Sneezing is good for the human body because sneezing helps to keep us healthy. Also, for immune process sneezing is necessary. Sneezing keeps your nose clean too. But, continuous sneezing can be harmful. And continue sneezing can be a cause of sneeze attack. Yes, you can get a sneeze attack too. In this article, we will tell you several ways to stop sneezing, but before that we will discuss the causes and facts about sneezing. Frequent sneezing can embarrass you in public. There is a man who has the world record of sneeze fit for 978 days. If you do not want to make another record of sneeze fit than follow some steps and cure your sneezing problem.
Causes of Sneezing: –
- The causes of sneezing can be an infection, allergy, dust, cold, and cough and it can be seasonal also. Hay fever is also a cause of sneezing. Hay fever is a seasonal allergy, it occurs in spring season generally when in the atmosphere pollen is high. Pollens are the tiny particles which fall from the trees, grass, and weeds.
- There is a genetic reason of sneezing, some people sneeze when they step out in sunlight or bright light. People called them photic sneezers. This is a genetic issue, which runs in the family.
Home Remedies to Stop Sneezing
1.) Peppermint Oil to Stop Sneezing: –
Peppermint oil is antibacterial and antibiotic, so if you are sneezing because of the stuffy and runny nose, this will help you. It also helps cures the allergy that causes sneezing and clears the congestion.
- Take a pan and boil some water. When the water is completely boiled, add 5 drops of peppermint oil in it.
- Now take a towel and cover your head and pan with the towel and inhale the steam coming from boiled water.
- This will provide you relief instantly. Do it daily until you stop sneezing.
2.) Fennel Tea to Treat Sneezing: –
Fennel has the properties such as antibiotic and antiviral which can fight with any kind of infection. It treats upper respiratory tract infection effectively.
- Take a cup of water and boil it. Now add 2 teaspoons of Fennel seeds and cover it. Now leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes soak the water from the seeds and drink it.
- Drink it twice in a day to get rid of frequent sneezing.
3.) Chamomile Tea to Cure Sneezing: –
If the reason behind your sneezing is allergy then the chamomile is the best solution for that because it contains antihistamine properties which provide you instant relief from sneezing.
- Take a cup of water and add 2 teaspoons of chamomile flower powder in it.
- Boil it for 10 – 15 minutes. To make it tastes better to add honey as per your requirement.
- Drink this tea 2 times in a day and you will definitely get instant relief from sneezing.
4.) Garlic to Stop Frequent Sneezing: –
Garlic has the properties like anti-fungal, antibiotic and antiseptic, which can easily fight with any kind of respiratory infection. If you are sneezing due to common cold then garlic is the best remedy for you to stop sneezing.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic and crush them to make a fine paste.
- Now inhale it. This will definitely not going to smell very good, but trust me this will clear your nasal passage instantly.
- Add garlic in your regular diet like soup, dishes, etc. It is good for health too. And eat garlic in the summer, this will protect you from heat.
5.) Ginger to Treat Sneezing: –
Ginger is one of the oldest home remedies to treat any kind of infection and viral. It has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-emetic and antioxidant properties that are good for nasal problems and allergies. It clears the mucus and helps to stop sneezing faster.
- Take a small piece of ginger and grate it properly.
- Now squeeze the grated ginger and drink ginger extract 2 -3 teaspoons daily to stop sneezing.
Another Way: –
- Take a piece of ginger and cut it into small slices. Now take a pan and heat a cup of water.
- When the water is completely heated, add ginger slices in it and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Drink this ginger tea before going to your bed to stop sneezing faster.
6.) Lavender Oil to Cure Sneezing: –
Lavender oil weakens the histamine response. It is an amazing treatment for sneezing. Lavender oil also boosts the immune system, clears the congestion and keep off the allergies.
There are three ways to use lavender oil that will help you to stop sneezing.
- First:- Take a drop of lavender oil on your finger tip and swipe it inside your cheeks. In a few minutes, this will stop your stuffy runny nose.
- Second:- Drop one drop of lavender oil in nostrils to stop sneezing.
- Third:- If you are not comfortable with dropping lavender oil in the nostrils and applying it inside the cheeks, you can also smell the aroma of lavender oil by pouring a cotton ball in lavender oil.
7.) Lemon Oil to Stop Sneezing: –
Lemon contains vitamin C and minerals. It is an antioxidant home remedy. It can easily remove the frequency of sneezing and boost the immune system.
There are three ways to use lemon oil to treat sneezing.
- First:- Mix a drop of lemon oil with olive oil or with any other oil. And dab it in your nostrils.
- Second:- Boil water in a pan and add a drop of lemon oil and inhale the steam.
- Third:- Add a drop of lemon oil in a glass of water and drink it daily at once to stop sneezing naturally.
These three ways to use lemon oil will cure your sneezing instantly.
8.) Essential Oil to Stop Sneezing: –
The ingredient of this essential oil like lavender essential oil, lemon essential oil, and peppermint essential oil work amazing individually. What if we mix them together? The mixture of these oils will boost the immune system and will fight off with the infections of the hay fever.
- Add three drops of each oil together and mix honey.
- Have it once in a day until you get rid of frequent sneezing.
Few Facts About Sneezing:
- Every person has the same nervous system, but the process of working is different. The nervous system of every person works in different ways and sneezing has a connection with a nervous system that is why not every person got sneeze fits. Nerve transmissions tell your brain that there is air in your nose, which needs to come out. That is why we sneeze.
- A sneeze is not very bad actually, it cleans the body and nose, and when we sneeze the bacterias, germs and viruses come out.
- Eyebrow plucking can make a person sneeze. You (especially ladies) have seen some people sneeze during eyebrow plucking. But you never got it because we always think that there is must be some dust in the air which makes them sneeze. Well, this is a reason, but this is not the reason all the times. They sneeze because during eyebrow plucking any nerve of face sets off so it make you sneeze while eyebrow plucking.
- We don’t sneeze when we sleep. Because our sneezing nerve is also sleeping.
- Exercise can make you sneeze. Yes, if you sneeze during work out its again not because of dust, it’s because, you exert when you work out, so mouth and nose get dry which makes you sneeze.
Further Tips to Stop Sneezing:
- To stop your sneeze lightly pinch your upper lip with your thumb and index finger. Stretch your upper lip upwards in the direction of the nostril.
- Press your tongue with the two front teeth of your mouth. Make sure you do not cut your tongue. Just press it very politely. Do it in time you feel like sneezing.
- When you feel that the sneeze is on its way, tickle the roof of your mouth with the help of your tongue. Do it for 8 to 10 seconds and your sneeze will disappear.
- Press your nose with the help of your fingers, when the sneeze is on its way. Do it for five to ten seconds.
- That trick always works, distract yourself. Yes, distract yourself by pinching your hand from the other hand and the sneeze will stop automatically.
- Wriggle your ear lobe and the sneeze will stop.
- Do not cover your face when you sneeze and do not hold your nose too.
- Do not shake hands with anyone if you’re suffering from a sneeze or if the other person sneezes do not come in contact with that person.
- Keep a distance from children.