The eyebrows are the most important feature of your body and the shape of your eyebrows can enhance your impression by fawning your facial shape, framing your eyes and balancing your features. If you have thick, full eyebrows, you might need to shape them. For shaping your brows, you can choose from waxing, threading or tweezing. If you have thin and small eyebrows, you may need to fill them in with a pencil. In this article, we will tell you simple steps to shape eyebrows.
A correct change in your eyebrows can highlight your other facial features. Do it the wrong way will spoil your appearance. It is not so easy to find the best shape for your eyebrows without killing the natural appearance. You need to be somewhere in between too bushy and thin eyebrows because both can be quite disturbing or outdated looks. To know how to shape your eyebrows, you need to learn about how to find the arch, best length and thickness of eyebrows as per your face type.
Basic Methods to Shape Eyebrows at Home
Long and bushy eyebrows can spoil your overall look. Tweezing or plucking your eyebrows from time to time can help you maintain perfect shape. Some people have pencil-thin hair in their eyebrows, but a defined shape can make it look beautiful. There are a few basic steps which you can follow to make your eyebrows look beautiful. With these tips, you don’t need to go to a salon every time to put your eyebrows back in shape. Try trimming your eyebrows at home and change your look completely.
1. Determine Your Eyebrow Shape to Your Face Shape
For every different type of faces, you need different and specific tips to shape your eyebrows. Here are 6 commons faces types and how to shape eyebrows according to those face types.
- Long Face
If your facial features are vertically stretched out, widen your eyebrows from east to west will help balance things a little. Make sure to widen the tail afar the corner of your eyes or even a bit longer. Do not let it out too far or else it will make your eyes look saggy.
- Oval Face
For oval face type, you need to have classic and well-balanced brows. It is easy to shape your eyebrows and show a lucent impression.
- Square Face
A square face has a square jaw that boosts the angularity of the face. In this face type, you need to go for softly rounded eyebrows. Ensure that your brows are neither too angular nor too round. Rainbow shape brows are never going to look good on a square face.
- Round Face
Angular eyebrows will look great for people with round faces. Very angular brows will add a degree of definition in a rounder face and even defines the facial bone structure. A higher arch will look good for people with round faces.
- Diamond Face
People with diamond shape face, need to take steps to soften the angles in their face. It can be achieved this by opting for curved brows.
- Heart Face
A heart-shaped face with a small jaw line and focus on the upper part of the face, you should say no to bold brows and stick to neatly manicured brows. It does mean you should have an overly thin brow. Only make sure that they are not bushy and you are good to go.
A few important things to know about shaping your eyebrows irrespective of your face shape:
- Make sure that your brow starts right at the bridge of your nose.
- The arch required being about two-third of the way out.
- Never cut the eyebrows short and ensure that the tails lift the eye.
2. Get Necessary Tools at Hand to Shape Eyebrows
To trim eyebrow hair, you need to select the right scissors. If you have chosen cuticle scissors to trim your eyebrows, then you will definitely face problems. This is because the cuticle scissors are curved at the beginning. So if you use them, you will end up with uneven trimming of your eyebrows. Some of the hair of the eyebrows will remain longer and some extremely short. Overall, it will be a complete mess. Scissors should be completely straight if you are using them to shape eyebrows.
3. Map Out Your Eyebrows to Shape Eyebrows
- Start with the inner corner of your brow. Your brow must be in a row with your nostril to get the perfect shape, hold a pencil parallel to the side of the edge of your nose.
- Brush the inner corner of a brow with a brow brush or an old mascara wand. Brush upwards and the hair that stands longer than natural hairline must be trimmed.
- The highest point of the brow is the arch. To know your arch, hold the pencil crosswise from your nostril to the outer corner of the iris of your eye.
- To mark where your brow should end hold the pencil like you did for the arch. Place it crosswise from your nostril to the outer edge of your eye. So, these are the three points of your eyebrows. Dot these points with a brow pencil and start threading, tweezing or waxing to get.
4. Ease the Plucking Pain
If plucking is too painful or skin is most sensitive, dab on a numbing gel before you start tweezing.
5. Where to End Your Outer Brow
Angle the straight corner in a way that it adjoins the outer corner of your nose while staying along the outer corner of your eye. This is the point where your brow should end. Mark it too.
6. Know The Thickness of Your Brow
Connect the marking points into a line along the lower corner of your brow. Then just stick to the natural curvature of your brow. This will help you to know the thickness of your brow.
7. Fill in Limited Spots
- Use an eyebrow pencil if your brows are a little too light. For lighter brows pick two times darker shade than your hair. For naturally dark eyebrows, you will need a pencil with a lighter color.
- Keep your skin tight while using the pencil. Then, use the pencil along the upper corner and then move to the lower corner of your brow. Use flimsy strokes to fill in spots. Be sure to blend.
8. Apply Eyebrow Gel to Shape Eyebrows
At the end, you may apply some high-quality eyebrow gel on your eyebrows. This will highlight the beauty of your brows and give a natural glossy look to your eyebrows. This can improve the texture of your eyebrow hair.
Note: Tweeze After Shower to Shape Eyebrows. Because the warm water helps to open the follicles and softens hairs, helping them come out more easily.
Some Tips to Shape Eyebrows:
1. Castor Oil
Applying castor oil to eyebrows can really help by making them thicker.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a proven remedy for thick brows. Besides boosting up the growth of your eyebrows, it also helps in softening and adding shine to the skin around the brow.
Apply Vaseline on your eyebrows twice or thrice a day to shape eyebrows. It will moisturize and condition the area, thereby, helping in thickening of your eyebrows.
4. Kohl & Olive Oil
Olive oil and kohl, when used together, serves a great remedy for getting thick eyebrows. Kohl will provide dark color and olive oil will help in thickening your brows.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very widely known for hair growth. Apply warm coconut oil on your eyebrows and let it penetrate for the whole night for getting desired results.
6. Almond Oil to Shape Eyebrows
Enriched with vitamin E, almond oil is very good for you to shape eyebrows. Apply a little amount of almond oil on a regular basis will add volume to eyebrows.
Shape eyebrows with these simple tips at home.