After writing about how to remove gel nail polish?, how to get super glue off your fingers?, and how to stop biting nails?, here is another article on how to remove acrylic nails? Acrylic nails are on the top in every woman’s to do list for the latest trends. Also, they are quite common among the fashioners because of their customize designs that your hands simply adorn. There are thousands of designs available in various color combinations when you visit any nail art gallery. Ladies around the globe use different kind of styles to decorate their nails but, the most popular among them are acrylic nails. There are various reasons why acrylic nails are preferred over other fake nails. Boasting of your beautiful acrylic nail designs is something you would love to flaunt around but the most difficult task is to get them off once you are done with the look and want to try something different. But, as you know that we are always on the rescue. So, here we will discuss a few simple and easy step-by-step guides to remove acrylic nails on your own.
Now, you must be thinking why? Why do we want you to remove acrylic nails on your own with a few common household items when you can easily get it done from the salon? Yes, of course, you can easily visit some salon or the same place where you got that nail art from but, no one wants to spend those bucks again and again and also there are a few disadvantages of getting it done from the salon. This is because of the chemical procedures that these salon pros use to remove acrylic nails that can severely damage your original nails and make them thinner, eventually breaking them off from the nail bed.
Disadvantages of Using Acrylic Nails:
- Acrylic nails are more of a hassle and money eater. This is especially for those whose nails tend to grow fast.
- Be ready for regular touch ups, once you get into this trap of getting an acrylic nail manicure.
- It lowers the rate at which your original nail grows. So, you may have the myth that those fake nails will protect your actual nail underneath, but when you remove those fake nails, a horrifying reality check is waiting for you.
- You will witness that the original nails are paper-thin and ready to tear off from the nail bed, any moment.
- The chemicals used while applying acrylic nails should not be inhaled for too long as it can result into various discomforts like nausea and headache.
- One of the worst things that all the women do, is to forget to maintain the hygiene of their nails. Regular cleaning is very much necessary, otherwise, all those bacteria will tend to enter your body and cause various harmful medical conditions, ending you up in the hospital.
- So, if you want to save your nails from this torture then all you need do is continue reading. This article will help you to remove acrylic nails at home and the first step is to use simple hot water.
Steps to Remove Acrylic Nails
1.) Use Hot Water
Hot water is something that you can easily get for free. You don’t need to go and buy it from some store. It’s simply available in every household and a number of women are already using this remedy to remove acrylic nails effectively at home. So, here we are going to enumerate some steps to remove acrylic nails with hot water, at home.
- First, you need to heat water.
- Make sure the water is not hot enough otherwise it will burn your skin.
- Pour this water into a bowl and dip all your fingers in it.
- Keep them dipped for at least a few minutes.
- Do this until you witness the acrylic nails leaving your original nail surface.
- The fake nails will get a bit swollen due to soak.
- This means that the nails are now ready to be peeled off from your nail surface.
- Now, after the soak, you have to use an orange stick to pry up the fake nails from the original nail surface.
- Place one end of the orange stick beneath the front tip of your acrylic nails and slowly scratch off the nails.
- Meanwhile, if the water is cooled down, reheat it again and resume the procedure to remove acrylic nails.
- After this, you have to brush off the acrylic nails and use a file to remove any such remains from your original nail surface.
- Use Vaseline or any other moisturizing lotion for your hands after completing this procedure to remove acrylic nails. This is because hot water soak can dry away your skin around the nails.
- This method is quite easy as compared to other methods to remove acrylic nails.
2.) Use Household Ingredients
For removing acrylic nails, you don’t have to especially book an appointment at the salon. With the help of few things that are easily available at your place, you can easily get rid of acrylic nails. Below is the list of tools you need to do this method:
Things You Need:
- Nail clippers.
- Nail lacquer remover.
- Heat resistant glass bowl.
- Natural Olive oil.
- Good quality moisturizing lotion.
- Vaseline Petroleum jelly.
- Clean Hand Towel.
- Orange stick.
- Nail file and buffer.
- Start with trimming your nails as short as possible.
