As bed bugs love to hide, so take your vacuum cleaner and take them out of the corners or cracks, where generally they hide.
2.) Baking Soda to Treat Infestation
Due to the drying properties of baking soda, it absorbs the moisture from the bed bug’s body. It destroys these small insects with its antimicrobial properties. Take and spread the handful of baking soda around the corners and cracks. Re-apply baking soda after a few days. But don’t forget to collect soda with the help of vacuum.
3.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Cayenne pepper can also be utilized as a one of the effective home remedies to get rid of bed bugs due to antimicrobial properties, cayenne pepper kills the bed bugs.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of cayenne powder, oregano and grated ginger.
- Boil them together in water.
- Strain and collect in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution around the doorways of your room and areas where bed bugs can hide.
- The smell of cayenne drives the bed bugs away and prevents them from spreading.
4.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
You can also use boric as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of bed bugs. It is also very effective remedy drive them off.
- Sprinkle some boric acid in the corners and the area where these pesky bugs can hide.
5.) Steam Treatment to Get Rid of Bug Infestation
If you want to get rid of the small annoying bed bugs, then get steamed your mattress, cushions, carpets etc. steamed. Because these bugs cannot survive in high temperature. Steam goes through the clothes and kills the bed bugs and prevent from laying eggs.
6.) Silica Gel to Treat Bugs Infestation
Silica gel also works as a dehydrating agent and is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs effectively.
- Apply some silica gel everywhere in your house, including walls, beds, and mattress.
- They get stuck in the silica gel and die.
7.) Bean Leaves to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bean leaves are consists of trichomes, which are microscopic hooked hairs to trap the small microscopic insects. These trichomes on the leaf pierce the bedbug’s feet and they die after a time interval. It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs.
- Take some bean leaves and spread where you find bugs or on the floor of your house.
- It helps trap the pests in the infested place.
8.) Use Thyme to Treat Bed Bugs
With the antimicrobial properties, thyme helps to get rid of bed bugs very effectively.
- Take some thyme stick and wrap with a cloth.
- Burn that cloth near the bug infested area of your house in order to get rid of bed bugs.
- Take thyme leaves and put them into the net bags.
- Place these bags in the corners, mattress, under the sofa beneath the cushions or other places you think bugs could be.
9.) Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Mint leaves can also be used to get rid of bed bugs. It is one of the best repellents that keeps bugs away from your house.
- Spread some crushed mint leaves around your bed or inside, wardrobes and in the corners.
you can also use dried leaves in a packet of linen cloth closets and mattress.
10.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Alcohol is generally used in the insect bitten area of the human body to disinfect. But it can also be used to thrive bed bugs. Spray the alcohol on the bug infested area. It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs.
11.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Bug infestation
This miraculous essential oil is popularly known for its antimicrobial properties. Due to this property, it is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs, bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Clean your house with tea tree oil.
- Add some drops of tea tree oil on the clothing and another area like corners, mattress, wardrobes etc.
- You can add water and a few drops of tea tree oil in a spray bottle.
- Spray with this solution on the affected areas to get rid of bed bugs completely.
- Repeat this remedy once in a week to eliminate the bed bugs.
12.) Black Walnut Tea to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Black walnut tea is also one of the best and effective remedies which can be used as an insecticide and can repel bed bugs. Due to antifungal properties, walnut tea brings out the bug from their hidden areas and kill them.
- Place black walnut tea bags on the affected areas including mattress, corners, bed creases and closet areas.
- Or you can mix 3 parts of black walnut tea with 1 part of mint and 1 part of lavender, 3 parts of thyme and sweet flag.
- Mix them together and collect in a sachet and place in the bug-infested areas. The aroma of this solution repels the bed bugs.
13.) Pyrethrum to Cure Bug Infestation
Made with the combination of dried flower heads of Coccineum and Chrysanthemum, the Pyrethrum is also very useful to get rid of bed bugs. These flowers contain natural insecticide properties. It directly destroys the nervous system of the bed bugs and is very toxic to bugs.
14.) Lavender to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Lavender is one of the affected home remedies to get rid of bed bugs. The smell of lavender nauseates the bed bugs and as a result, destroys them effectively. That’s why it is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs.
You can also use lavender oil, soap or lavender powder to get rid of the bed bugs.
- Place fresh lavender leaves on the affected areas to get rid of bed bugs.
15.) Double Sided Tape to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
If you want to get rid of bed bugs then use double sided tape. Attach double-sided tape all around the bottom of the bed, wardrobe etc. The pesky bugs get stuck into the tape. Once they stick to it then are not able free themselves from the tape and slowly died. It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of bed bugs
Tips to Get Rid of Bed Bugs:
- Take off all the litter out of your home. Doing so makes it easy to find bed bugs without any effort.
- Wash and your clothes including bed linens in the hottest place of temperature.
- Closely inspect your house for bed bugs.
- Be careful while using some of the tips above mentioned.
- Check the corners, bed, mattresses and beneath the pillows etc regularly.
- Keep bug repellents out of children reach.
- It’s recommended that don’t use second-hand furniture if you want to get rid of bed bugs.
- Throw out the bugs affected things out of the house.
- Also look for the professional’s advice.
- wash your clothes, mattress and other things with hot water.