Do you want to get rid of those visible lines on the stomach, thighs, buttocks or hips? If yes, then read our article to discover some natural remedies to remove stretch marks. Many people think stretch marks appear due to pregnancy. But this is not the truth. It could also be a result of sudden weight gain or due to heredity.
Now let us understand the exact meaning of stretch marks. Our skin is made up of 3 layers. The first one is the epidermis, the second one is the dermis and the third one is hypodermic. When the connective tissue is stretched too much due to expansion or contraction of skin, stretch marks are formed in the dermis. Too much stretching weakens the collagen due to which the skin gets damaged and fine scars and lines appear on the top layer of the skin. The lines are reddish in color and are very thin. Generally, you will find stretch marks in those areas where a large amount of fat is stored such as hips, buttocks, thighs, and abdomen.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
- When you gain a lot of weight in a short period of time.
- They are caused because of heredity.
- At the time of puberty. In the case of boys, you can see the stretch marks on the shoulders and girls have stretch marks on the hips, thighs, and breast.
- Stretch marks can be seen at the time of pregnancy.
- Crushing’s syndrome and Marfan syndrome cause stretch marks.
Natural Remedies to Remove Stretch Marks:
1.) Aloe Vera for Stretch Marks:
The collagen present in Aloe Vera gel is known for healing the repaired skin. The nutrients and active components of Aloe Vera help to remove stretch marks. Aloe Vera has a high water content that helps in the sustenance of skin tissues. It repairs the damage caused by the stretch marks by penetrating deep into the skin. The anti-oxidant properties of Aloe Vera promote the growth of new skin cells to remove the stretch marks. It also keeps the skin youthful and supple.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera:
Follow the steps given below:
- Directly apply the extract of Aloe Vera on the stretch marks. You can also buy an Aloe Vera gel from the market.
- Clean the area with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Do this several times a day to remove Stretch marks.
- Take one-fourth cup of Aloe Vera gel.
- Add vitamin E oil. You can take 10 Vitamin E capsules to extract the oil.
- Mix vitamin A oil. You can take 5 capsules to extract the oil.
- Massage this on the stretch marks. Make sure that it is absorbed completely.
- Repeat the process daily to get rid of stretch marks.
2.) Castor Oil to Remove Stretch Marks:
Castor oil has the presence of a fatty acid called ricinoleic acid, which makes it an amazing choice to get rid of stretch marks. This harmless method is effective in dealing with stretch marks, wrinkles and fine lines. It is inexpensive and has a soothing effect. Castor oil is loaded with skin-repairing antioxidants. It is a good choice for healing the broken collagen in the dermis.
Steps to Use Castor Oil:
- Massage castor oil on the stretch marks.
- Massage in circular motions for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the stretch marks with a thin cotton cloth.
- Compress the area with hot water bottle.
- Do this for at least half an hour.
- Continue this treatment for one month to see positive results.
3.) Potato Juice to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
Starch soothes the skin because of its emollient properties. This starch content of potato makes it one of the best remedies to remove stretch marks. Antioxidants in potato help to reduce stretch marks by preventing the cell damage. It is also a good source of potassium, folate, vitamin C, magnesium, and zinc.
Steps to Use Potato Juice:
- Take a medium sized potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Rub the potato slices on the stretch marks.
- Allow the juice to stay on the stretch marks for a few minutes.
- Make sure that stretch marks are covered with that starch.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
4.) Egg Whites to Reduce Stretch Marks:
Egg white is loaded with amino acids and proteins. This repairs the damaged skin and keeps it smooth and youthful. This is an excellent remedy to remove stretch marks.
Steps to Use Egg Whites:
- Clean the stretch marks with water.
- Use a makeup brush to apply a thick layer of egg whites on the stretch marks.
- Before cleaning it with water make sure that it has dried completely.
- Rub some olive oil on the stretch marks. This is done to keep the skin hydrated.
- Repeat the treatment regularly for 2 weeks to remove stretch marks.
5.) Sugar to Remove Stretch Marks:
This is one of the best remedies to remove stretch marks. The glycolic acid present in sugar generates younger and fresh skin by stimulating the skin. The small particles of sugar remove the dead skin cells by exfoliating the skin.
Steps to Use Sugar:
- Pour a few drops of almond oil and lemon juice in one tablespoon of raw sugar.
- Stir it well and apply this paste on the stretch marks.
- Rub this paste on the stretch marks for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process daily before taking a shower.
- Continue this for a month to make your stretch marks light.
6.) Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks:
This hydrating vegetable fat is used in a variety of skin care products. It is used because of its moisturizing properties. It removes the stretch marks by repairing the damaged skin. Cocoa butter dissolves at body temperature and ooze effectively in the skin. The antioxidants in cocoa butter prevent the production of free radicals that are responsible for damaging skin cells. It also prevents cellular damage.
Steps to Use Cocoa Butter:
- In a half cup of cocoa butter, add one tablespoon of wheat germ oil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of mashed beeswax.
- Mix one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apricot kernel oil.
- Put this mixture on the flame to melt the beeswax.
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container.
- Keep this jar in the refrigerator.
- Apply this mixture on the stretch marks for about 3 to 4 times a day.
- You can directly apply cocoa butter on the stretch marks.
7.) Apricot Mask to Remove Stretch Marks:
The exfoliating tendencies of apricot make it a good choice to remove stretch marks. It rejuvenates the skin and lightens the stretch marks. Try this amazing remedy to see the positive results within a month.
Steps to Use Apricot:
- Remove the seeds from 2 to 3 apricots.
- Crumble the apricot to make a fine paste.
- Apply this as a mask on the stretch marks.
- Allow it to stay on the stretch marks for about 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to clean the area.
- Repeat the process for at least one month to remove stretch marks.
8.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
The vitamin E in olive oil makes it a perfect remedy to remove stretch marks. It will be more effective if you start applying olive oil from the day you see those lines. Olive oil is full of antioxidants. These antioxidants give oxygen over the stretch marks due to which they start disappearing.
Steps to Use Olive Oil:
- Heat a cup of olive oil.
- Massage the affected area with warm olive oil.
- Do this continuously to get rid of stretch marks.
Best Stretch Marks Cream for Your Skin:
Camille Rose Naturals: This cream is packed with vitamins and natural ingredients such as coconut oil, cocoa butter, and tea tree oil. This cream with sweet fragrance will help to remove the stretch marks.
Belli Stretch Mark Minimizing Cream: This powerful product contains natural ingredients like avocado oil, which makes it a perfect choice for reducing the stretch marks.
Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Cream: This is known as defense cream, which works fast to reduce the stretch marks. It is packed with jojoba oil and green tea extract. This is a good choice for healing the damaged skin.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula: This is a budget friendly cream and that is why is the number one choice of people. This cream will help you to get rid of stretch marks.