They can either make you feel conscious about yourself or they can make you feel beautiful. Those black colored little follicles are called moles. Moles can be caused due to accidents, by birth, or due to some skin diseases. They aren’t harmful. According to doctors, moles can be caused because of a cell called melanocyte which is responsible for giving color to your skin or it decides your skin complexion. The cells accumulate in a particular area instead of distributing all over the skin. Due to the accumulation of cells, the mole is slightly bumpy and is also far darker than the surrounding skin. In the following article, we present some remedies to remove moles.
Top Remedies to Remove Moles Naturally
1.) Garlic to Treat Moles
Garlic is a super food. It can be used to lighten the pigmentation. If the mole is flat, it helps in lightening the dark color. Garlic has various other properties which can be used by us instead of using it just to refry our pulses. It can be used for regaining hair, for removal of pimples, for cleaning certain utensils. Garlic is the most widely used remedy by people to treat moles.
- Peel a garlic clove and crush it completely.
- Apply on the mole generously and cover it with a bandage and keep it overnight.
- Remove the bandage and clean the affected area.
- Repeat this step daily for a few days, and you will see that the mole will fall off automatically.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Moles
Apple cider vinegar is basically vinegar, which is acidic in nature. It helps to cure the mole by burning it down slowly and finally scabbing it off. Because of its acidic nature when it’s poured on the skin, it feels like somebody is pinching. It has a very stingy effect on the skin.
- Take some amount of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Apply a generous coat of petroleum jelly on the surrounding area of the mole, to prevent the contact of skin and apple cider vinegar.
- Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the vinegar.
- Gently apply the vinegar to the affected area and cover it with a bandage and let the bandage rest overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning and clean it.
3.) Flaxseed Oil to Get Rid of Moles
Flaxseed oil is yet another used ingredient for the removal of moles. It slowly loosens the mole from the edges, gradually allowing it to come off. Flaxseed oil works effectively if used with honey. Honey, on the other hand, has anti-bacterial properties, which prevents the area from secondary infections and also has scar removal properties.
- Wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Take a teaspoon each of flaxseed oil, flaxseed powder and honey, mix it well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the mole and protect the area with gauze and medical tapes if you need to.
- Leave it on for an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water.
4.) Iodine to Treat Moles
Iodine is a very useful product when it comes to treating moles. It has the tendency to trigger cell death and therefore it can, help you get rid of the mole.
- Take the iodine in a small dropper and apply petroleum jelly to the surrounding area of the mole.
- With the help of a dropper, apply iodine to the mole and cover it with a gauze or a bandage and leave it overnight.
- Continue the process until the mole falls off.
5.) Banana Peels to Remove Moles
Banana peels are heroes in disguise. We generally throw them in the trash, but they need to be preserved and used. They can help you get whiter teeth, they can help you in shedding those extra kilos. One should include them in the diet to improve their digestive system as it really rich in fibers. Banana peels can be helpful in getting rid of moles as well.
- Take some banana peels and directly place the peel on the mole. Cover it with a bandage avoiding the peel to fall.
- Continue doing the process until the mole falls off.
6.) Tea Tree Oil to Remove Moles
Tea tree oil, which is again a natural ingredient seems to work pretty well for moles with a shallow root. According to scientists, it has proven anti-bacterial properties, which protect the area from various other infections. Tea tree oil doesn’t have any side effects and is also very cost effective.
- Dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil and apply on the mole.
- Cover the area with a bandage for an hour and clean it using a cloth.
- Repeat this twice a week and be regular.
7.) Frankincense to Get Rid of Moles Fast
Frankincense is not a widely used product for moles because a lot of people are unaware of it. In some places, frankincense is used as a vaporizer and is inhaled to relax the mind and body. But it is a very effective product as it works like an astringent. Sometimes when moles are behaving difficult and not falling off, frankincense does wonders.
- Take a small amount of frankincense essential oil and take a little amount of olive oil as well.
- Mix both the oils together and apply it on the mole for some hours.
- Clean the area thoroughly.
- Repeat this exercise 2-3 times in a week.
8.) Baking Soda to Remove Moles
Baking soda can treat moles when mixed with castor oil. Though it is a slow process, but it can be treated well, with evidence. Baking soda comes with a lot of amazing properties and benefits. A great benefit about it is, it never leaves a scar behind. It is not painful at all and doesn’t involve any infections too.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and take half a teaspoon of castor oil.
- Mix them well to form a paste and apply it on the mole.
- Let it dry for a few hours and then wash it off with cool water. Pat it dry with a soft and clean hand towel.
9.) Onion Juice to Treat Moles
Like apple cider vinegar, onion juice is too acidic in nature. Because of the acidity, it helps in the removal of moles. It works layer by layer. And apart from the removal of moles onion juice also helps in brightening complexion and evens it too.
- Take an onion and extract out the juice. With the help of a q-tip apply it on the mole.
- Let it dry for over half an hour and then wash it off with clean room temperature water.
10.) Potato Helps Remove Moles
According to a lot of dermatologists, the potato has skin healing properties as it contains phosphorus, sulfur, potassium and chlorine, which helps in the removal of moles and blemishes. Potato also has various vitamins and fibers which help in digestion. Potatoes should be used regularly on the face in the form of a ground puree or thin cut slices.
- Take a medium sized raw potato and cut it into thin slices or make a puree.
- Apply the slices or the puree on the mole and let it dry away completely.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat it dry.
- Repeat this process 2 times in a day till you get rid of the mole.
11.) Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit comes with a lot of colors and benefits. It helps in the prevention of asthma, and cancer. It helps in weight loss which is one of the most concerned issues across the globe. As far as moles are concerned, grapefruit has an alkaline nature and it contains many minerals, vitamins, citric acids and their salts which will help in eliminating a mole.
- Take a drop of the grapefruit seed extract with the help of a dropper and apply on the mole.
- Cover it with a bandage and seal it with adhesive tape.
- Leave it for several hours or overnight and wash it off and clean the affected area thoroughly.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times every day for several weeks.
12.) Castor Oil
This is another great remedy to get rid of moles fast. Castor oil is known for its removal properties. It helps remove moles and other unwanted skin growths effectively. Just apply castor oil regularly on the mole for 3-4 times a day to remove it as soon as possible.
Moles also occur genetically and also decrease after a certain age. Sometimes the mole is cancerous. Moles which are cancerous in nature tend to change their shape and size after a certain period of time. If you notice such a situation visit your doctor before its too late.