When it comes to heart, everyone raises up their eyebrows and become consciously serious. And being that is natural because it is the heart, the most important organ of our body. No doubt every person is aware of the fact that if it is the heart, then we have to take care of it properly. Today, we are going to discuss the heartburn. It is not important that if it is the heart, then it will only affect the heart. It’s a burning feeling in the lower part of the chest, along with a sour taste in the throat. It occurs after eating a heavy meal or while lying down. The feeling last long for a few hours or for some time. To get rid of that feeling we bring you some simple and effective remedies to Stop heartburn fast.
Causes Factors Of Heartburn
Whenever, we eat anything, food passes from the mouth down to stomach from a tube which is about 10 inches long and is called the esophagus. To enter into the stomach, the food must pass through an opening between the both esophagus and stomach. This opening is like a gate to allow food to get into the stomach This opening closes as soon as food passes into the stomach. But if it doesn’t block the ways, then the acid from your stomach enters into your esophagus. The process is known as reflux. Stomach acid irritates the esophagus and causes heartburn. Hiatal hernia also causes heartburn. A hiatal hernia is a process in which part of the stomach is pushed up through the diaphragm which is the muscle between the stomach and chest and into the chest. This can also be the cause of heartburn sometimes.
There are few factors which are being added as the causes of heartburn:
Numerous things are there which can make heartburn worse. Usually, heartburn occurs after overeating. Here we are presenting before you a few of the factors of the causes which can cause heartburn worse
- Cigarette smoking.
- Fatty foods or spicy foods (such as pizza, chili, and curry).
- Lying down too soon after eating.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Certain medicines and medicines which are related to High Blood Pressure.
Best Remedies to Stop Heartburn Fast
Every problem leads to another big obstacle if we do not put a full stop to it. Be it any disease, or be it any health problem, it should be taken up top to a point where it must leave our body. And for that, we need prevention and treatment of a particular disease. Heartburn is also a big problem which leads to big gastric problems in future. So, now here, we are present before you with its treatment and remedies.
1. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Heartburn Fast
Baking soda is a medicinal soda which helps us in curing various diseases. Here also it acts as a medicine too. It is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate which gives quick and easy relief from heartburn. It is also considered to be natural antacid that works within a few minutes and gives you total relief from heartburn.
- You can mix baking soda in a glass of water.
- Drink it continuously, if you want, you can add a few drops of lemon juice also.
2. Fennel Seeds to Treat Heartburn
Fennel seeds are essential for the acid in the stomach. Moreover, the habit of chewing Fennel seeds is considered to be a nice one as it freshens our breath and also helps us to overcome the stomach acid. Drinking tea made up of Fennel seeds helps in curing heartburn.
- Add few spoons of fennel seeds into the cup of boiling water.
- Keep it on the stove for 10 minutes.
- Then, stir it and drink it.
3. Mint to Stop Heartburn Fast
Mint is helpful not only in heartburn but in many other cases too. Indigestion is also a problem which mint can resolve easily. As it has soothing properties and aids digestion, so it can treat heartburn too.
- Adding a spoonful of mint leaves in the water and then leave it for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes , drink the water which will help you in getting relief from heartburn.
4. Ginger to Get Rid of Heartburn Fast
Ginger helps to relieve heartburn by absorbing the acid in the stomach and helps to calm down the nerves that contribute to heartburn. It can also be used as a spice in cooking, you can eat raw ginger for relief and also ginger can be used as an element to put in the tea which can provide relief from heartburn. This natural herb can be consumed to prevent heartburn from recurring. Ginger is the basic spice used in the kitchen of almost every home. But now it can be used as a medicine in every home too. So ginger tea can be an example of it
- Add one teaspoon of fresh grated ginger to one cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Drink this herbal tea several times a day.
5. Vinegar to Stop Heartburn Fast
If you are suffering from acid reflux which is the biggest cause of heartburn, vinegar can act as the trigger the sphincter beneath the esophagus to close, resulting in preventing acid from rising. Apple Cider Vinegar acts as the best among all the vinegar for curing heartburn.
- Add a spoonful of apple cider vinegar into the glass of water
- Before each meal have a glass of water.
6. Aloe Vera Juice to Treat Heartburn Naturally
Aloe Vera as a name suggests acts as a bulk of properties which can cure diseases. The juice, which is being extracted from the plant of Aloe Vera is a known for a home remedy for heartburn. Its juice controls heartburn by lowering down inflammation and healing out the gastrointestinal tract.
- For getting the best results out of it, here is the remedy
- Before 20 minutes of having a meal, drink one-quarter cup of the juice.
- Do not take it in excess, be careful about it as it can become the cause of diarrhea and abdominal pain if taken in excessive amount.
7. Milk to Stop Heartburn Fast
Here comes the remedy which is not only a remedy but everything which our body needs and also a source of every nutrient which we need in our daily life. If we think about skipping this in our daily routine, then we would lose a lot from our nutritional value. Having a glass of chilled milk can be a very simple solution for mild heartburn symptoms. Milk is responsible for relaxing the valve present between the stomach and esophagus. If you do not want to have milk, you can try for other dairy products. This is the best home remedy to be followed by those who suffer from occasional heartburn at rare times.
8. Slippery Elm to Stop Heartburn Fast
Slippery Elm is considered to be an essential medicine, which is being used from centuries to treat various diseases like heartburn. It will thicken the mucous lining in the stomach. It also acts as a great barrier for the unwanted acid in the body
- Add a teaspoonful of slippery elm powder to a cup of hot water.
- Drink it after meals and at bedtime.
9. Cabbage to Get Rid of Heartburn Naturally
Cabbage juice is a natural anti-inflammatory vegetable that helps alleviate numerous kinds of digestive problems which include heartburn.
- Take a grinder and juicer, add few carrots and cabbage in it.
- Drink one cup of this juice in the morning on an empty stomach to prevent heartburn.
You can also try juices made from vegetables like Beetroots, carrots etc to reduce the production of acid in the stomach that is a primary cause of heartburn. Juices can help you in vanishing out the acid from the whole body. Liquid intake by us helps us a lot with this problem.
10. Almonds to Stop Heartburn Fast
It is the world of essential and beneficial properties. Almond lovers will be immensely happy to hear that this tasty nut is very effective in treating heartburn. You can eat three to four almonds after a meal or snack. Few people do not like plain almonds so you can choose salted raw almonds to suit your taste buds. Make them as flour like substance by chewing it. This will release the oil from the almonds, which calms production of acid in your stomach.
There are innumerable diseases and uncountable remedies for it. Few people follow it with great enthusiasm to come out of it, but few become lazy in following it. Heartburn is a disease which can be resolved easily in a short duration by using these remedies. If you are suffering from severe heartburn, go and consult a doctor to be sure that it is not a sign of a serious problem.