What happens if your nose starts bleeding? Don’t get scared or faint if you see blood coming out of your nose. Nose bleeding is a very common problem, everyone has experienced Bloody nose in our daily lives, but this problem is very common in children. Children are very prone to injury while playing and running. Nose bleeding often not serious, but very infuriating and maddening. Sometimes it can be dangerous if you lose lots of blood. But it’s not a major problem and it can be treated at home easily with few remedies to stop a bloody nose.
Nose is a vital organ, which performs the diverse function in your body and filters the air particle and refraining the pollen grain with 100% efficiency. Epistaxis, also known as Nose bleeding, is a common occurrence of bleeding a nose. Nose bleeding happens when tiny vessels inside the nostrils get raptures because of sneezing, picking and blowing the nose. A Bloody nose can also occur due to high blood pressure. In this article, you will read various effective remedies to stop a bloody nose.
Sign and Symptoms of a Bloody Nose:
- An Appearance of blood from one or both the nostrils.
- Blockage in the nasal passage.
- A Presence of reddish-brown particles on the cloth when you will wipe.
- Feeling difficulty in breathing and choking.
- A Sensation of fluid at the back of the throat and nose.
- Spells of fainting.
- Swelling on nose and cheeks.
- High fever and chills.
- Facial pang and numbness.
- Vision Problem.
- Nasal deformity.
Effective Home Remedies to Stop a Bloody Nose
1. Pinch and Press to Cure a Bloody Nose
It is a simple and useful treatment which is still a part from ages to treat a bloody nose. Pinching the soften area of the nose by applying finger pressure on the bleeding point of nasal septum you can stop a bloody nose.
- Sit straight with your tilted head forward, it will prevent the blood passing down to your throat.
- Use thumb and index finger to put pressure on your soften region of the which is situated just below the bony bridge.
- Continue to pinch just for 10 minutes and then breathe out, repeat it again after 5 minutes.
Note: While doing this procedure do not lay down or change your position.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop a Bloody Nose
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the easy remedies to cure bleeding nose. Vinegar contains effective ingredients that help stop a bloody nose instantly. You can buy this product from any nearby grocery market. It’s extensively used in the home for skin and hair, it contains an important ingredient that is mostly used in hair conditioners for silky and soft hair. Apple cider vinegar prevents blood loss in the blood vessel by sealing up the broken walls that cause a bloody nose.
- Absorb 2 tiny cotton balls in your nostrils.
- Leave it for 10-5 minutes and then take them out.
- You can also try, by mixing up 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water and drink it 3 times in a day.
3. Cold Compress to Treat a Bloody Nose
The Excess cold temperature of ice, tighten the blood vessels and prevent the nose bleeding. It’s another effective way to stop a bloody nose in adults. In the case of nose injury, it reduces the inflammation caused by the nose injury. Do not apply the ice directly on your nose.
- Sit straight by tilting your head, it will prevent blood flow getting down in your throat.
- Wrap the ice in a soft cloth and compress the bridge for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure if needed.
4. Saline Water to Stop a Bloody Nose
It is considered as an effective remedy to stop a bloody nose. Saline water, moisturize and soothe the inner lining of the nasal passage and reduce the irritation caused by nasal membranes. It is often used for nasal irritation in order to clean blockage which is caused by sinusitis and nasal allergies due to dust, pollen and stick particles in the nose.
- Take a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, and mix the mixture.
- With the help of a dropper, drop 2-3 drops in each nostril.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times till the irritation cure.
- You can also try a saline nasal spray.
5. Steam to Cure a Bleeding Nose
Never miss an opportunity to take steam. Steam is a cure for many problems. Steam is one of the effective home remedies to stop a bloody nose. It’s more helpful when a person suffering from very long time bleeding nose problem caused by low humidity levels. You should never say no to steam. It is very helpful in many ways, especially for nose bleeding as it helps keeps your nasal membrane moist.
- Take 1 liter of boiling water in a large size bowl.
- Bring your face above the boiling water to take the steam.
- Cover your face in a towel forming tent structure so that the steam does not escape from any side.
- Inhale the steam 5-10 minutes by breathing normally.
Note: Do Not lean too much towards the boiling water.
6. Onions to Stop a Bloody Nose
Onion is very effective in treating the nose bleeding, as an onion is full of rich nutrients, which is highly essential in home remedies. Onion is a powerful homemade cure for a bloody nose as they contain certain blood clotting agent, Vitamin C, and bioflavonoids, which strengthen the capillaries and making less susceptible to bleeding. A Natural fume of onion is also effective in clotting blood.
- Cut the pieces of onion in a thick slice.
- Press the slice under the nose and inhale the fumes for a minute, this will immediately stop the blood flow.
- You can also drop some of an onion juice in your nostrils.
7. Nettle to Treat a Bloody Nose
Nettle is popularly known in medicine herb, which is highly used in treating various health conditions. In nose bleeding, Nettle power ingredient shrinks the blood vessels and prevents bleeding from wounds and slow down the flow of blood. It also strengthens the capillaries and cure allergy caused by the noise bleeding.
- Inhale a dry powder leaves to stop a bloody nose.
- You can also put a few drops of nettle juice.
- 1-2 cups of nettle leaf tea daily if you suffer from chronic nose bleeds during hot and dry months.
8. Coriander to Stop a Bloody Nose
Coriander is widely used herb which is popular for not only for its aroma but also for medicines. These leaf is rich in vitamin and minerals, which is also used in Ayurveda medicines. Coriander is highly recommended treatment for stop a bloody nose. Coriander has cooling and soothing properties which shrink the blood vessels and also helpful for high blood pressure. It also prevents the irritation and allergies that cause nose bleeds.
- Coat the inner lining of the nose with coriander oil or coriander fresh juice.
- If you want, you can also use the paste of coriander leaves by applying it on the forehead to stop a bloody nose.
9. Holy Basil to Cure Bloody Nose
Holy Basil has shown a magical and powerful effect in Ayurveda. It’s essential medicinal properties and widely used as a home remedy for a sore throat and cold. Holy basil works as a nerve tonic and removes phlegm from the bronchial tube. It also soothes the stressed nerves and blood vessel to cure a bloody nose.
- You can just chew a few leaves of holy basil.
- You can also extract the juice from the holy basil and put a few drops of this juice.
10. Nasya Oil to Stop a Bloody Nose
Nasya oil is another effective remedy to cure bloody nose. It’s time-tested Ayurveda remedy for bleeding nose. It’s mostly used for dry sinuses and chronic congestion. It is a safe and effective remedy that doesn’t have any side effects. This oil is made of different essential herbs that you can purchase directly from any herbal clinic nearby you or from any online websites.
- To warm the oil, dip your oil bottle in a bowl of warm water.
- Put a few drops of warm oil with the help of a dropper.
- Message the nose gently by using the thumb and index fingers for 5 minutes.