- Do it carefully so that you don’t hurt your nail bed.
- This will make the process easier to implement when you want to remove acrylic nails.
- Now, get a glass bowl and fill it with acetone.
- Now, use a nail buffer or filer to remove the acrylic nails from the original nail surface.
- Make sure to make uninformed movements while using the nail file or buffer.
- After you are done, clean the powdery dust from your nails.
- Now, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the skin to protect it from the acetone.
- Do not apply it on the nails as this will allow the acetone to get through the jelly to your skin.
- Dip your fingers in the acetone bowl for almost 15-20 minutes.
- Soon you will witness the acrylic nails leaving your actual nail’s surface.
- Remove your fingers from the bowl and start peeling the fake nails off.
- In case you feel any resistance while removing the acrylic nails, repeat the above procedure again.
- After removing the fake nails, wash your hands properly to get rid of petroleum jelly and any acetone remains.
- The last and the very important step involves, applying cuticle oil or olive oil to moisturize your nails as they dry out after using acetone.
3.) Use a Dental Floss
To try this method, ask a person or your friend to help you achieve the goal of this method:
- Dental floss.
- Moisturizing lotions or olive oil.
- A clean hand towel.
- A cuticle stick and
- Your bestie.
- In this step, you will need your bestie or your sister.
- Because your partner will be using the dental floss to remove acrylic nails from your fingers.
- So, start with the snipping off the bottom tip of the acrylic nails using a cuticle stick.
- Then gently ask your partner to place the floss under the snipped nail.
- Use the to and fro movements to eliminate the fake nail from your original nail surface.
- Continue with the movements until the acrylic nail is eliminated from your original nail.
- Once done, move on to the other finger, working with one at a time.
- Do not yank the fake nail trying to get it out, as this tear your original nail.
- This can take a few weeks to completely heal, so be careful.
- When you are done with removing the acrylic nails, use a nail buffer to remove any remains.
- Use acetone to completely clean the surface of your nail.
- Wash your hands properly with warm water and soap.
- Towel dry your hands and use a good quality moisturizing lotion for your hands.
- This is to rehydrate the skin that is dried out due to the acetone.
- One done, leave your nails for a few days in their original look.
- After a few days, you can carry on with the application of new lacquers and try other styles your nails to stand out in the crowd.
4.) Use Nail Paint Remover And Foil
This is another convenient method that you can try at home without spending a penny from your won pocket. All you need is an aluminum foil that is easily available material in our kitchen. Follow the steps given below to try this method:
- A nail polish remover
- Aluminum Foil
- Nail clipper
- Cotton balls
- Take some cotton ball and dip into nail polish remover.
- Now, place the cotton on all fingers and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Keep it for 15- 20 minutes then remove it.
- You will observe that while removing aluminum foil your acrylic nails will also fall automatically.
5.) Use Acetone And Petroleum Jelly
This is one of the most effective, convenient and affordable ways to remove fake nails. You only need to buy pure acetone from the nearby beauty store. Follow the steps given below to try this method.
- Petroleum jelly
- Nail Clippers
- Moisturizing cream
- Cotton Balls
- Buffing Stick
- Take aluminium foil and cut it according the shape of your fingers.
- Soak cotton balls in pure acetone and place it on every nail.
- Wrap the piece of aluminium foil around each finger so that the cotton ball stays in place.
- Keep your nails wrapped in aluminium foil for atleast 30 to 40 minutes.
- After this time period, you can remove the aluminium foil and cotton balls.
- With the help of a buffing stick take off the acrylic nails. If you feel that it is hard to take off the nails, then again soak your nails in acetone for some more time.
- Repeat this process if any traces are left behind.
If your nail growth is very slow or they break quickly then, you can use acrylic nails but with maximum safety to the nails. If it is important to put on acrylic nails for you then make sure, you should also know how to remove acrylic nails. Remember, due to the nature of acrylic nails, you have to remove it after a week or two. Above This is one of the easiest methods on how to get acrylic nails off. You can share this method with your friends or family members, so they get to know how you remove acrylic nails.