Warts are the type of skin problem that caused by the viral infection. It’s small, rough and solid blister which generally appears on the human hands and feet. It looks so ugly and frustrating as they are very difficult to heal and do not have a proper cure. If you are really fussing about warts on your hand, face, and another body part. It appears in the form of clusters, single dot, black spot in the center and has rough skin surface. This raised bump appears on the skin triggers by the human papillomavirus. It sometimes can be so irritating, embarrassing and extremely painful. In this article, we are discussing different methods to remove warts. Before moving towards method we should know about different types of wart.
Different Types of Warts:
- Common Warts: It is a raised bump with the rough surface and can appear on the hands or any part of the body. It is also known as Junior wart or Palmer wart.
- Flat Warts: It generally appears like small, smooth and flat warts. It seems like a flesh color warts, which usually forms in the cluster and in large number. It can be on face, neck, hands, wrists and knees.
- Digitate Warts: It looks like a thread or finger warts, which generally occur in the near the eyelids, lips and is most common in the face.
- Genital Warts, which forms in the genital area.
- Mosaic Warts: A tight cluster formation of warts in the groups and usually occurs on the face or sole of the feet.
- Periungal Warts: It appears like cauliflower, around the nail.
- Plantar Warts: Hard in surface and painful lump. It is multiple in form, found on the pressure points on the sole and black in the center.
Remove Warts with Home Remedies
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is very effective home remedy and also remove warts from the skin. It has many different properties which make it a good cure for warts. It has antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. For this method dilutes 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in one teaspoon of water to remove warts. With the help of cotton swab, apply the vinegar on the affected area and wrap it with cotton bandage. Do this for weeks and you will see warts will become black, then fall off.
2.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Warts
It helps to remove warts. As it has strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help to remove warts. It also fights against the virus that causes warts. For this remedy makes a thick paste by adding one teaspoon of the baking soda and white vinegar. Apply that paste on the affected area, twice in a day. You can make another paste of baking soda and castor oil. Mix both the ingredients and then apply on the affected areas.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Warts
tea tree oil is highly effective and has antiviral properties which make it a good cure for warts. It is advisable to dilute the tea tree oil with some essential oil. You can also dilute the tea tree oil with Aloe Vera gel for the better result. Apply the diluted oil many times in a day, especially when you are going to bed.
4.) Castor Oil to Treat Warts
You can use virgin castor oil to remove warts. The Ricinoleic component present in the castor oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Castor oil is very effective on small, flat warts on hands and feet. Apply the thick castor oil for warts affected area till the skin absorbed the oil. Before going to bed, take a cotton swab and apply the castor oil to help of cotton swab on the affected area. Wrap the bandage around it and leave it for a night. Next morning, remove a bandage and sink your skin in warm water, then kindly rub the dead skin with pumice stones.
5.) Use Basil to Remove Warts
As the basil leaves have some amazing properties to treat warts. It has anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. For this remedy, crush the basil leaves and rub the leaves on warts. You can use crushed leaves and place it over warts, cover the area with a bandage.
6.) Banana to Remove Warts
Banana is very delicious in taste, but it is also very effective to remove warts. As it has strong antioxidant properties that remove warts. It also contains oil, which is very helpful in dissolving warts and fight against the virus which caused warts. Take one banana and cut one piece of the banana. Place the piece over warts and wrap it with the tape. Do this remedy as much you can don’t forget to do this before going to bed. For this remedy use green banana peel instead of ripe banana. You can also rub the fresh slice on the wart to remove warts.
7.) Garlic to Get Rid of Warts
It is very effective in the fight against the virus as it is antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial in nature. You can take one garlic clove and crush it. Place the crushed clove on the affected area and cover it with bandaged. Leave the crushed garlic on the affected area like this for 20 minutes, then wash the area. Do this remedy twice in a day for one week. The effect of garlic will remove warts.
8.) Try the Hot Water Soak
It is one of the convenient and easy to remove warts. Hot water, soft the affected area and also helps in preventing infection. You can add Epsom salt or white vinegar in hot water to remove warts, otherwise, plain water will also help you.
Remove Warts Medically:
- You can remove warts with salicylic acid and use 100% Trichloroacetic acid, which contains compounds W and Occlusal. It is very effective, but it may take weeks to work.
- Take water in the tub and soak the skin in water and let it remain like this for 5 minutes or longer. After that, gently apply the acid on the on the affected area and leave it to dry. You can also leave it for the whole remaining day, then peel or file the skin. Also, file the rest remaining dead skin.
- TCA skin wart tag remover kit: it is the best method to remove the medium size warts (under 6mm or bigger than the size of 2 erasers. This the best method to remove warts safely and effectively. It also removes all kinds of warts. It takes 20-30 minutes in the procedure of TCA depend on the size of the wart.
- Duct tape is also one of the methods very in removing warts, as it is shown in many studies that people get tired of finding the effectiveness of the duct tape on warts. Duct tape is occlusion therapy that is used in general areas which choke warts itself. Although it takes too much of time and most people didn’t see any success in it.
- You can use Cantharidin, it is the chemical which burns the wart and helps in removing warts from the skin. It cost you very expensive but are very effective to get rid of warts. It will give you pain, but you see the effective result in just one day. As the doctor uses this chemical directly on the skin and wraps the area with a bandage. The next day, when you remove the bandage, it will take away the wart with it. If this method won’t work, consult a doctor.
- Cut out warts, for this method you need to consult a doctor to cut out warts. Don’t think to cut the wart by own, there are chances of damaging the skin. It is the best to consult a doctor that help in preventing infection and also reduce the pain by giving anesthetic. You can also go for Electrosurgery in which warts are removed by giving electron current. You can try another option which is laser surgery by giving an intense beam of light.