If you have got a sore throat, we bring you several effective remedies to soothe a sore throat here. A sore throat is not a seasonal infection, it is a bacterial infection that causes inflammation and pain in the throat. It is a communicable disease that can spread from one person to another. And if you have had a sore throat for more than a week then there are chances of strep throat, tonsillitis or any other bacterial throat infection. In that case, you will need antibiotics. Getting a sore throat seeks your attention, you are not able to focus on any other things. If you are working then it can create a problem for you while your office hours.
As we are discussing sore throat here, we will also discuss the symptoms and the causes of a sore throat to make the treatments easier for you. This information will help you to find out the best remedy for your sore throat so that you can get fast results and can get back to your work as soon as possible.
Symptoms of a Sore Throat:
- Muscle pain.
- Hiccups and Sneezing.
- Scratchy sensation in throat.
- Worsens with swallowing.
- Pus or patches on the tonsils.
- Muffled Voice.
Causes of a Sore Throat:
- Excessive smoking.
- Allergies with dust or any other object.
- Pollution and other environmental factors.
- Irritation in the air or dry air.
- Viral Infection and bacterial infection.
These are the causes and the symptoms of a sore throat. With the help of them, you can identify your reason of a sore throat and get relief faster. Now, we have brought you some home treatments to soothe a sore throat faster and naturally.
Natural Treatments to Soothe a Sore Throat
1.) Honey to Get Rid of a Sore Throat Naturally: –
Honey is always used as an age old remedy for a sore throat, cold, cough and nasal infection. It is antibacterial and it works as a hypertonic osmotic in a sore throat. It draws out the water of inflamed tissues. Honey reduces the swelling and the discomfort of the throat.
- For this, you only have to do is, just make a simple tea and instead of sugar add honey to it.
- Alternatively, you can take 2 teaspoons of raw honey to soothe a sore throat.
- You can add honey to the mint tea or to a cup of Echinacea tea.
2.) Peppermint to Soothe a Sore Throat Fast: –
Peppermint has menthol properties as it appears in its name only and the menthol is work as a decongestant by thinning the mucus. Its properties soothe a sore throat and ease a cough, especially dry one.
- Make a peppermint for yourself. For this, add 2 teaspoons of peppermint leave to the warm water.
- Boil it for 10 minutes and turn off the gas flame and then add sugar.
- Have it whenever you want to drink it to soothe a sore throat faster.
Note: – If you sweeten it honey instead of sugar, then it will be more effective for you.
3.) Garlic as a Natural Remedy to Soothe a Sore Throat: –
Garlic contains compounds, which produce allicin and these compounds are alliin and alliinase. It is a natural antibiotic agent. Maybe you do not like the taste of garlic like other most of people but you can not ignore its benefits. It keeps your digestion easy and smooth.
- All you have to do is just eat one or two fresh garlic clove every day. If you are worried that your mouth will stink after that then you can eat it before going to sleep.
4.) Pomegranate to Soothe a Sore Throat Faster: –
There is a long list of the benefits of pomegranate. But, in order to discuss a sore throat, we will focus on that only. It has the antioxidant property that fights with the infection of a sore throat. It contains astringents, it is a substance that reduces the swelling of the throat and diminishes the pain.
- Boil a 3 – 4 cups water in a pan for 5 minutes
- Add the collected pomegranate seeds and peels to the water and boil it for 15 minutes.
- Later, let it stay until it gets ready to drink.
- Drink a cup of tea two times in a day or if you do not want to drink it then you can gargle with it to soothe a sore throat.
- Another option to use pomegranate is to extract the juice of it with the help of a juicer and drink it 3 times in a day.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of a Sore Throat Instantly: –
It is a natural remedy to soothe a sore throat. The components chamomile contain, kill bacteria and it acts as a painkiller too. It contains antispasmodic, antioxidant and aroma opens up properties that relax the muscles.
- Heat up a cup of water and add chamomile tea bags to it.
- Cover it and let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Then add lemon and honey as per your requirement and enjoy your cup of tea.
- Have it 2 times in a day to soothe a sore throat faster.
6.) Cloves to Treat Soothe a Sore Throat Naturally: –
Cloves ease the pain of the throat. Dentists used to use it as an antiesthetic at one time and some dentists still use it. It contains eugenol that is a natural pain killer and also acts as an anti-bacterial. It numbs the affected for a while so that you can get relief for some. Though it is a temporary treatment but if you take it regularly, then it will gradually remove the soreness of the throat.
- Suck one or two cloves until it becomes soft, then chew it like a gum.
- If you swallow it afterward, then it is not harmful.
- Use it as per your need to soothe a sore throat.
- Do not replace clove oil with cloves otherwise, it may cause a stomach pain.
7.) Baking Soda Tea to Soothe a Sore Throat Overnight: –
It is a simple and effective home remedy for a sore throat. It has antibacterial properties that kill the unpleasant camping of the throat. Baking soda also has Alkaline PH that can soothe the minor irritation, rashes and scratchiness of the throat and also, works for swollen tissues in your throat.
Salt reduces the swelling of the throat and shrinks the swollen cells. It also eases the pain. Both the ingredients have work similarly that is good for your sore throat.
8.) Marshmallow Root to Get Rid of a Sore Throat Faster: –
Marshmallow Root soothes a raw and painful throat, it contains mucus substance that coats the throat. It also reduces the swelling and inflammation of the mucous membranes. Marshmallow is also good for a dry cough, stomach, diarrhea, constipation, urinary tract, and stones.
- Simply boil some water and add marshmallow roots and hibiscus flower to it.
- Let it boil for five minutes and then place it in the refrigerator until it gets cool.
- Now enjoy your marshmallow tea. Drink this two times in a day to soothe a sore throat.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat a Sore Throat Quickly: –
Apple cider vinegar has acidic properties that can kill bacteria in the throat. It loosens the phlegm that can irritate your throat. Its acidity acts as a pH reducer of the tissues. Raw apple cider vinegar has prebiotic insulin and its work is to increase t cells and blood cells count and also boosts up the immune system.
- Simply sip a very small amount (a half teaspoon) of apple cider vinegar and after that drink some water.
- Repeat it several times in a day with the gap of 30 minutes between each sip.
- In the other way, take a few drops of apple cider vinegar in warm water and gargle.
- Replay it two times in a day to get rid of a sore throat faster.
Note: – After both the process, do not forget to wash your mouth. As apple cider vinegar has an acidic effect, the acid may stick to your teeth.
10.) Coffee to Treat a Sore Throat Quickly: –
Coffee is only effective if the cause of your is a common cold. It is an antioxidant, has the soothing qualities. Plus, it reduces the tiredness of the body so that you can keep doing on your work. If you have a flu, then do not take too much coffee otherwise, it will lead you to the dehydration.
Note: – Do not make it too strong and drink when it is warm. Hot intake can be harmful.
Tips to Prevent a Sore Throat: –
Prevention is very important to stop a reinfection. So follow the below-given steps to prevent future infection.
- Do not share your drinking glasses with anyone.
- If the soap and water are not available then use sanitizers, especially before eating, but hand wash will be more preferable.
- Make your contact limited with things that are commonly touched.
- Reduce your exposure to the pollen, dust, mold and other allergens.
- Always keep a humidifier at home to abolish dryness in the house.
- Try to leave the habit of smoking weed, hash, cigarette and etc